Ren'Py Abandoned A Sister's Love [v0.4] [BlackStar.Gamez]

4.10 star(s) 10 Votes

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
Or they un-watched their thread as a thread gets set to watch the first time you post in a thread. Not sure if someone gets pings if they are a thread owner or not.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Or they un-watched their thread as a thread gets set to watch the first time you post in a thread. Not sure if someone gets pings if they are a thread owner or not.
watch_content.png

I doubt these boxes are checked by default. At least I don't remember un-checking them in my profile preferences. I've always had to click on the "watch" button to watch threads, even the one(s) I've created.
I could be totally wrong, though.

ontach

Apr 8, 2018
I think we here need to accept some of the blame. The dev goofed up, and we all jumped down his throat. :unsure:
IIRC, there was some loss of coherence which could easily have been explained as being due to the MC getting drunk and blacking out and mixing dreams and reality. Instead, everyone pounded on him and likely put him off the project for good. (n) Shame, really, as the dev had promise - good art, good writing, with humour and wit, decent story (at least in the places it made sense :LOL: ) and plenty of quirks. Really hope he comes back to the project.

Frazenter

Dec 25, 2017
I always find its too bad when a game with so much potential is not continued.
If the work alone becomes too much for you, maybe you could ask for help.

Reactions: Soco100

Scrwu

Jun 8, 2018
Guys, that game won't be continue not because he don't want, a long time ago a System error killed the game code + the backup , the code is lost..

DeUglyOne

Bite Me!
Donor
Sep 1, 2017
Guys, that game won't be continue not because he don't want, a long time ago a System error killed the game code + the backup , the code is lost..
The code is not lost.

This is a RenPy game, which means the code is distributed with every download as a text script file. He may have lost the update code he was (might have been) working on but that would have been all. That's about as lame as it gets if he's trying to use that as an excuse.

And who in their right mind uses the same drive, or even system, for a backup? Thumb drives are so inexpensive that there is no excuse for not having multiple backups.

Frazenter

Dec 25, 2017
He once wrote that he wanted to rewrite and rebuild the game from scratch. He had already started, but then stopped calling. He also said that he doesn't have much time outside of his job, but then maybe you could get help.

ontach

Apr 8, 2018
Is it worth going through what's there or will it end in BB and disappointment?
It is certainly worth playing what is here so far. :love: Like I've said earlier, good art, good writing, with humour and wit, decent story.
Just keep in mind that the MC is prone to delusions and hallucinations after he's had a couple of drinks, so just go with it - don't try to make sense of everything.

dingdong84

Aug 28, 2020
It is certainly worth playing what is here so far. :love: Like I've said earlier, good art, good writing, with humour and wit, decent story.
Just keep in mind that the MC is prone to delusions and hallucinations after he's had a couple of drinks, so just go with it - don't try to make sense of everything.
I do like the posted screenshots, so I will give it a go. Thanks.

Reactions: x7CB

Si71

Apr 27, 2018
Hello everyone does anybody know if the author of this game has set up a webpage for this game because he’s no longer apparently on patron because of their rules regarding about those who make games with either daughter or sister in it and does anybody know what has happened to the author of this game

met4lsp4wn

May 5, 2017
Hello everyone does anybody know if the author of this game has set up a webpage for this game because he’s no longer apparently on patron because of their rules regarding about those who make games with either daughter or sister in it and does anybody know what has happened to the author of this game
She got pregnant, she even posted it here in this thread and said that would be her priority but that she might/would return to it when she'd have more time.

Reactions: x7CB
4.10 star(s) 10 Votes