Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
MC's accuracy depends on his energy level. If he's Tired or Exhausted, expect a lot of infuriating misses. I do agree that some abilities like Defensive Strike don't always give me the much needed Evasion.
It's not just that though - you can be at full energy and still whiff maybe 1/8 shots with a "100% accuracy" weapon and moderate percep/dex, it's definitely wayyyy too punitive, whatever formula it's using; particularly because this still occurs on 'trash mobs' half your level.

On the flip side, stealth backstab is wayyy too overpowered; feels like there's little reason to fight hard encounters manually; i cleared the whole anya camp at level 26 just by waiting for the backstab cooldowns to refresh for each enemy.

Reactions: mrttao

Solak

Nov 22, 2017
a) Each scene is sometimes laggy asf!
b) The loops pause at random moments and the transition from one area to the next needs a revise (your character sometimes feels like it jumped clear across the map by simply entering the zone).
c) Hit ratings are dogwater garbage still, it feels like for every 12 strikes the PC only successfully lands 4 or 5 on average no matter what level he's at and with so many heavily "grindy" moments already in the game, that can only piss people off over time. Another option that could work here might be nerfing the everluving hell out of non-essential enemies (standard trash mobs) to make grinding less insufferable; if you can't hit the broadside of a barn on a sunny summer day, the least you should get are MORE than enough "practice shots" in so that you get better at it. xD
d) Although the concept IS impressive on its own, and definitely needs to be in the game, having such HUGELY consequential "timed quests" so early in just feels redundant. The quests I am referring to are MOSTLY the timed quest objectives that unlock with such little effort to raise affection. Maybe change it so that the character's level increase unlocks it instead, or maybe even raise the affection level minimum before the event triggers? You could even change the dice roll to make it a bit more randomized, I'm sure. I dunno, feels like there's some "tutorial boss" PTSD (xD I'm sure some of you know EXACTLY what I'm referring to here) when I think about how this screws everything when I'm already busting my character's balls to get back into his house.

All in all, the game has some SERIOUS potential, but dear CHRIST does it need some improvement still. Some of the changes I mentioned aren't even that difficult to do anything with, just takes a team with a basic understanding of intermediate algebra and the time to code it all together (which I presume the devs have both already, since they've released this much content into the game by now).
a) Agreed, though it's mostly due to animations being a quick succession of images rather than actual animations
b) Not sure what you mean... I'm assuming you mean that between some maps, it feels like you walked a fair distance between the 2? I'd say it's better this way, gives a feeling that the world is bigger than what you see (and gives the ability to add new maps in-between if the need ever arises)
c) That's early game shenanigans, for the most part. You do end up hitting much more often as you level up (who knew skill and practice could help with that, eh?). That said, there is a rework/rebalance patch planned at some point in the future. The priority currently is on adding more content though
d) That feeling of being overwhelmed is core to the early game. MC is overwhelmed after all! Has to turn his whole behaviour around after losing his one and only family, losing his home and learning the hard way that nobody cares (except Mira) whether he lives or croaks during the night if he can'tdo anything useful during these trying times of war. So he has to change, and fast!

So yeah, rest assured that improvements will come in due time for early game... but they won't address everything you said. Challenge is an essential part of this game's experience. And no, the dev is currently working alone... though he is trying to find a second working pair of hands to help him.

Reactions: ravven_7 and zARRR

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
It's not just that though - you can be at full energy and still whiff maybe 1/8 shots with a "100% accuracy" weapon and moderate percep/dex, it's definitely wayyyy too punitive, whatever formula it's using; particularly because this still occurs on 'trash mobs' half your level.

On the flip side, stealth backstab is wayyy too overpowered; feels like there's little reason to fight hard encounters manually; i cleared the whole anya camp at level 26 just by waiting for the backstab cooldowns to refresh for each enemy.
Accuracy isn't inluenced by Energy alone, there is a hidden stat called fatigue... if you use other means than sleep to replenish energy this stat still grows and eventually will affect MC even at 100% energy.
That aside Perception actually has an influence on hit rate, while Dexterity an influence on crit chance and damage.

Take into account that thief like mobs have a natural high evasion rate and if you don't have a torch dark areas likely have a negative effect on hitrate aswell (the Player is pressed to find one early though, but if you don't follow the fitting storylines you might still miss it before finding caves and stuff)

Last edited:
Reactions: zARRR and Solak

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
I feel that this whole infinite loop - people who have never posted before in this thread but nonetheless come in behaving like a cow in a church starting randomly complaining about literally anything about the game, then old timers feel the need of always answering them instead of simply ignoring them - is exceedingly tiresome and exhausting.

So, I think I'm going to have a rest and leave you, guys. See you when 0.5.5.0 comes out = in July, most likely.

Bye.

• Angry
Reactions: mrttao

Abaddon44

Nov 15, 2020
Does anyone have a guide on how to unlock all the crafts?

And is it normal to have a paper defense even at level 20? I can only fight one Raven bandit a day.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Does anyone have a guide on how to unlock all the crafts?

And is it normal to have a paper defense even at level 20? I can only fight one Raven bandit a day.
check the walkthrough...
Invest in armor proficiency for natural higher Def and improve self crafted armor with Iron plateings

Reactions: Abaddon44

Solak

Nov 22, 2017
I feel that this whole infinite loop - people who have never posted before in this thread but nonetheless come in behaving like a cow in a church starting randomly complaining about literally anything about the game, then old timers feel the need of always answering them instead of simply ignoring them - is exceedingly tiresome and exhausting.

So, I think I'm going to have a rest and leave you, guys. See you when 0.5.5.0 comes out = in July, most likely.

Bye.
Oh hey, the infinite loop of Ottoeight coming out of hibernating to say hi before going back to hibernation! Never gets old.

grass12345

Feb 19, 2021
I tried everything to get frisha to watch emily and mc have sex, but she doesn't come, is there a requirement with frisha for it? I did not even start the church questline in one save and the other I did the church questline, but neither helps. Is it bugged or removed?

Samuel Hidayat

May 16, 2019
I tried everything to get frisha to watch emily and mc have sex, but she doesn't come, is there a requirement with frisha for it? I did not even start the church questline in one save and the other I did the church questline, but neither helps. Is it bugged or removed?
When you fuck Emily, switch positions for around 3+ times.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
check the walkthrough...
Invest in armor proficiency for natural higher Def and improve self crafted armor with Iron plateings
Does even rogue equipment require armor proficiency?

Accuracy isn't inluenced by Energy alone, there is a hidden stat called fatigue... if you use other means than sleep to replenish energy this stat still grows and eventually will affect MC even at 100% energy.
That aside Perception actually has an influence on hit rate, while Dexterity an influence on crit chance and damage.

Take into account that thief like mobs have a natural high evasion rate and if you don't have a torch dark areas likely have a negative effect on hitrate aswell (the Player is pressed to find one early though, but if you don't follow the fitting storylines you might still miss it before finding caves and stuff)
I appreciate the additional information, though neither of these factors influenced fights where I approximated the miss rate - that's to say, it would certainly seem even accounting for all other mechanics affecting miss and discarding them, the innate rate seems too high.

Normally in rpg -style games; players have an expectation of being able to meet equal-level mobs or less and have a good chance against them, with mediocre or better gear. Tbh the real issue is the grouping setup of mobs; I can't imagine how far people would get in a game like World of Warcraft if at level 10 they were required to fight three level 10 murlocs at a time to level up :LOL:

I like this game and I like talking about it, I like talking good about it, I like talking critically about it, I like it all. If this induces lethargy, I recommend pairing forums with coffee as I often do.

Last edited:

grass12345

Feb 19, 2021
When you fuck Emily, switch positions for around 3+ times.
Unfortunately its not working for me, to switch positions you need to at least start the church right? and i didnt do anything with frisha yet, i do remember triggering the interaction in the past but just isnt able to now, thanks for the reply tho.

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
If this induces lethargy, I recommend pairing forums with coffee as I often do.
Naah on the contrary, mr Ottoeight is a caffeine addict, in fact he drinks too much coffee, he has become just like Fry in that episode of Futurama where he drinks one thousand cups of coffee and becomes so excited and nervous that he slowed time.
Cryogenic therapy is needed.

Webleten

Feb 17, 2018
How does the recently implemented skill points gain system work exactly?
I’m going to replay from the start once 5.4.0 comes out and I’m curious about it.

Overlord070

Jan 21, 2021
Unfortunately its not working for me, to switch positions you need to at least start the church right? and i didnt do anything with frisha yet, i do remember triggering the interaction in the past but just isnt able to now, thanks for the reply tho.
No.
When you sleep with Emily at night select the fuck option, none of the others will trigger the 3some as far as I am aware. Eventually as you progress through and increase affection you will get more than one position, when that happened keep changing positions (I change 5 times to be sure) and then cum. Frisha should now appear at the door and comment.

If you haven't done anything with Frisha I'm not 100% it will trigger the 3some but check the walkthrough.

Matiur13

Nov 23, 2020
How does the recently implemented skill points gain system work exactly?
I’m going to replay from the start once 5.4.0 comes out and I’m curious about it.
When you do different actions:
  • Cutting a tree
  • Open a spot in the soil to plant
  • Trying to lockpick doors or chest (even if you success or not)
  • Using magic on enemies
  • Trying to convince a Brigand
  • Finding things in the ground
  • Trying to find secret passages
  • Hunting (killing the animal or not)
  • Etc
The system give you 1/20 or 1/50 Points of a certain Talent. When you reach 20/20 or 50/50 you have +1 Talent Points in that Talent.

IIRC this apply for most of the Talents, but doesn't apply to the Armor Proficiency Talent.

Last edited:
Reactions: Webleten

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Does even rogue equipment require armor proficiency?
My MC had around 10 points in it when I unlocked it so I am not sure... but 3 says "can equip normal armor" aleast.
I appreciate the additional information, though neither of these factors influenced fights where I approximated the miss rate - that's to say, it would certainly seem even accounting for all other mechanics affecting miss and discarding them, the innate rate seems too high.

Normally in rpg -style games; players have an expectation of being able to meet equal-level mobs or less and have a good chance against them, with mediocre or better gear. Tbh the real issue is the grouping setup of mobs; I can't imagine how far people would get in a game like World of Warcraft if at level 10 they were required to fight three level 10 murlocs at a time to level up :LOL:
The only 3 men strong group at the start of the game are the thieves south of Arenfield... to get your analogy running that would be like going after a Dragon right after Character creation in WoW... there are areas you simply aren't meant to go until your Level is high enough... check the Questlog to get a rough estimate which area is the best to you.
Enemies can evolve so there eventually will be stronger mobs everywhere but choosing your battles is essential in RPGs.

4.60 star(s) 140 Votes