Sick&Alone

Aug 30, 2020
Fun fact (if u pay attention:)

They have videos from America (Traffic on R side) *AND* Europe (Traffic on L side!)
Must B a very interesting [& confusing! lol] city...

Reactions: Mymy

Sick&Alone

Aug 30, 2020
WTF Dev? [this isn't fixed either]

-> Go see Rachael [automatic]
-->>> FORCED GO HOME W/O PUNCH OUT
--->>> Now says [ATTENDANCE] you skipped a day! [that missed day was on you dev]

Tried very hard to not miss any this run, & NOW I've missed 2! [but not *REALLY*, just no credit]

ATTENDANCE SYS STILL SUCKS!

Good news: So far, no major crashes/bugs [including missing pics]
-->>> Also means *CHLOE* moved! (Rel now = 12 )

rewpoi

May 28, 2017
u don't need the latest/greatest, but I'd Recommend at *LEAST* Dual core 3.5 GHZ CPU, + 8 GB RAM; (*PLUS* Min 8 GB Swap space)

If you're running lots of other stuff, try shutting down everything else.
[Win 10 is a *HUGE* resource hog! If you have W 10, up that REQ to 16 GB RAM, + 16 GB Swap space!]
thanks, yeah my computer was just crap :p

Sick&Alone

Aug 30, 2020
thanks, yeah my computer was just crap :p
Mine's "outdated" but I mostly use Linux OL, & for Renpy games, so the hardware Req R much less.
[runs this game just fine]
1 more reason *NOT* a Win 10 fan!
If you're running Win 10, you'll need to spend ~ 2x as much just to run some of same programs! [ok exceptions, but often true]

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
One minor change I would love to see that would really cut down on timing issues for some of the quests would be to change it so that the sleep function automatically clocks you in and out of work if it's a week day and you haven't already been credited with attendance. That way the MANY quests that require you to wait a week before you can do anything could be advanced more reasonably by just sleeping every morning for a week and then continuing on with whatever quest you're working on.

Mymy

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2017
I'm waiting on a hero who builds an improvements mod that unfucks this game.
WTF Dev? [this isn't fixed either]

-> Go see Rachael [automatic]
-->>> FORCED GO HOME W/O PUNCH OUT
--->>> Now says [ATTENDANCE] you skipped a day! [that missed day was on you dev]

Tried very hard to not miss any this run, & NOW I've missed 2! [but not *REALLY*, just no credit]

ATTENDANCE SYS STILL SUCKS!

Good news: So far, no major crashes/bugs [including missing pics]
-->>> Also means *CHLOE* moved! (Rel now = 12 )
One minor change I would love to see that would really cut down on timing issues for some of the quests would be to change it so that the sleep function automatically clocks you in and out of work if it's a week day and you haven't already been credited with attendance. That way the MANY quests that require you to wait a week before you can do anything could be advanced more reasonably by just sleeping every morning for a week and then continuing on with whatever quest you're working on.

Hi, ya'll.

Thanks for your valuable opinion.

Uhm... we are trying to unfuck this game ourselves since it'd be the easiest and quickest....

For last 8, 9 months we haven't put as much contents (stories / rewards) as we've planned during last winter, nor have we done some works to significantly reduce the grind.

Instead, we've been putting a lot of time working on quality issues and overall game design because we thought it's necessary in making this game a better one.

And, we feel that we are in our harvest season for those 8 to 9 months (slowly starting from last December).

We'll be adding skip function that automatically clocks you on attendance in the next update.
We planned to put it around March or April but changed the schedule after reading all your comments and for that we have more time during February. (We'll try to put it in the public version as well)

We also plan to put [work until late afternoon] function in the office but it needs to wait since we have to make some different events to put in the function.

The next promotion for MC is planned for Feb. update (so March update in public version) and it'd surely reduce the required attendance for MC. We orginally thought it would balance the game grind-wise but it's taking so long to put all the layers of events and we feel like the skip function is going to be needed anyway after all.

Private office for MC won't come with the promotion event but it'll follow soon after I hope. We need a lot of work to be donebefore we add it. (events and rewards and so on)

The public version for February would have some new contents but for March and April, it's likely that we'd put only a few more stories since we are working on UI, renewing the old rewards (more variations and triggers and quality as well), more basic layer events in Cherry's house / office lounge / eat and watch TV in houses / etc.

The reason why we made you wait for a week or couple days in between the story events were primarily because we thought it'd give more realistic feels and let you enjoy more different basic events in different locations.

However, adding those events are taking too long that we still haven't managed to put even the basic layer of those events in all locations. And, we are also aware that adding the 2nd layer of events wouldn't solve the issue that we are currently putting much thoughts in it.

We'd like to know your opinion on this issue as much as any other part of the game.
(Such as more events will solve the issue or it won't or we want all the options and etc.)

It's first time for me and my friend to make a game that it took us much mistakes and time to learn things.

When we started this project, my friend knew just few things on coding and I had zero base on anything needed for making a game except my passion to make one.
So it's been quite rocky since we began this project.
For instance, even with the planned UI renewal for this month, it had me learn many new stuff before starting the preparation for last couple months.

But now, I think I can say that we are more seasoned and skilled that our process can be more efficient and faster (finally)
plus we can add things that you guys can immediately feel the difference.

I'm sorry that it took so long for you to wait on us but we'll start to unfold the stuffs we've been preparing for a while, beginning this February and March.

Anyways, thanks for all the comments and support. They were necessary fuels for us to keep going.
Our first goal this year is to add the stuff we've been preparing and fix some of the problems with the game so that more people can enjoy the game without stress. Then, we reach at least an amount of $3,000 with our monthly income that both os us can work full time on the game. I hope we can find more time to work on the battle system some time during the next summer.

God bless you all and take care!

Reactions: Mike10081

Sick&Alone

Aug 30, 2020
really wouldn't be fair then, those that SLEEP all day, get same credit as those who actually go to WORK & do everything Req.

I'm all far FF Time, but, should be *REALISTIC* [otherwise, why have *ANYTHING* video/script/etc work] ----if you don't work, no benefits, INCLUDING PAY.
Clock should be like *REALISTIC* time Clock----avail 24/7, but, *ONLY* @ WORK location. [can't punch time-clock at home]
So, [just like IRL!] you can **SKIP WORK** but, then no benefits of work (including no pay)

I've posted about time clock/punches b4, mainly b/c it wasn't REALISTIC. [clock wasn't avail or wasn't possible to "punch" in/out, even though working at work location.]

Dependencies R still *HUGE* problem [ mentioned b4] but,-----cars for example (has ANYBODY bought Multiple cars? Done the MOUNTAIN Quests? )
Some things PTP Req not just a week----but, several *MONTHS*, to complete. [easy to fit the smaller stuff in ("skip" a week ]

Sick&Alone

Aug 30, 2020
error while trying to set my skills for battles... it says out of memory :cry:
Could anybody help?
Never got that 1
would have 2 see your comp & stats, but (using Win 10?) make sure you have *PLENTY* of RAM [16GB+ with Win 10] + 12-16 GB of SWAP HD space.
[Linux requires a lot less but Win 10 is *HUGE* FAT hog!]

Also, to Min errors, make sure Ver 2.2 + Hotfix

jackjack18

Feb 10, 2018
Never got that 1
would have 2 see your comp & stats, but (using Win 10?) make sure you have *PLENTY* of RAM [16GB+ with Win 10] + 12-16 GB of SWAP HD space.
[Linux requires a lot less but Win 10 is *HUGE* FAT hog!]

Also, to Min errors, make sure Ver 2.2 + Hotfix
oh, I see, then it's my pc that's crappy? Got Win11 with 8GB ram... I will try the hotfix too, but if the problem is my pc, well then nothing I can do, I guess...
Thank you for your time by the way!

Sick&Alone

Aug 30, 2020
Hi, ya'll.

Thanks for your valuable opinion.

Uhm... we are trying to unfuck this game ourselves since it'd be the easiest and quickest....

The reason why we made you wait for a week or couple days in between the story events were primarily because we thought it'd give more realistic feels and let you enjoy more different basic events in different locations.

However, adding those events are taking too long that we still haven't managed to put even the basic layer of those events in all locations. And, we are also aware that adding the 2nd layer of events wouldn't solve the issue that we are currently putting much thoughts in it.

We'd like to know your opinion on this issue as much as any other part of the game.
(Such as more events will solve the issue or it won't or we want all the options and etc.)

It's first time for me and my friend to make a game that it took us much mistakes and time to learn things.

When we started this project, my friend knew just few things on coding and I had zero base on anything needed for making a game except my passion to make one.
So it's been quite rocky since we began this project.
For instance, even with the planned UI renewal for this month, it had me learn many new stuff before starting the preparation for last couple months.

But now, I think I can say that we are more seasoned and skilled that our process can be more efficient and faster (finally)
plus we can add things that you guys can immediately feel the difference.

I'm sorry that it took so long for you to wait on us but we'll start to unfold the stuffs we've been preparing for a while, beginning this February and March.

Anyways, thanks for all the comments and support. They were necessary fuels for us to keep going.
Our first goal this year is to add the stuff we've been preparing and fix some of the problems with the game so that more people can enjoy the game without stress. Then, we reach at least an amount of $3,000 with our monthly income that both os us can work full time on the game. I hope we can find more time to work on the battle system some time during the next summer.

God bless you all and take care!
Realistic feel is generally good---but, just like IRL, can get boring if nothing (or nothing new!) to do.
[So "skip time" helps]
So YES, more Char/Events R welcome. ***HOWEVER***, having said that, I would highly, HIGHLY Discourage you (oh PLEASE DON'T!) from having them have *DEPENDENCIES* [ie, 1 event requires another event 1st, (from another person)]
Basically, "new events" need to be "sidequests" not chained, or "linked" to anything [new characters?] such that MC can do them when possible.

Example of current Dependency problems: Work (Events/Char) that can't happen until char @ HOME [likely CHERRY] reaches event # [Work & home should be INDEPENDENT]

I must applaud your efforts [easy to criticize somebody, much HARDER do actually go out & do it yourself!] Design & programming are not easy.

--->>> MY ADVICE [& I do have some XP + Edu here] ***PLAN*** lots more 1st. I mean, DETAILS. Ever watch how good some are w making movies? Scripts, *STORYBOARDS*, etc. everything is thought out in detail, b4 they ever start filming. [ok some R better than other here lol!]
The more detailed [& accurate!] your planning, better, easier, & more efficient your whole process will be.
THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR GOOD DESIGN.

INTERESTING is good, but
*COMPLICATED* can be bad. (part of this goes to all the Dependency problems again)
***GOOD DESIGN*** [take "Mythic Manor"] should always make it easy 4 players [MC] to figure out what they need to do next. [Hints R good here, but OMG *WAY* too much "REQUIRES..... 1st"] EVERY HINT should have a NAME, & if needed, TIME/PLACE [location].

If you *DESIGN* is good enough, a WT (Walk-Through) won't even be needed.

Sick&Alone

Aug 30, 2020
oh, I see, then it's my pc that's crappy? Got Win11 with 8GB ram... I will try the hotfix too, but if the problem is my pc, well then nothing I can do, I guess...
Thank you for your time by the way!
Yes do 2.2 update + Hotfix, but long term: you need 16 GB of RAM----MIN. [24+ would B better!]
Win 11 eats of most of what u have, almost nothing left to run stuff on

Look at it this way: lots---LOTS cheaper than buying a whole new PC!
[just make sure you get right kind of RAM & install properly]

For good performance should be able to load 90% of a program [& this has several GBs of video!] in RAM.

Sick&Alone

Aug 30, 2020
2 Ideas:

1) [been talked about a lot] UNPAID/(vacation) time off. (request?) Could just skip work, but if trying to keep realistic, NO SHOW = get in trouble!
Could request off X # of days. [most don't *really* want to skip a week, they want to skip to the next WEEKEND (at most 5 days) ]
Not uncommon IRL. (Dr appt, errands, pick up kids, Funeral, etc)

*PAID* time off, must be *EARNED* however, typically 6 mo to a YEAR. [b4 you even get 1 week]

2) Offset: Higher Bonus for OVERTIME. [Extra hours beyond Req "Job Accomplishment" (current /50) ].
Also helps offset #1 [unpaid time off] If hourly, Normal Overtime = 1.5x normal salary. (that's PER time period)

/////////////////////////
Jen: [Hint] "talk to her before sunset. She's somewhere in the house" Really bad hint! Can talk to her many times, & doesn't work! Obviously, only activated @ a certain TIME or ROOM. [or both?]

I don't understand the "Monthly Leaves" [monthly work report] Paid time off? UNpaid time off?
current almost 2 mo, but -0- unpaid leaves
Need hints/guide [Rachael?] to explain this.

rewpoi

May 28, 2017
Mine's "outdated" but I mostly use Linux OL, & for Renpy games, so the hardware Req R much less.
[runs this game just fine]
1 more reason *NOT* a Win 10 fan!
If you're running Win 10, you'll need to spend ~ 2x as much just to run some of same programs! [ok exceptions, but often true]
i'm going to look into that, thanks

2.10 star(s) 29 Votes