• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Unreal Engine Abandoned A Tale Your Tale [v0.2.2] [J&E Productions]

2.70 star(s) 3 Votes

bufameti

May 12, 2018
Woah. That's a very big number for a 0.01 release
Could be a record here :unsure:

Ah well. Still gonna DL it. Lots of space on my PC :cool:
I don't know how to compress the game more, for example: "Last hope" has a similar unzipped weight, and when compressed it weighs 1.6 gb, but I don't know how to do that, if someone knows it would do us all a great favor I think hahaha.

bufameti

May 12, 2018
yeesh.... 6gb. Any way to get that lower without super compression? If it stays this large then dev may have to maintain it on his own server by the time it's done.
As I said in the last comment, I know that it can be compressed more, but I do not know how, I have been investigating but I do not find anything yet

bufameti

May 12, 2018
bufameti Just so you know the file size is too big for the Mega link
Technically people here can still use it, but it's a bit tricky
Had to settle for Nopy (which I don't mind using anyways)
I know bro, I'm going to try to compress to the maximum to reduce the size a lot.

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
5+ GB with THAT kind of textures/3D quality? Man, you need to really do something about that. It shouldn't even take up 500 mb.

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
Well... This is happens two out of three times I try to start the game:
View attachment 1032590
Once it's up, it's stable and smoothly with "epic" graphics settings.

Also: Is there a way to enable rollback in this engine? Or to continue text with space/enter instead of a mouse click?
Yeah, same thing was happening with me, not sure the reason why, but seems booting the game a couple of times fixes it. Weird, but hey, interesting way of fixing something. :unsure:

Reactions: Grimtown

bufameti

May 12, 2018
5+ GB with THAT kind of textures/3D quality? Man, you need to really do something about that. It shouldn't even take up 500 mb.
If you mean the characters, I don't know how I could improve the textures, maybe I can do something about the hair, but I'll try to improve the quality and reduce the size of the game.

bufameti

May 12, 2018
Yeah, same thing was happening with me, not sure the reason why, but seems booting the game a couple of times fixes it. Weird, but hey, interesting way of fixing something. :unsure:
I have been researching and that is due to how I compiled the game, but before uploading a fixed version, I want to see what I can do to reduce the size of the game.

Reactions: JenMistress

zerkftw

May 27, 2018
was running in that start are and i'm stuck in invisible walls -.- literally just started playing
made a gif of it :

bufameti

May 12, 2018
was running in that start are and i'm stuck in invisible walls -.- literally just started playing
made a gif of it :
I have already been told that there are problems in the cave, I have already solved them, but before uploading a new version I want to reduce the size of the game, I apologize for those problems.

iton

Feb 10, 2020
too big size for low content, use less big textures and better archivation

setting of previous build was better, even if they lived together
some homes are EXTRA VERY big and this looks like weird proportion relatively to npc and furniture size
would be simpler to make just 2-3 smaller houses in some island setting to move freely between
cave place is nice one

2.70 star(s) 3 Votes