Ren'Py A Ross Story: James [v0.5 Part 2.1] [King User]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Oliz82

Mar 15, 2021
Hello.

Thanks for the answers.

Thanks for your review , for the reference I tried to not use real references but using a look alike model (for example: "Tony Stark">"Anthony Moonk"), but they aren't really important most of the time it's just to give a little idea.
When I was talking about reference, I was more talking about context than model.
Because they often talk about what happened before, that they are famous, they can use magic (and nobody is surprised outside Tristan) and have diffferent capacities, they had problems with the paparazzis (though their contact here seems correct), Bradley has a bad temper and cheated a lot, James cheated once, their way of dealing with people in the lagoon (who is Chris Nelson?), Utopia and the ancestors first time on Earth. It's thrown in the dialogs like we should already know that (though we aren't or I'm just unaware of it).
That's why I wanted to know were I could learn more about the background behind the game.

The locations as it's a work in progress, some of them may be exclusive to cheating paths for now, but others will be available after another event with the faithful path ( for example the Park which currently available in a single path)
Well, I think the right way to do it would be to include all locations but having a message saying there's nothing to do there if no event is planned for the path we have chosen (like the "Nobody here" of the Movie room or "James visited the streets, but nothing happened").
As for the slut, while I don't have any problem with it, it didn't really fit James personality (the slut is probably Bradley), nor was reflected in his thoughts and reactions (if we refuse he says he isn't a cheap slut or kick the ass of the stranger and leave though).
Also, is James bottom only? Just to know, though I like it when they are switch (top/bottom and dom/sub).

I thank you a lot, I really appreciate feedback about issues and bugs as,
I want the game to be open outside the main story line I may miss some bugs and issues when players do it another way than the way I thought it.
That's actually a great idea, a main story with some fun and repeatable side events (not necessarily related to each other).
And I'm glad if I can help even a little.

Some additional remarks :
Some characters don't appear though they are present (like Stella in the limo or Dean). Some people seem important enough to be mentioned (Ryan, Morgana, Uncle Tom, Rhonda, Christopher, Chelsea or even Cupi; Esteban being the only one we can see a glimpse) so they should be presented like the rest.
Some conversations are focused on one character and it feels more like he is talking to himself (like the repeatable scene with Brent in the canteen) : if someone is talking, he/she should appear through the conversation at least once (like Adriana, Vince, Layla, Ophelia...). Seeing a name makes me want to know the face associated to remember who it is when I spot it later again. Otherwise, just call them a girl/a woman/a boy/a man or girl 1/girl 2/boy 1/boy 2 if you don't want to introduce them.
If something is happening and mentioned like Brent with his feet on the table, we should see it too.
Some sentences are said by the wrong character like here :
1688266863926.png
Also, the english is very raw and it can make some sentences strange.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Good continuation.

King User

Game Developer
Apr 7, 2022
Hello.

Thanks for the answers.

When I was talking about reference, I was more talking about context than model.
Because they often talk about what happened before, that they are famous, they can use magic (and nobody is surprised outside Tristan) and have diffferent capacities, they had problems with the paparazzis (though their contact here seems correct), Bradley has a bad temper and cheated a lot, James cheated once, their way of dealing with people in the lagoon (who is Chris Nelson?), Utopia and the ancestors first time on Earth. It's thrown in the dialogs like we should already know that (though we aren't or I'm just unaware of it).
That's why I wanted to know were I could learn more about the background behind the game.

Well, I think the right way to do it would be to include all locations but having a message saying there's nothing to do there if no event is planned for the path we have chosen (like the "Nobody here" of the Movie room or "James visited the streets, but nothing happened").
As for the slut, while I don't have any problem with it, it didn't really fit James personality (the slut is probably Bradley), nor was reflected in his thoughts and reactions (if we refuse he says he isn't a cheap slut or kick the ass of the stranger and leave though).
Also, is James bottom only? Just to know, though I like it when they are switch (top/bottom and dom/sub).

That's actually a great idea, a main story with some fun and repeatable side events (not necessarily related to each other).
And I'm glad if I can help even a little.

Some additional remarks :
Some characters don't appear though they are present (like Stella in the limo or Dean). Some people seem important enough to be mentioned (Ryan, Morgana, Uncle Tom, Rhonda, Christopher, Chelsea or even Cupi; Esteban being the only one we can see a glimpse) so they should be presented like the rest.
Some conversations are focused on one character and it feels more like he is talking to himself (like the repeatable scene with Brent in the canteen) : if someone is talking, he/she should appear through the conversation at least once (like Adriana, Vince, Layla, Ophelia...). Seeing a name makes me want to know the face associated to remember who it is when I spot it later again. Otherwise, just call them a girl/a woman/a boy/a man or girl 1/girl 2/boy 1/boy 2 if you don't want to introduce them.
If something is happening and mentioned like Brent with his feet on the table, we should see it too.
Some sentences are said by the wrong character like here :
View attachment 2738868
Also, the english is very raw and it can make some sentences strange.

Good continuation.
Hey
About the english, it's not my main language :(, so it happen than I don't notice typos or weirdly made sentences, I think I'll make an error report section or ask to send me private messages about theses to fix them, and avoid filling the thread (because I'm pretty sure they are many).

In fact some scenes I had to focus on a single character like in class, rendering them, was very hard for my computer (freezes forcing me to manually restart and BSOD) so I had to be less "ambitious" on some scenes. Since i've upgraded my ram I can make bigger and fuller scenes, but still limited by my current configuration. As I rework old scenes with each updates I'll think to improve it too in the same time.

For now James is mainly bottom but in future more options should be available ( depending of the character).

The backstory I'll write it on patreon. I didn't want to put too much infos at once in the game, but introduce them slowly as the game progresses when others characters are curious about them or their ability.

Thanks a lot for all, I fix all theses issues and I'll release a little patch soon (next week, if not tomorrow).
It may require a new start, because like a previous post made me notice, somes of the places I added recently was accessible since the beginning. So it changed values of some variables. That will cause futures bugs or errors when you will have to explore the place "for the first time" in the story, or events that are not supposed to have already happened.

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
ARossStoryJames-0.3.1.1
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2022
It looks very interesting so far.
I do have to echo what others have said about it being hard to relate to people when we're supposed to know a lot about them, but we the players don't.
Personally I would also either like to not start with the BF, or have an open relationship.
And I do hope you will get more topping in for MC. The Thug seems like a good one to start with. I do like having the option to choose position, but I know this is a lot of work for you.

An easier way to tell the time would be nice and a non location specific way to skip some time would be nice. Especially when you have to go through several days to get close to Ado and he has such a small window to appear.

Reactions: King User

King User

Game Developer
Apr 7, 2022
It looks very interesting so far.
I do have to echo what others have said about it being hard to relate to people when we're supposed to know a lot about them, but we the players don't.
Personally I would also either like to not start with the BF, or have an open relationship.
And I do hope you will get more topping in for MC. The Thug seems like a good one to start with. I do like having the option to choose position, but I know this is a lot of work for you.

An easier way to tell the time would be nice and a non location specific way to skip some time would be nice. Especially when you have to go through several days to get close to Ado and he has such a small window to appear.
Thanks and I love your idea about open relationship I may add it in the future.
For the time I still working on it , I plan to make a better time system 24h with minutes I'll will also add a spend time button on map as well as others locations , like the park or ice cream parlor.

King User

Game Developer
Apr 7, 2022
Do you want me to play it again and look for where I get bugs? I'm willing to. I do like the game.
That would be nice, I tried to get this error, but I can't reproduce it in my side. Outside of missing pictures if you get an exception, can you give more details about it ( steps to reproduce or screenshot of the issue) ? And thank you it's really helpful ;).

Oliz82

Mar 15, 2021
Hello.

Your conversation made me want to try it again and I found it :
To encounter it, we have to go through Brent storyline using the Sleep option only and not the Sleep until next day (main story progress).
Besides, that option brings different inconsistencies (well I don't know when everything is supposed to happen so I'll let you correct the ones that need it) :
I would say we can do pretty much everything but maybe not, so here what is strange :
It seems the normal sleep is interfering with the story progress sleep. It's just a feeling though. Well, having 2 ways for sleeping was strange anyway.

Outside, there are some other issues :
After meeting Akeron the first time with Edward, when we reach our room, we're sent sent to the garage (so we have to return to our room again).

If we have sex at school with Brent in the gym (there's nothing shown for now though) after the french class (thanks for it as a french man), once finished Brent reacts like he usually does in the hallway with the same scene (this time, we shouldn't be lost in thoughts...):
1688494309829.png

Another one is, if we refuse to touch Brent's dick and to forgive him, he won't send his home address on the phone, though we're able to go at his house after the party.

When we do something in the canteen, we shouldn't be sent to the hallways once finished but stay there, outside the event in which we go hide to the restroom.

By the way, I have yet to find the park? Does it already exist or did you mistake it for the hideout?
Is Adolphus choice at the canteen supposed to appear once a day (there are even days for which it isn't there)?

Thanks again for your answers and involvement with us here.

Good continuation.

King User

Game Developer
Apr 7, 2022
Hello.

Your conversation made me want to try it again and I found it :
To encounter it, we have to go through Brent storyline using the Sleep option only and not the Sleep until next day (main story progress).
Besides, that option brings different inconsistencies (well I don't know when everything is supposed to happen so I'll let you correct the ones that need it) :
I would say we can do pretty much everything but maybe not, so here what is strange :
It seems the normal sleep is interfering with the story progress sleep. It's just a feeling though. Well, having 2 ways for sleeping was strange anyway.

Outside, there are some other issues :
After meeting Akeron the first time with Edward, when we reach our room, we're sent sent to the garage (so we have to return to our room again).

If we have sex at school with Brent in the gym (there's nothing shown for now though) after the french class (thanks for it as a french man), once finished Brent reacts like he usually does in the hallway with the same scene (this time, we shouldn't be lost in thoughts...):
View attachment 2744764

Another one is, if we refuse to touch Brent's dick and to forgive him, he won't send his home address on the phone, though we're able to go at his house after the party.

When we do something in the canteen, we shouldn't be sent to the hallways once finished but stay there, outside the event in which we go hide to the restroom.

By the way, I have yet to find the park? Does it already exist or did you mistake it for the hideout?
Is Adolphus choice at the canteen supposed to appear once a day (there are even days for which it isn't there)?

Thanks again for your answers and involvement with us here.

Good continuation.
Hi, thanks.
I'm fixing all that i'll probably release it in the next update (if i don't make another patch before).
About the park it's for the moment in the twins (Adolphus and Randulphus) path. It's a path i've made mainly for people who support me on patreon but the park will be available in next update in the general storyline, and yes Adolphus appear at midday everyday once you met him, after some time it's possible to go at his house ( as I still working on the time system, it will be easier to meet him in the future).
Also be aware you still on the version 0.3.1.0.
I released the 0.3.1.1 monday, it fix some big issues and avoid the problem of altered variables who lead to more errors and issues.

Reactions: Oliz82

maxorloffxxx

Jan 1, 2021
Hello,

great game so far, thanks!
But I seem to be stuck at a point where I would need a password. I have either to option to use the password or go leave the room. But as I have no idea about the password, there is nothing I can do. This means I never get to the sleeping part, thus the game is stuck here.... any ideas what I am doing wrong?

See printscreen attached.

Thanks!

King User

Game Developer
Apr 7, 2022
Hello,

great game so far, thanks!
But I seem to be stuck at a point where I would need a password. I have either to option to use the password or go leave the room. But as I have no idea about the password, there is nothing I can do. This means I never get to the sleeping part, thus the game is stuck here.... any ideas what I am doing wrong?

See printscreen attached.

Thanks!
The computer password is optional. If you aren't in a "story part" and you don't have options to sleep or rest check what version you are using (the last one is 0.3.1.1) otherwise, give me more infos about how you get stuck here (Part of story (school day or day) and anything that can help me to reproduce the issue.

Last edited:

maxorloffxxx

Jan 1, 2021
The computer password is optional. If you aren't in a "story part" and you don't have options to sleep or rest check what version you are using (the last one is 0.3.1.1) otherwise, give me more infos about how you get stuck here (Part of story (school day or day) and anything that can help me to reproduce the issue.
Hello,

thanks for your reply!
So, it is night. The only option to go outside is Rua Paloma. Here I cannot do anything. We already agreed with Brent that I meet him to help with the car his family tomorrow morning, so I cannot go to him either. Then at the Mansion I cannot do anything outside. Cannot do anything inside in any of the rooms (I mean nothing or nothing that progresses the story). The only thing I can do is to go into my room and either use the computer or leave my room. The main character says that he should look for the pics of the teacher, searches, then pompted to give password (which I do not know). Then I exit. And again 2 options: is computer, leave room...

and it is the last version, 0.3.1.1.

Hope this helps.

THANKS!

King User

Game Developer
Apr 7, 2022
Hello,

thanks for your reply!
So, it is night. The only option to go outside is Rua Paloma. Here I cannot do anything. We already agreed with Brent that I meet him to help with the car his family tomorrow morning, so I cannot go to him either. Then at the Mansion I cannot do anything outside. Cannot do anything inside in any of the rooms (I mean nothing or nothing that progresses the story). The only thing I can do is to go into my room and either use the computer or leave my room. The main character says that he should look for the pics of the teacher, searches, then pompted to give password (which I do not know). Then I exit. And again 2 options: is computer, leave room...

and it is the last version, 0.3.1.1.

Hope this helps.

THANKS!
:) Thanks I look to fix that.

Faptime

Mar 25, 2018
Preview shots show a male Centaur, and this game has the gay tag. Will the MC get railed by a Centaur's giant horse cock?

And if not, why not? :ROFLMAO:

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote