zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
Then lets define what is Sin and we can go from there:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Christoph von Fürer-Haimendorf said this about Sin in the buddhism: "In Buddhist thinking the whole universe, men as well as gods, are subject to a reign of law. Every action, good or bad, has an inevitable and automatic effect in a long chain of causes, an effect which is independent of the will of any deity. Even though this may leave no room for the concept of 'sin' in the sense of an act of defiance against the authority of a personal god, Buddhists speak of 'sin' when referring to transgressions against the universal moral code."

However, Anantarika-kamma in Theravada Buddhism is a heinous crime, which through karmic process brings immediate disaster.
In Mahayana Buddhism these five crimes are referred to as pañcānantarya (Pāli), and are mentioned in The Sutra Preached by the Buddha on the Total Extinction of the Dharma, The five crimes or sins are:
  1. Injuring a Buddha
  2. Killing an Arhat
  3. Creating schism in the society of Sangha
  4. Matricide
  5. Patricide
In The Shinto they say this:

Sin, also called Tsumi, is anything that makes people impure (i.e. anything that separates them from the kami).However, Shinto does not believe this impurity is the result of human actions, but rather the result of evil spirits or other external factors.

Sin can have a variety of consequences in Japan, including disaster and disease. Because of this, purification rituals, or Harae, are viewed as important not just to the spiritual and physical health of the individual, but to the well-being of the nation.

On other hand another teologist specified that Sin is the base pilar of the first tries to make a community with rules.

In the game what is the concept of Sin?
What do you think?
Sorry for The late response, it looks indeed sin is a manifestation of the cruelty of men.
So many things I didn’t know, now I have meditate even more about it.
Well thank you for this

agregen

Oct 28, 2019
Well, I tried that one as well, but it gives the same result…
But one thing I've noticed there is that a PNG file can be "recovered" without a key… Turns out the whole "decryption" process only affects the first 16 bytes of the file (after dropping RPGMV header). And after comparing a "decrypted" file with a "recovered" one I realized they only differ in first 3 bytes.
…And then I checked the game code and found out that it ignores encryption key from config altogether. No wonder regular decryption fails :LOL:

FapMachine123

Jun 26, 2020
We have no idea what is considered a Sin exactly in the game world. I pondered already months ago what exactly is supposed to be a "moral" character for the dev/game.

First there is a distinction between the corruption of others and the corruption of the MC:

Then there is the religions:

May 26, 2019
Strange bug after I got to visit father Francis at the end of Emily's quest

View attachment 1245042
This bug has already been mentioned here.

Here is a list of things to try:
  1. Restarting the game by pressing F5
  2. Having the MC go to sleep and seeing if the problem persists to the next day/next night
  3. Mentioning if you are using any sort of cheats or save-editors during your playthrough
Not much else adivce to offer about this problem.

Denchik12312

Jun 23, 2019
what talents do NPCs give?
Tia - 1 strength
Mira - 2 Intelligence
Corven - 1 hunting
Bianca - 1 thievery

Someone else?
and where to get talent after 100 lvl

Last edited:
May 26, 2019
what talents do NPCs give?
Tia - 1 strength
Mira - 2 Intelligence
Corven - 1 hunting
Bianca - 1 thievery

Someone else?
and where to get talent after 100 lvl
There's also:
Katherin (Tia's mother) - 1 nature
Isha/Gwen (The Witch) & Sabrina (The Witch's Apprentice) - 1 witchcraft

After you've hit level 100, there is nowhere else to get talent points aside from the few freebies given by NPCs.

But you really don't need to be anywhere close to level 100 to get through this game.

Reactions: Denchik12312

Denchik12312

Jun 23, 2019
There's also:
Katherin (Tia's mother) - 1 nature
Isha/Gwen (The Witch) & Sabrina (The Witch's Apprentice) - 1 witchcraft

After you've hit level 100, there is nowhere else to get talent points aside from the few freebies given by NPCs.

But you really don't need to be anywhere close to level 100 to get through this game.
nature and witchcraft, what kind of talent is this?
max point of hunting and thievery don't give me extra skills , is everyone like this?
and who learn mc how to use sword or another weapon?
1623708601300.png

TheBeJoJo

Sep 8, 2017
well I do not understand why leveling so much anyway, nature and witchcraft are given to you when you advance on the route of Gween and Katherin

Pervy Sensei

Donor
May 1, 2019
when will the game end?
There is no end in sight. That's part of the appeal: it keeps on growing. How it grows partly depends on what patrons vote for in Patreon polls. There are main plot quests that appear though, and we just got one of those in the 0.3.9.0 update...which only patrons have access to, for the moment.

nature and witchcraft, what kind of talent is this?
max point of hunting and thievery don't give me extra skills , is everyone like this?
and who learn mc how to use sword or another weapon?
View attachment 1246380
As BeJoJo said, witchcraft and nature are learned from other characters. Witchcraft will eventually allow the use of spells, and Nature allows finding herbs randomly.

Hunting and Thievery don't yet give extra skills, this is true. I think Thievery will soon be getting a Backstab skill. Other talents don't provide skills at this time. Even Armor doesn't quite work right, I just reported a bug on this because chain mail isn't equippable even at Armor 3, for MC, but is for Lyvia.

MC cannot learn how to equip new types of weapons...yet. Swords go to Lyvia, and axes to Tia. MC gets knives/daggers and bows.

Hi any expert can advise what is the different version here 0.3.8.5C compare to on Patreon 0.3.9.5
Any update ending in a "5" is a work-in-progress, which means everyone here is usually playing a half-update that was bugged. This is why the public version is always an update that ends in a "0". 0.3.9.5 doesn't really add any new content beyond what 0.3.9.0 has, because 0.3.9.5 is a rework update that fixes code issues and implements new plugins. Tia's older images are being replaced with newer images to match her latest content update, but this isn't completed yet in 0.3.9.5., only partially.

Reactions: TheGrandMasterCory

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Hunting and Thievery don't yet give extra skills, this is true. I think Thievery will soon be getting a Backstab skill.
Thievery unlocks sneaking via special training with Bianca. which makes the party invisible for enemies for a while, duration scales with level. Backstab will be an extension to that skill (in order to progress Bianca's story you need at minimum 5 thievery)
Any update ending in a "5" is a work-in-progress, which means everyone here is usually playing a half-update that was bugged. This is why the public version is always an update that ends in a "0". 0.3.9.5 doesn't really add any new content beyond what 0.3.9.0 has, because 0.3.9.5 is a rework update that fixes code issues and implements new plugins. Tia's older images are being replaced with newer images to match her latest content update, but this isn't completed yet in 0.3.9.5., only partially.
Not quiet correct.
.5 is an intermediate Update which already holds the beginning of Quests and some scenes that will be completed in the .0 Updates. Even the .5 Updates are in general public as they show a constant progress, this time might be an exception as it's a bug fix Update which drastically change some game mechanics
Patrons will always receive 1-2 Updates prior to the Public though

May 26, 2019
Thievery unlocks sneaking via special training with Bianca. which makes the party invisible for enemies for a while, duration scales with level. Backstab will be an extension to that skill (in order to progress Bianca's story you need at minimum 5 thievery)
I know I'm going to get a lot of heat for expressing this very controversial opinion but it has to be said.

What you've just stated about needing a minimum of 5 thievery in order to progress Bianca's story is one of the main reasons why I have remained ambivalent toward this game's talent system.

Armour Proficiency is a talent that is used all the time in the game - decreasing the amount of damage that a player takes on during combat. Combat being one of the main/primary elements of this rpg.

Hunting is a talent that is used all the time in the game - allowing the player to better hunt down and skin the various wild life creatures found throughout the game. And by "various," I mean just rabbits, deer, and wolves.

Constitution is a talent that is used all the time in the game - decreasing the amount of rest a player spends on tasks such as farming, hunting, skinning animals, chopping trees, mining ores, and even fighting in combat.

Strength is a talent that is used all the time in the game - increasing the players chance of success for activities such as chopping trees, mining ores, intimidating others, breaking down doors, and hitting enemies harder.

Thievery, on the other hand, is a skill that is used very occasionally. It's good for picking locks and that's about it. Now I know people will state that it can now be used to sneak up on and/or past enemies. But here's the thing:

When you've hit level 10+ on each of the three combat skills (Armour Proficiency, Constitution, and Strength) and you also have a lot of the health items (healing potions, healing tinctures, bandages, and food) in your inventory, I've found there are very few enemies you actually need to sneak past.

In addition, most of the time, a player is able to quickly walk past and/or around certain enemies he does not wish to take on.

So then 2 questions must be asked -
  1. Why should a player invest the time it takes to gain 5 whole levels, just to upgrade a thievery talent that is barely used throughout the game?
  2. Why should a player have to choose between spending valuable talent points on a skill that's only really useful for progressing the story of a girl he likes vs spending those talent points on more useful/profitable skills?

Ultimately, I think this game's talent system is really unique and interesting. That being said, it is not without faults.
And making players spend lots of time grinding a talent they'll barely use outside of a single character's story arc is definitely one of those faults.

(P.S. I know that you technically, only have to grind for 4 talent points since the first thievery talent point is free! But this factoid isn't really important to my overall point.)

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
So then 2 questions must be asked -
  1. Why should a player invest the time it takes to gain 5 whole levels, just to upgrade a thievery talent that is barely used throughout the game?
  2. Why should a player have to choose between spending valuable talent points on a skill that's only really useful for progressing the story of a girl he likes vs spending those talent points on more useful/profitable skills?
1st you forgot the Nature skill... only applies very rarely and is pretty much wasted on the MC right now, even Chyos advices to only train Tia in that skill.
It's required to find herbs and Mushrooms in the wild aswell as learning new crafting recipes (again it suffices that Tia is proficient in this skill for the recipes to get unlocked).
2nd You forgot Witchcraft, you need this to be at minimum to be Level 2 in order to learn magic attack skills and advance Gwen's/Isha's and even Sabrina's Story.
3rd thievery is used on every occassion you open something locked. for example the church doors at night any Gold or Item chest.
From the learnable skills (opposing those available to any char from the beginning) so far it's the most commonly used skill actually.
Each Level of thievery unlocks another interaction with Bianca through training, which also means a new scene.

May 26, 2019
1st you forgot the Nature skill... only applies very rarely and is pretty much wasted on the MC right now, even Chyos advices to only train Tia in that skill.
It's required to find herbs and Mushrooms in the wild aswell as learning new crafting recipes (again it suffices that Tia is proficient in this skill for the recipes to get unlocked).
2nd You forgot Witchcraft, you need this to be at minimum to be Level 2 in order to learn magic attack skills and advance Gwen's/Isha's and even Sabrina's Story.
3rd thievery is used on every occassion you open something locked. for example the church doors at night any Gold or Item chest.
From the learnable skills (opposing those available to any char from the beginning) so far it's the most commonly used skill actually.
Each Level of thievery unlocks another interaction with Bianca through training, which also means a new scene.
I didn't forget the nature and witchcraft talents. I just didn't mention them because they are not really apart of the discussion. If we instead had to grind 4 - 5 levels in either nature or witchcraft to progress a story, I'd probably be just as upset as I am now.

My argument isn't that thievery is the least used talent in the game. That title probably goes to witchcraft.

My argument is that thievery is not a talent that is so often used that it warrants the player spending the time to grind 4 - 5 levels to upgrade it just so he can progress one singular character's story-arc.

Why can't Bianca's route only require 2 or 3 talent points for Thievery?

Instead of each level of thievery unlocking another interaction (new scene) with Bianca through training, why not have Bianca give the MC certain thievery-related tasks?

Upon the completion of each thievery task (these tasks could be puzzles like Sabrina's spell-books or simple theivery-related fetch quests), the MC proves to Bianca that he is able and ready to learn more advanced stuff - new Bianca scenes.

I mean, you mention how Chyos has stated that Tia should be used for the nature skill.
Why can't the player also just use Bianca for the thievery skill? Why have the player grind so many levels?

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
My humble advice on skills is:

be balanced and increase all of them 1 by 1.

Always be balanced.

4.60 star(s) 138 Votes