Xanter98

Feb 23, 2018
It's my first time playing the murder path and I've encountered a problem. In the walkthrough it says to go to Sir Ronald Gate's house at night and ask officer Khan what's going on, but the only options I have are to go calmly or run. Should I ignore this and do the other things, or the walkthrough is not available at all and should proceed on my own?

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
It's my first time playing the murder path and I've encountered a problem. In the walkthrough it says to go to Sir Ronald Gate's house at night and ask officer Khan what's going on, but the only options I have are to go calmly or run. Should I ignore this and do the other things, or the walkthrough is not available at all and should proceed on my own?
What you describe only happens if you missed first going home, talking to Mom and getting a clean shirt. Otherwise you are assumed to have a shirt with blood stains visiting a murder scene

So reload and talk to Mom first

Xanter98

Feb 23, 2018
What you describe only happens if you missed first going home, talking to Mom and getting a clean shirt. Otherwise you are assumed to have a shirt with blood stains visiting a murder scene

So reload and talk to Mom first
Thank you for you fast response, sir. Have a good day! Btw, love the game!

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
I can't tell her to go to the park or any of the other stuff
Your save game has Debra in an invalid state, did you charm her in-game, or did you use the cheat menu? It looks like you used the cheat menu and specified an illegal value (well probably used the default), for her you can only select
You,2
or
You,1
To fix just use the cheat menu, locate Debra and type one of the above in the charm them box and click the link

vrtrtr

May 8, 2017
I played this years ago and found it really hard to get into.
The ratings however seem to be overwhelmingly positive - is playing without a walkthrough a fun experience?

Dysphorika

May 5, 2019
I played this years ago and found it really hard to get into.
The ratings however seem to be overwhelmingly positive - is playing without a walkthrough a fun experience?
I will be honest and just my experience but the first time I played didn't get into it, till I discovered the walkthrough (and it's not 100% because there is always the random factor).

Feb 28, 2018
There's a bug in People/personJessica.js in the type block meetesmeralda2e:

No matter if you ask Esmeralda or Jessica about the picture, there's no text displayed.

First issue is the function call getQueryParams("ask") in line 438, 443 and 469.
--> should be getQueryParam("ask") (without the plural s)

The second issue is the condition in line 470 and 471 (ask == "").
That's not true anymore after the first question, so the answer to the second question won't be displayed when you ask.

I don't know what the intended logic should've been. Should you be able to ask both about the picture or just one of them? The condition needs to be adjusted accordingly (don't display the question if you can't see the answer).

Last edited:

Majere40

Jan 19, 2018
Does anyone know if the Mod (for the Murder path) is compatible with the latest update?

Edit: The Mod link is down :(

Last edited:

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
Does anyone know if the Mod (for the Murder path) is compatible with the latest update?

Edit: The Mod link is down :(
It is not a mod as in it is applied to the game, it is a stand-alone version of the game. It has not been updated since 14.8.4

There was a Google Drive link for it posted in this thread, it may still be valid

Last edited:

septacycell

Dec 27, 2017
It is not a mod as in it is applied to the game, it is a stand-alone version of the game. It has not been updated since 14.8.4

There was a Google Drive link for it posted in this thread, it may still be valid
I reported the original post with said problem, I hope the author or a moderator may add it in the original starting post.

maxdrell

Jun 7, 2017
How do you access the Graveyard? Guide seems to suggest talking to Bambi in her room unlocks it, but it never worked for me....is there any other unlock condition for finding it?

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
How do you access the Graveyard? Guide seems to suggest talking to Bambi in her room unlocks it, but it never worked for me....is there any other unlock condition for finding it?
When Kurdorf asks you do do the ritual or when you meet Jesse/Legion at your home. Also when you first meet Louise at the General Store after the Seance

Belgie831

Dec 16, 2018
i need just the javascript file ... Ours is causing lots of bugs ... Anyone care to help please? Running: 14.9.2
Thank you all

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
i need just the javascript file ... Ours is causing lots of bugs ... Anyone care to help please? Running: 14.9.2
Thank you all
Please let me know what are the 'lots of bugs' you are getting. I do not have a large number of bug reports for the last version I posted.

Try applying the last fix I posted 14.9.2.1 and see if it helps

poorhermit

Jan 21, 2018
Thank you for this amazing game! I was so addicted to this and was pretty much flying through it as soon as I got back from work.

I'll like to ask how much more additional content is being planned for this game? There seems to be the suggestion of more content following a number of "quests" such as saving the witch & having her as a powerful ally/encountering the sleep demon/vampire/saving Jessica or having some sort of conclusion? Maybe I did something wrong but I don't think I ever got an "ending" as such but rather I just had all of the girls charmed and that was it. I read the walkthrough about sleeping in your own room to "end" the game but nothing different happens. Regardless I'm happy in a way that the game is left open for further expansion yet at the same time feeling like left on a cliff hanger without an ending lol.

Again thanks for the amazing work.

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
Thank you for this amazing game! I was so addicted to this and was pretty much flying through it as soon as I got back from work.

I'll like to ask how much more additional content is being planned for this game? There seems to be the suggestion of more content following a number of "quests" such as saving the witch & having her as a powerful ally/encountering the sleep demon/vampire/saving Jessica or having some sort of conclusion? Maybe I did something wrong but I don't think I ever got an "ending" as such but rather I just had all of the girls charmed and that was it. I read the walkthrough about sleeping in your own room to "end" the game but nothing different happens. Regardless I'm happy in a way that the game is left open for further expansion yet at the same time feeling like left on a cliff hanger without an ending lol.

Again thanks for the amazing work.
Sorry I do not have a well planned rad-map for the game, general ideas of what is to be done. So by all means more is planned for
-Elian
- Mrs Tanika's husband
- Carols wife
- a final resolution for Kurndorf and the Hellgate

There is an end in the game now, to get it one you have gotten a certain level of completeness, so have charmed all the polive, all of town hall (including Emily), and a number of other people. Defeat Davy, Legion and Kurndorf
Then when you visit your bedroom, anytime, you will get the offer to end your adventure. You can decide to continue on for a bonus

Reactions: poorhermit

poorhermit

Jan 21, 2018
Sorry I do not have a well planned rad-map for the game, general ideas of what is to be done. So by all means more is planned for
-Elian
- Mrs Tanika's husband
- Carols wife
- a final resolution for Kurndorf and the Hellgate

There is an end in the game now, to get it one you have gotten a certain level of completeness, so have charmed all the polive, all of town hall (including Emily), and a number of other people. Defeat Davy, Legion and Kurndorf
Then when you visit your bedroom, anytime, you will get the offer to end your adventure. You can decide to continue on for a bonus
That is strange because I have done all that. Is there a way to check on the cheat menu?

That's good to hear that you have some general ideas on further progression!

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
That is strange because I have done all that. Is there a way to check on the cheat menu?

That's good to hear that you have some general ideas on further progression!
No way in the cheat menu.

You need to have met Miku, have either freed or finally enslaved Jessica, defeated Davy, Legion, Kurndorf, and charmed
Tess, Mr Beasley, Angela, Emily, Mayor Thomas, Officer Batton, Gina, Victoria, Diane White

4.30 star(s) 60 Votes