evildumdum

Mar 31, 2019
So i found an interesting thing. If i open the HTML from the zipped file it works fine (if only using temp data), but if I unpack it the HTML opens a new tab for every layer of folder that the game is nested in and none of the tabs do anything but contain an error message.

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
So i found an interesting thing. If i open the HTML from the zipped file it works fine (if only using temp data), but if I unpack it the HTML opens a new tab for every layer of folder that the game is nested in and none of the tabs do anything but contain an error message.
The game does not work inside a zip. The other effects you describe are not familiar to me. It is probably an issue for the browser you are using or any add-on's in said browser

What browser are you using? Try a different one, I know all major browsers work fine (FireFox, Chrome, MS Edge etc)

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
Alright, ready to give this a try now. I have a few questions though.

Is this a real sandbox/freeroam game in the sense that you cannot really miss something? If you miss it one day, you can simply do it the next day?
I know there is a walkthrough, but I don't like it when games need a walkthrough. That's usually a sign of bad game design. All that constant task swapping is detrimental to the immersion of a game. Is there an in-game hint system?

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
Alright, ready to give this a try now. I have a few questions though.

Is this a real sandbox/freeroam game in the sense that you cannot really miss something? If you miss it one day, you can simply do it the next day?
I know there is a walkthrough, but I don't like it when games need a walkthrough. That's usually a sign of bad game design. All that constant task swapping is detrimental to the immersion of a game. Is there an in-game hint system?
This is a game with a story and event progression but many or most parts are started based on your actions and when you choose to do them. A lot of the more minor events can be initiated any time. You can miss things depending on your choices. Make sure to read what people tell you and how spells work etc and save every so often and in new slots some times. The game does provide some auto-saves.

The walkthough is an interesting question, I have had people say they cannot play this without a walkthrough and I have had other not need it. It can be that for your first playthrough you will miss some events/characters and may sometimes not know where to go. If in doubt talk to people or try your magic.
The game provides notes in your phone of things pending, but it is not a guide and does not tell you what to do next, it is shown from the point of view of what the player knows

Reactions: Grimtown

Carson644

Jan 13, 2019
So my save file doesn't work for some reason and it really sucks cuz I was close to the end of the apprentice route do anyone have a save of that with I really don't want to lose progress and start over

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
So my save file doesn't work for some reason and it really sucks cuz I was close to the end of the apprentice route do anyone have a save of that with I really don't want to lose progress and start over
Attached are some I posted a while ago, but there were some posted by others in the last few pages

Note: The Elian one is a bit hacked I do not recommend it for general play

yomeri5664

Oct 20, 2020
There seems to be a glitch when charming the librarian. it makes me make her stay until night, then the next morning she is always undressed and I can't charm the receptionist

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
There seems to be a glitch when charming the librarian. it makes me make her stay until night, then the next morning she is always undressed and I can't charm the receptionist
I am aware of no issues in this process and it has not been changed for a fair while

The charm process for Tess always has you tell her to 'stay' but not strictly until night, just stay as in do not go to her husband
As long as Tess is in her office you should be able to have her ask Ms Titus in

yomeri5664

Oct 20, 2020
I luckily managed to get over that problem, thanks. One issue I am having now is when I charm john adams it continuously says "talk to john some more" and clicking the button doesn't do anything or bring me to another screen. it also doesn't advance the time but if I turn on cheats and click "undo the last action" it skips ahead in time

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
I luckily managed to get over that problem, thanks. One issue I am having now is when I charm john adams it continuously says "talk to john some more" and clicking the button doesn't do anything or bring me to another screen. it also doesn't advance the time but if I turn on cheats and click "undo the last action" it skips ahead in time
Please reapply the update for 10.14.2, earlier versions had a bug like this

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
Thanks! last question: is it possible to charm the nurse at the hospital? I can't figure out how to although I know her name. Says that it's too public every time i try
You mean the nurse in the ICU? You need to know the spell 'Shielded Charm', have you learned it yet from what is in the Vase?

rickbrook

Dec 23, 2018
i saw the mod folder with some instructions. does that mean making mods (like Bologna Mod) will be easier and can be incorporated into the game?

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
i saw the mod folder with some instructions. does that mean making mods (like Bologna Mod) will be easier and can be incorporated into the game?
Yes, that is the idea, though the Bologna mod predated most of this and is just a copy of the game edited, not an 'add-on' type mod

But, there are a couple of bugs in the current version for some start events and images, you may wish to wait for the final (for 10.14 version) 10.14.2.5 update due soon

uztgft

May 26, 2018
I have to wander seeing how this game looks to be almost complete what is left to add to it?
And after it is complete what is next on the agenda

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
I have to wander seeing how this game looks to be almost complete what is left to add to it?
And after it is complete what is next on the agenda
Aunt Brandi an Elian still need to be charmed or finally contracted. I have also planned for Mrs Tanika's husband

Some other story arc need to be improved/fleshed out, like Catherine's revenge against Mr Beasley, post charm content for Davy and a number of other things

Additionally some of the new characters from the Bologna mod could be ported over

• Love
Reactions: corinthiano

rickbrook

Dec 23, 2018
Yes, that is the idea, though the Bologna mod predated most of this and is just a copy of the game edited, not an 'add-on' type mod

But, there are a couple of bugs in the current version for some start events and images, you may wish to wait for the final (for 10.14 version) 10.14.2.5 update due soon
yes that was different because i guess they had no choice. but with this new system i think community content will be more mainstream. i feel like this is really good for us (im thinking Venus's Club like contribution). Also i just wanna say i respect you a lot for making a pathway for modding. its not easy to willingly let your content be changed.

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
yes that was different because i guess they had no choice. but with this new system i think community content will be more mainstream. i feel like this is really good for us (im thinking Venus's Club like contribution). Also i just wanna say i respect you a lot for making a pathway for modding. its not easy to willingly let your content be changed.
Thanks, if you are eager to give it a try I can post a 'patch' file that fixes the bugs

4.30 star(s) 58 Votes