VN Ren'Py Completed A Summer's End — Hong Kong, 1986 [v1.3] [Oracle and Bone]

4.90 star(s) 37 Votes

Eonor

Sep 9, 2017
Made a compressed Android port of A Summer's End — Hong Kong 1986.

Got some basic gestures loaded in: swipe up for save menu, swipe down to hide UI, swipe left to rollback and swipe right to skip.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues with the port and I'll see what I can do to get them sorted.

Links:

Reactions: andara

Mofoga

Nov 23, 2018
Does someone have a full save? I still miss some sences and I really tried to get them but didnt find them

Palis61

Aug 28, 2023
i really enjoyed this little gem it was so relaxing to go through the colors and tones it uses really makes u just zone out this has got me wanting to find some more Lesbian love stories similar to this if anyone has any recs id appreciate it doesn't have to be anime styled im looking for things similar in story romance similarities doesn't have to be anime styled

asahibito

Modder
Jan 17, 2021
*** JUKEBOX MOD A Summer's End ***

While I don’t usually play pure lesbian games, the art style, 80s aesthetics and city pop sounds are very much my jam. I was somewhat surprised there wasn’t a music player function in the game given the strong role of music in establishing the identity and themes. I made a mod to add such a feature and in keeping with the theme will be called “Karaoke” instead.

Mod Post:
A Summer's End Jukebox

When I am able to get v1.2 of the game and its official OST, I will update the track information to match where applicable.

Last edited:

asahibito

Modder
Jan 17, 2021
*** JUKEBOX MOD A Summer's End ***

While I don’t usually play pure lesbian games, the art style, 80s aesthetics and city pop sounds are very much my jam. I was somewhat surprised there wasn’t a music player function in the game given the strong role of music in establishing the identity and themes. I made a mod to add such a feature and in keeping with the theme will be called “Karaoke” instead.

Mod Post:
A Summer's End Jukebox

When I am able to get v1.2 of the game and its official OST, I will update the track information to match where applicable.
Haha, I guess I should have gone through the thread more carefully as someone already compiled the OST tracklist. Thanks Casual Voyeur .

Mod updated. Matched the track info to the compiled list and their appearance in the credits. Also matched track art to the ones used in the credits. Had to cheat a little to get the end credits song into the music player. It is playing only the audio portion of the credits video.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1044747

Formerly 'decent'
Donor
Nov 27, 2018
Haha, I guess I should have gone through the thread more carefully as someone already compiled the OST tracklist. Thanks Casual Voyeur.
Happy to see a modder actively working on one of my favourite VNs - and glad you could use the data from the (unofficial) OST I made. :)

This was before Oracle & Bone released the official OST of A Summer's End, which - to my knowledge - doesn't contain the song from the end credits (probably due to license / royalty reasons) and the hidden track.
That's why I think the unofficial OST is still superior to the official one, but I might be biased. :p

However, keep in mind that the track names I used (at least the tracks composed by Oracle & Bone) are often a combination of the official track names and the track names I dug up in the song files - for example:
Behind the Yellow Line (Cityscape 2)

I contacted the creators and they told me that the track names found in the data files are mere placeholders - I still included them in the unofficial OST I made for the sake of completeness.
Yup, I'm a nerd. ;)

Reactions: asahibito and jufot

asahibito

Modder
Jan 17, 2021
Happy to see a modder actively working on one of my favourite VNs - and glad you could use the data from the (unofficial) OST I made. :)

This was before Oracle & Bone released the official OST of A Summer's End, which - to my knowledge - doesn't contain the song from the end credits (probably due to license / royalty reasons) and the hidden track.
That's why I think the unofficial OST is still superior to the official one, but I might be biased. :p

However, keep in mind that the track names I used (at least the tracks composed by Oracle & Bone) are often a combination of the official track names and the track names I dug up in the song files - for example:
Behind the Yellow Line (Cityscape 2)

I contacted the creators and they told me that the track names found in the data files are mere placeholders - I still included them in the unofficial OST I made for the sake of completeness.
Yup, I'm a nerd. ;)
Thanks again for the list. I decided to keep the file names in the track names for the same reason - completeness. Nerds Unite! :LOL:

Kal995

Donor
May 17, 2020
The 1.3.1 build of this app won't launch on macOS. You'll get a warning that the app is damaged and should be deleted. It's not damaged, but for some reason the devs decided to share a version that hasn't been signed properly. There are two ways to fix this. One just requires entering a few commands in the Terminal app, but it may require the free Xcode command line tools to work. Also, if you have an older Mac, you may run into issues with this. The second requires downloading the Ren'Py 8.1.3 SDK (which is free). Do all of this on the Mac you actually want to run the game on.

Command line fix (I can confirm this works on Sonoma and Ventura):

1. Fire up /Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app
2. Open the folder containing the HK1986.app application (the game).
3. Enter the following in the Terminal window: xattr -cr (note the space after -cr) and then drag and drop the HK1986.app application onto this terminal window. Doing that will paste in the full path to the application, which is typically faster than trying to type in the path yourself manually. Press Return. If everything goes well, all you will see after doing this is another terminal command line.
4. On the new terminal command line, type the following: sudo codesign --remove-signature Please note the space after --remove-signature . Once again, drag and drop the HK1986.app application into the terminal window so it pastes in the path to the app. Press Return. You will be prompted to enter an administrator account password. Please be aware, as on Unix/Linux, this password prompt won't show you that you are typing anything, just type the password and press Return when you are done. As before, if all goes well, you will just be back on a new command prompt without any errors or feedback.
5. Finally, on the new terminal command line, type the following: sudo codesign -fs - . Once again, there is a space at the very end of this command. Drag and drop the app one last time into the terminal window to paste in the path to the app and press Return. If successful, you will be dropped into a new terminal command line, but be aware this will take a bit to complete, as your Mac is now signing the app so it will run without errors ON THIS MAC ONLY. You'll need to follow these steps again if you move the app to a new Mac.

Ren'Py SDK fix:
1. Download and install Ren'Py 8.1.3 from here: (direct link that works as of the time I am writing this: ).
2. Launch the RenPy.app SDK application and this will bring you into the standard Ren'Py SDK window. Click +Create New Project.
3. Click Continue and name the project HK1986 and click Continue again.
4. It doesn't really matter what resolution you chose, as the resolution will be dictated by the game files. so keep the default and click Continue.
5. The color scheme also gets dictated by the game files, so just keep the default and click Continue.
6. It will take a few moments while the new project is created with placeholder files. When done, the new HK1986 project will be selected. On the right side, under Open Directory select "game" - Clicking game will open the project's game folder on your Mac.
7. In the game folder, there will be a bunch of existing project files ready to be edited, but in this case we're just going to use the game's existing game content, so select everything in the project's game folder and delete it.
8. Right click on the HK1986.app game and select Show Package Contents.
9. Navigate to the game folder, which is in Contents/Resources/autorun/
10. Once you have the game's own game folder open and you can see the .rpa files, and some folders, copy all of that into the Ren'Py project's game folder (the one you just deleted everything from in step 7). If you did this correctly you'll have at least one .rpa file (two with the patch.rpa file if you want to use it) and at least a tl folder.
11. Go back to the Ren'Py SDK app and select Build Distributions.
12. On this build screen, the only thing you need to deselect is the PC: Windows and Linux option and leave the Macintosh item selected under Build Packages. Then click Build.
13. This step may take a while, especially if you have an older Mac. Once done, Ren'Py's SDK app will automatically open the built project folder that will contain a ZIP file with the HK1986 app. Decompress this and replace your old HK1986.app application with this newly built one. Fire it up. If you get a warning, just right click on the app and select Open from the contextual menu. That should allow you to finish opening the app. From now on this app will launch and run without issue on this Mac (until you update to a new version or move the app to another Mac).

I'm sure someone will "Well, AKTUALLY..." this post, but who cares. These steps do work.

However, as I said, if you have an older Mac, you might run into issues. I no longer have an old Mac to test this on.

4.90 star(s) 37 Votes