• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Completed A Summer's End — Hong Kong, 1986 [v1.3] [Oracle and Bone]

4.90 star(s) 36 Votes
Jun 11, 2020
Oh ok. I think I'm confused this with another game on Steam that have similar art style. That game actually have no sexual content.
This game has pretty minimal and very tasteful sexual content, like if you're going in it for a fap, you'll be disappointed, but I think the art, music, characters, and story are pretty win overall. I really enjoyed it. It provided many feels.

Bossk

Jun 13, 2020
This game has pretty minimal and very tasteful sexual content, like if you're going in it for a fap, you'll be disappointed, but I think the art, music, characters, and story are pretty win overall. I really enjoyed it. It provided many feels.
Yeah this is not an "adult" game, this is a romance story with about the same level of sexual content as an R rated movie or NC-17 but it is very much worth the look. It remains the only game on this site that I finished and the went and purchased afterwards just so I had a copy of it on steam.

Dev definitely deserves the price of the game for the story.

Deleted member 1044747

Formerly 'decent'
Donor
Nov 27, 2018
Yeah this is not an "adult" game (...)
I have to disagree.

Just because there's little sexual content doesn't make A Summer's End less of an adult visual novel.
Even if there wasn't any explicit content at all, it would still be an adult VN because it deals with adult themes.
Sex is merely one adult theme out of many - unfortunately, it seems to be the only (valid) one for many users here.

Sorry for being a bit nitpicky.

Last edited:
Reactions: aura95

Bossk

Jun 13, 2020
I have to disagree.

Just because there's little sexual content doesn't make A Summer's End less of an adult visual novel.
Even if there wasn't any explicit content at all, it would still be an adult VN because it deals with adult themes.
Sex is merely one adult theme out of many - unfortunately, it seems to be the only (valid) one for many users here.

Sorry for being a bit nitpicky.
the quotes around adult were to indicate that I was referring to a specific kind of adult game, aka fap game. That is what this game is not.

Yes it deals with adult themes but to many people downloading on this site, this is not what they are looking for, they want fap material.

Deleted member 1044747

Formerly 'decent'
Donor
Nov 27, 2018
how do i apply the adult patch in the game?
The version posted in the OP is probably already pre-patched (I'm not entirely sure since I bought mine on itch.io).

You can easily check this by opening the ingame settings.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
If "passion patch" isn't displayed (and toggleable), download the adult patch in the OP and drag the "patch.rpa" file into the "game" folder of A Summer's End (on Mac the path is: Contents -> Resources -> Autorun -> Game). Overwrite if necessary.

Done.

Reactions: Nineonenine

Angelray

Nov 27, 2021
I'm trying this game again after the good plea of someone who love this but i can't shake this question away: what is "form 4" in high school?

Deleted member 1044747

Formerly 'decent'
Donor
Nov 27, 2018
(...) what is "form 4" in high school?
According to it refers to a certain type of education in Hong Kong (Senior Secondary Education).

I'm glad you gave A Summer's End another chance - both you and this beautiful VN deserve it. :)

Reactions: Back

fortuna95

Lezz kiss for peace!
Donor
Feb 7, 2018
Is there no other (new) game from this team? I miss the special athmosphere.

jimstorm

Donor
Mar 14, 2018
I haven't seen anyone else ask this yet... but can someone convert this into an apk for android devices... doesn't even need compression... I know my s10+ run renpy games better without compression
In case you never got to play this and still wanted to, you can just use JOIplayer to play any renpy game and most rpgm game on Android.

free_hk

May 20, 2020
I'm trying this game again after the good plea of someone who love this but i can't shake this question away: what is "form 4" in high school?
According to it refers to a certain type of education in Hong Kong (Senior Secondary Education).
Basically, the fourth year of secondary school, based on the English system since we were a British colony back then. Although I think the English themselves have changed to calling it Year 10.

Is there no other (new) game from this team? I miss the special athmosphere.
They announced this recently:

schinoize

Jun 8, 2021
Finally picked up this game yesterday after having it bookmarked for so long. Pretty sure all the great elements have been praised enough already, so I'll just say it was 3 AM when I could finally get away from playing for the night. I was just that hooked.

Anyway I noticed I have missing scenes in the gallery. I'd appreciate some pointers as to what I'm missing. Don't think I could play it again on a different path, but it would still be good to know.

Deleted member 1044747

Formerly 'decent'
Donor
Nov 27, 2018
Finally picked up this game yesterday after having it bookmarked for so long. Pretty sure all the great elements have been praised enough already, so I'll just say it was 3 AM when I could finally get away from playing for the night. I was just that hooked.

Anyway I noticed I have missing scenes in the gallery. I'd appreciate some pointers as to what I'm missing. Don't think I could play it again on a different path, but it would still be good to know.
Another connoisseur. I'm glad you liked it.
Regarding missing gallery scenes you could check my little (scene) guide linked in the OP.

Reactions: schinoize
4.90 star(s) 36 Votes