Sick&Alone

Aug 30, 2020
God damn, all these fades are annoying

Here's the script/rpy/rpyc files with 23,000 fades removed. Just merge it with the "/ATaleOfOneCity-2.2/game/" folder

It *probably* wont break anything, but no promises.
disabling "transitions" should help too.

Sick&Alone

Aug 30, 2020
ok, finished first month, still haven't triggered a fucking thing, can't get anywhere with cherry, or anyone, a real walkthrough is needed, can't even manage to trigger any chloe event, not even the first one, any tips?
It's complicated, (see other posts I've done) but use
1) HINT sys
2) Event sys (phone)
3) there are many, *MANY* [UGH!] DEPENDANCIES, ie, must do A before B. Working through them all can be very difficult & tedious. [hopefully they get bugs fixed!]

Sick&Alone

Aug 30, 2020

***BUGFIXES***

Looked through changelog, some new events, but NOTHING about bugfixes or changes to any of [OMG WAY TOO MANY!] Dependencies.
I've posted myself about many of these. Does anyone know if any of them got fixed?
[RENPY Errors are cumulative----more you have, more likely corrupt saves, get to a point nothing works anymore!]

ohhellyea

Jun 7, 2020
been like 2 months in game, still not able to trigger receptionist, looked at hints and all that, need receptionist to trigger event 7

Sick&Alone

Aug 30, 2020
been like 2 months in game, still not able to trigger receptionist, looked at hints and all that, need receptionist to trigger event 7
just did NEW START [2.2], Can meet Recept D4. [Event #1] Note that she won't really talk to you & you can't actually *DO* anything, but per DEV counts as an "Event." [see hints]

If you're using "auto-punch", go back out to main lobby.

*WHOSE* Event#7? (Everyone has their own "chain" of events)

Sick&Alone

Aug 30, 2020
the videos lag a lot for me. do i have a codec problem or is my computer just that crappy? :cry:
u don't need the latest/greatest, but I'd Recommend at *LEAST* Dual core 3.5 GHZ CPU, + 8 GB RAM; (*PLUS* Min 8 GB Swap space)

If you're running lots of other stuff, try shutting down everything else.
[Win 10 is a *HUGE* resource hog! If you have W 10, up that REQ to 16 GB RAM, + 16 GB Swap space!]

Reactions: Mymy

Draonir

Nov 24, 2017
I also struggle to get the receptionist event going. How do i trigger it.

Stuck on Kimmy Part 7

I am starting to think something is bugged here because she does appear on the world map but not at the location she is supposed to be.

Last edited:

Sick&Alone

Aug 30, 2020
Not fatal but have gotten this several times:

While running game code:
File "game/map.rpy", line 1771, in script
show screen main_main_map
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 588, in execute_show_screen
renpy.show_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
Exception: Screen main_main_map is not known.
=============================================================

Ok, *ALL* my complaints & issues w DEPENDENCIES from 2.1 R still valid in 2.2.

EXAMPLE: [WTF DEV?!?]
LATE EVENING FRIDAY: [just got done full day of work]
--->>> NO CLOCK AVAIL CANNOT CHECK OUT! [YA, *worse* Than IRL! (IRL CLOCKS don't disappear)]

I had hoped/thought this got fixed?

Have mentioned this b4 [2.1] --->>> CLOCK [IF REQ 2 PUNCH IN/OUT FOR WORK] SHOULD ALWAYS BE AVAIL 24/7

Sick&Alone

Aug 30, 2020

Stuck on Kimmy Part 7

I am starting to think something is bugged here because she does appear on the world map but not at the location she is supposed to be.
What event # is June (Recept) at?

mj118

Aug 18, 2017

Stuck on Kimmy Part 7

I had the same issue. Download the hotfix.

Sick&Alone

Aug 30, 2020
Anybody know when Aunt (Cherry) is in her BACKYARD? [not on her sched]

NVM.
-->> ATTENTION DEV:
Hint needs to say ***WEEKEND*** I tried staying home ENTIRE DAY during week, she's never in backyard.

Last edited:
Reactions: Demonarium and Mymy
2.10 star(s) 29 Votes