DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021
A Shot in the Dark: Elly Special Render Suggestions

1713903784597.png

Elly
was the winner of our latest special "fan request" render set for 2024! The results of that poll have been added to the original post:

Now we want to hear your suggestions for what that render will be. Let us know your suggestions for themes, costumes, or cosplay characters you'd like to see for Elly!

Leave your suggestions in the comments, send us a DM, or !

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021
A Shot in the Dark: Chapter 4 Official Release

1713985888726.png

We're excited to announce that the Chapter 4 update of A Shot in the Dark is now officially available on all platforms!

• Steam
  • Itch
If you played the Chapter 4 BETA on Patreon or SubscribeStar already, the only difference with the final version is Chapter 4 achievements have been added, along with some minor bug fixes.

You can now download the final version of Chapter 4 with the achievements on both Patreon (including via integration) and SubscribeStar:

• Patreon
  • SubscribeStar
Chapter 5 is already in development and estimated to release later in 2024. We are also working on translations for A Shot in the Dark to multiple languages. (Interested in helping improve translations? Reach out to us !) Stay tuned for more updates!

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
A Shot in the Dark [Ch.4] [ViM Studios]

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:
- - -

Mac:
- - -

Last edited:

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
A Shot in the Dark [Ch.4] [ViM Studios] - Update only

The patch may break your game, use at your own risk.

Universal: Ch.3 -> Ch.4 [522 MB]
- - -

Universal: Ch.4 Beta -> Ch.4 [18,2 MB]
- - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Please @ me or quote this post if there is a new version that doesn't show up on the "Latest Updates" page.

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
AShotInTheDark-CH4
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.
Want to join the team? Read more here!

AnonW123

Dec 26, 2019
I only play by the rules that come as standard with the game, didn't know that. Now it makes more sense; I found it odd that his mother would be so calm about his father maintaining contact with such a stunning friend.
I play without the patch (I'm not a fan of incest) and I didn't find it odd. I assumed that the Mom and Dad have been split up for years and/or the mom has known her for years and is cool with her. I don't know if they address it in the game but The MC mentions that he isn't close to his Dad and I got the impression that they hadn't talked much or seen each other much over the years.

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
I play without the patch (I'm not a fan of incest) and I didn't find it odd. I assumed that the Mom and Dad have been split up for years and/or the mom has known her for years and is cool with her. I don't know if they address it in the game but The MC mentions that he isn't close to his Dad and I got the impression that they hadn't talked much or seen each other much over the years.
The dialogue for the non-incest variant to this one is handled a little better than other VNs I've seen. You could tell the dev (at least early on) tried to make both variants make sense. Portraying the aunt as an old family friend with a daughter can make sense contextually right up until the part where Elly's relationship to the MC is revealed and the MC acts like they did something taboo. There's obviously nothing controversial about fucking a childhood friend but when the dialogue shifts into taboos like "But it was so wrong! You're my _____!", then it makes it pretty obvious what the canon relationship is really supposed to be.

I don't care about incest one way or another so I usually start VNs without incest patches. Regardless of my feelings on incest in the real world, in the AVN world it's such a common trope that it's almost a rule at this point. Like "If thine family members are hot then thine family must be plowed". However, I prefer dialogue to make sense in context and the moment there is any hint of a taboo in the dialogue, then I'll toss in the incest patch so that it makes sense.

Feb 25, 2024
The dialogue for the non-incest variant to this one is handled a little better than other VNs I've seen. You could tell the dev (at least early on) tried to make both variants make sense. Portraying the aunt as an old family friend with a daughter can make sense contextually right up until the part where Elly's relationship to the MC is revealed and the MC acts like they did something taboo. There's obviously nothing controversial about fucking a childhood friend but when the dialogue shifts into taboos like "But it was so wrong! You're my _____!", then it makes it pretty obvious what the canon relationship is really supposed to be.

I don't care about incest one way or another so I usually start VNs without incest patches. Regardless of my feelings on incest in the real world, in the AVN world it's such a common trope that it's almost a rule at this point. Like "If thine family members are hot then thine family must be plowed". However, I prefer dialogue to make sense in context and the moment there is any hint of a taboo in the dialogue, then I'll toss in the incest patch so that it makes sense.
I played the Steam version, and I'm not sure if I missed it or if the Steam version has this option, but at the beginning of the game, it asks us if she'll be your aunt or a family friend. I decided to play with her as an aunt, and it really is better to play this game that way; it makes much more sense.

AnonW123

Dec 26, 2019

I agree with you for the most part. This game is one of maybe two or three games where real effort is put into having the non incest version feel valid. That scene annoyed me since I'm not playing with the patch. I'm not naive. I know what the popular/canon version of the game is, but If the dev provides a different option for players like me then don't let that incest dialogue creep through. However it's just one scene and no game is perfect so I let it go.

In any event for me, incest (whether in real life or a vn) never makes sense, so playing with a patch is just not going to happen. Also even the best of games will have some things that just don't work or work as well as they should.

DeFuZe

Jul 26, 2018
Glad to see the new update coming out on Steam. The menu looks amazing now and some of the new QoL changes are welcome. Sad that I have to start over all my paths but it's alright, the game is worth playing, I can't wait to see what's next in this new chapter. :love:

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
I played the Steam version, and I'm not sure if I missed it or if the Steam version has this option, but at the beginning of the game, it asks us if she'll be your aunt or a family friend. I decided to play with her as an aunt, and it really is better to play this game that way; it makes much more sense.
Yes, you need to go to options then turn on "alternative script".

alt script.png

NOTE: If you want the WT DLC and don't want to pay you can grab it form the one here or my compressed version and add it to your Steam version and you now have the WT for free :whistle:

walk 1.png

Just copy walkthrough folder, extra.rpa, and script.rpa and copy/replace into Steam folder.

walk2.png

Reactions: Mikedazz1
4.30 star(s) 56 Votes