Shagrynn

Apr 3, 2018
Ok, so I'm going to restart the game, follow the walkthrough. NOW, which path should I take? I read a comment saying murder path had more content (murder who) but I do have a bit of a hard time being an asshole in a game for no reason

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
Sorry for my bad english :
In the murder path when i try too stole the vase, during the interpelation i lost the book. It's a new addition or it's a bug?
So i drop the book in the bedroom, and i pick up it after the event
Check in the cheat menu, View Items, what is the location listed for the Book?

It is also likely Diane White has the book, have you charmed her yet?

Last edited:

DrPoods

Jun 25, 2018
Cousin's Mother = your Aunt. And no, she's probably more for version 14.9.3.0 or later unless Cmacleod42 has other plans.
Yes, aunt. Me no thinkee early mornings too good.

I suspect that I was attempting to make it crystal clear who I was referring to. But who knows? I certainly don't. :ROFLMAO:

rien666

Feb 20, 2017
So i may be in a situation where i am unable to progress further that wasn't intended. If you go through with the vase situation and get arrested without previously charming the police chief, there seems to be no way to do so afterwards because the DA sticks around the station. Should I just restart or am i missing something?

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
So i may be in a situation where i am unable to progress further that wasn't intended. If you go through with the vase situation and get arrested without previously charming the police chief, there seems to be no way to do so afterwards because the DA sticks around the station. Should I just restart or am i missing something?
Well, yes you are, this was always a bad place to be, to be arrested and having none of the police in your power. You really had to previously visit the police station and charm Officer Batton.
Use an earlier save and charm her before doing the Vase

But can't charm Diane and free Officer Batton and charm her once you know Shielded Charm? If not please post your save game for me to check

Remember also, the game autosaves every night, so you can still likely reload the autosave and avoid the vase until you have Officer Batton charmed

rien666

Feb 20, 2017
Well, yes you are, this was always a bad place to be, to be arrested and having none of the police in your power. You really had to previously visit the police station and charm Officer Batton.
Use an earlier save and charm her before doing the Vase

But can't charm Diane and free Officer Batton and charm her once you know Shielded Charm? If not please post your save game for me to check

Remember also, the game autosaves every night, so you can still likely reload the autosave and avoid the vase until you have Officer Batton charmed
Ah sorry, I just figured out that you should be using pass in order to get into the closed museum. Everything you said worked as is after getting the shielded charm, thank you for your help.

Shagrynn

Apr 3, 2018
I guess my save was way older than I thought. Restarted, new stuff all over the place. weird tho, police chief already charmed by another

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
.. weird tho, police chief already charmed by another
Deliberate change for version 14.9.2. Davy has a few others charmed in the game, the chief of police is a logical person for self-protection and Davy is cautious by nature

Shagrynn

Apr 3, 2018
Deliberate change for version 14.9.2. Davy has a few others charmed in the game, the chief of police is a logical person for self-protection and Davy is cautious by nature
Ah, this was not reflected inthe walkthrough. Also, i never got the option for john adams to look for davy

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
Ah, this was not reflected inthe walkthrough. Also, i never got the option for john adams to look for davy
The walkthrough lists the version it applies to, it has not been updated for this release

A number of versions back I removed the option to have John look for Davy, you can transform him now.

Are you using the walkthough in the game, it should not refer to John looking for Davy, it is updated to 14.8 I believe

Razield

Nov 12, 2017
I think He means the 3 paths you laid out, murder/soft/aprentice?

On a different note is there a road map for completion on your end? Do you have a completed game in mind/ will you be planning on a sequal? If so how far off the sompleted game are we?

Reactions: Power Lord
4.30 star(s) 60 Votes