DominatePar

Mar 9, 2018
how to take back the book if you got busted.i charm everybody at police station and i know mr.beasley took the book but when i go to his office it was game over.anyway to get back my book or i stuck forever?

Carmen Sandiego

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
how to take back the book if you got busted.i charm everybody at police station and i know mr.beasley took the book but when i go to his office it was game over.anyway to get back my book or i stuck forever?
You need to get the necklace from Gina. Try to steal the vase at the museum, get busted, talk to the mayor, close museum, go to the museum snag the vase and pick up the lock of hair and Gina's address. Go to the sacred clearing and possess Gina. Hide the necklace. Go to her house. Charm her, take the necklace, profit.

Reactions: DominatePar

DominatePar

Mar 9, 2018
You need to get the necklace from Gina. Try to steal the vase at the museum, get busted, talk to the mayor, close museum, go to the museum snag the vase and pick up the lock of hair and Gina's address. Go to the sacred clearing and possess Gina. Hide the necklace. Go to her house. Charm her, take the necklace, profit.
thank you

Carmen Sandiego

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
i can't access gina house at scared clearing after i take dragon vase i even smash by help of hannah and found dragon gem but can't pick up.
You can't pick up the gem. Abby, from the aquarium, has to be told to move it for you. In order to possess Gina you must know the spell, obviously, have a lock of her hair AND make sure you have enough mana. If you have all three, there should be no problem possessing Gina. Don't forget to learn shielded charm from the gem too.

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
If you have not learned Possession yet, then the other paths to get defences are

a) visit the church and charm Pamela and revisit her and have sex to get her bracelet
b) visit the Gym on a week day and the Restaurant to meet Jenny. Then on the weekend meet the new waitress and charm her. Visit the following day to learn a protection training

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
How can i reset the gabby event?
Reload from a save from before you started, there is no simple way, multiple flags are involved in the events for both Gabby and Mom to monitor and control the process
There is an auto-save every night

Otherwise they are briefly documented in the people.html document in the Development folder you would just reset all flags and also the charmed time variable for Mom (charm her, uncharm her in the cheat menu)

Carmen Sandiego

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
anyone have full walkthrough 14.8 ?
It's been said before but I'll say it again. No. Although the walkthru isn't up to date it will get you through most of the game. The only parts it doesn't cover are the new events with gabby and the mom. There are numerous posts with details about what to do for that event though.

Reactions: Amegica
Sep 8, 2017
A guard against the dead and often the living, aiglcr."
I don't know if you posted the above because you're confused about it/asking for help, but in case you were, 'aiglcr' is 'garlic' scrambled. "A guard against the dead and often the living" Get it? (Funny haha)

Dante22

Apr 22, 2018
Alright i restarted and the museum quest went on well, but this time i have another problem dave is at the hotel and Kate is with him, the walkthrough says she should be at the park(Not sure if i did anything wrong before since i wasn't following it), but is there still a way to avoid her leaving town without cheating? Also is there a good way of getting mana at this point of the game?

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
Alright i restarted and the museum quest went on well, but this time i have another problem dave is at the hotel and Kate is with him, the walkthrough says she should be at the park(Not sure if i did anything wrong before since i wasn't following it), but is there still a way to avoid her leaving town without cheating? Also is there a good way of getting mana at this point of the game?
Charm her! She leaves via her home, you can ambush her there.

When you beat Davy there will be an option to call her a bitch, then you can charm her. You should first go to her home and read both photo albums in her room

There are options/questions that essentially make Davy go to the hotel with Kate, you must of selected one, you could also just reload and use an earlier save from before asking some one where Davy is (most likely Mr Beasley, Debra or Bambi)

You have lost the option of her as a lover and NOT be charmed in this playthrough. The steps you refer to are if you want her as a lover and NOT charm her

Sep 8, 2017
First of all, let me begin by saying that I love this game!

Having a problem with Tina after Lilith turns her into a vampire- she disappears! I'm in the murder path, and want to use Tina as my 'helper' to deal with Gabby, but on the night-of (when gabby and mom have moved to Gabby's house) Lilith shows up wherever I am as soon as the sun goes down, but Tina does not. I've gone back to the Robbins's house, and found that after Tina is turned into a vampire, all options for her there (i.e. 'talk' to Tina in her bedroom, tell Tina to follow you, etc.) have disappeared. I've even tried to cheat my way around this- I'm assuming of course, that I understand how to use the cheat menu properly- I go to 'view people' and select Tina, then change the her location to match my own- that should bring her to me, right? It doesn't. Where did she go?

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
First of all, let me begin by saying that I love this game!

Having a problem with Tina after Lilith turns her into a vampire- she disappears! I'm in the murder path, and want to use Tina as my 'helper' to deal with Gabby, but on the night-of (when gabby and mom have moved to Gabby's house) Lilith shows up wherever I am as soon as the sun goes down, but Tina does not. I've gone back to the Robbins's house, and found that after Tina is turned into a vampire, all options for her there (i.e. 'talk' to Tina in her bedroom, tell Tina to follow you, etc.) have disappeared. I've even tried to cheat my way around this- I'm assuming of course, that I understand how to use the cheat menu properly- I go to 'view people' and select Tina, then change the her location to match my own- that should bring her to me, right? It doesn't. Where did she go?
This is a reported bug, please apply the last fix I posted and she will be available.

Or wait for this weekend when I post the update version 14.8.1

Reactions: Muff Diver
4.30 star(s) 60 Votes