• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py A Thousand Rounds [Ch. 1.0] [NME Artworks]

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022

Hey everyone,
It's that time again. This week was a bit of a shit-show for me. The type of week where you feel like you got gang-banged with no lube. I got some work done here and there, but nowhere near the amount I wish I could have. The important thing is that I've gotten into the next scene, but just barely. I'm not sure what this week will look like comparatively at work, but I know that I have some PTO coming up next week and I plan to focus all efforts on closing the gap on my projected output no matter what. Anyways, aside from that, there isn't much to report. I still have plenty of writing to create art for so I try and focus my time on that but the writing happens when I feel it otherwise it doesn't flow as well. So, it's still moving just a little more chaotically ordered than I'd like. I'll get it buttoned up though. Have a great week everyone.
To my followers, I'll catch you next week. To my patrons, you know where to find me.
Stay frosty,
NME

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019

Hey everyone,
It's that time again. This week was a bit of a shit-show for me. The type of week where you feel like you got gang-banged with no lube. I got some work done here and there, but nowhere near the amount I wish I could have. The important thing is that I've gotten into the next scene, but just barely. I'm not sure what this week will look like comparatively at work, but I know that I have some PTO coming up next week and I plan to focus all efforts on closing the gap on my projected output no matter what. Anyways, aside from that, there isn't much to report. I still have plenty of writing to create art for so I try and focus my time on that but the writing happens when I feel it otherwise it doesn't flow as well. So, it's still moving just a little more chaotically ordered than I'd like. I'll get it buttoned up though. Have a great week everyone.
To my followers, I'll catch you next week. To my patrons, you know where to find me.
Stay frosty,
NME
all I ask is that we don't get a time skip where MC is somehow cured of all his problems. like let us see the progress he made so we can sympathize with him a little

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022

Holy shit, where the fuck did the week go? Anyways, another slow week for development but I picked it up the last couple days and today has been wildly productive so far. I start my PTO so this whole week will be focused on posing for the the content I have written. I'm pretty confident I'll close the gap pretty quick this week. The scenes have been coming together pretty well so far. Lighting with the sun and outdoors during mid-day has been a new experience, and I'm curious to see what everyone thinks. I like to have a little more control over the lighting than this, but what can you do. I think I know a way I could do it next time, but hindsight and all that. It's never a joke when you hear devs say the learning never stops. Anyways, that's pretty much it this week. I'll be crushing the artwork all day and the rest of the week. Hope you guys have a great week. To my followers, I'll catch you next Sunday, and to my Patrons, you know where to find me.
Stay frosty,
NME

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and / or Happy Sunday. Going to knock this one out early since there is a lot of hustle and bustle that's going to be going on the next couple of days. Let's get down to business.

Despite all the chaos that ensued getting everything ready for the holidays here, I managed to get a lot done. I didn't have as much time as I thought, but Holiday fiascos aside, I did catch up a lot. The good news is that the content I had done is completely postworked, checked, and added to the game and so far is looking good. There is a scene I need to expand on, but I'll come back to it later in the cycle during the polishing phase. For now, it's onward and upward.

I'll drop it here. For all of you celebrating, I hope your holiday season is filled with laughter, love, and a lot of whiskey. To those who don't, I hope you have a great end to your weekend, and a killer week to follow.

To my followers, I'll catch you next week. To my Patrons, you know where to find me.

Stay frosty,
NME

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022

Hey everyone,
I hope you all had a really great Holiday for those who celebrated, and a really great month for those who didn't. I'm hitting this early since I'll be heading out tonight to get to my buddy's demolition ranch. I'll be spending tomorrow in the middle of nowhere with an unreasonable amount of explosives and sending thousands of rounds downrange. Then after we play with the real stuff, we'll be drinking the rest of the year away with some massive fireworks. I'm very excited to send off 2023 with a bang (literally).
On the note of closing the year out, if I may reminisce a moment, and maybe even gush a bit. I haven't had a lot of reason to celebrate a new year in a really long time. From being homeless and a violent, unfettered mess of a human being, to finding a career that I've been making big leaps in, moving half-way across the country, picking up 3D art, and having the pleasure of meeting and conversing with some of the most outstanding people. For the first time in my life, I understand what it means to feel blessed.

I remember when ATR was nothing but a couple of guys just shooting the shit about what would make for a good AVN. I honestly don't know if this would have ever happened if not for my friend, and brother, Cloonesk. Looking back, if you had a gun to my head, I couldn't even tell you what even prompted us to start talking in the first place, or how it steamrollered it's way from fans of AVN's to ATR (a title which he came up with by the way - which trust me - my title suggestions were comical). Along the way we picked up Incog, and brother if you're reading this, couldn't have done this without you either. I'm grateful to have you guys along for the journey. Tarakis, my sugar daddy; Phel, my resident asshole and asset hunter, and Geralt of Ashkelon, my brother from another mother. You gentlemen keep this shit alive for me and everyone. Happy fucking New Year and thank you for always having my back. Ocean... what can I say. The innumerable hours spent talking about art, your guidance, resources, and the many hours helping me troubleshoot crazy Daz and Zbrush shit. I wouldn't be anywhere near where I am today without you brother. Thank you. This year's to you gents.

To my Patrons, new and old. Your support and love for this game so far keeps me motivated and driven to push myself in this field to bring you the best AVN I can bring you. I'm excited for the future of A Thousand Rounds, and I hope you will enjoy the ride. I hope you had a great year, I wish you the Happiest New Year, and for 2024 to be your best yet.

Thank you all, for everything. Large or small, all of you make this happen.

Stay frosty - and I'll see you all next year,
NME

battali0n

Oct 30, 2021
You will be able to skip all lewd events. You can be the flaccid commando if you choose. I got you.
Will the lesbian content be optional, as in the player decides whether it happens or not or
will the scene just be skippable and the lesbian still happens?

A lot of us are sick of lesbian being forced on us all the time instead of it being treated as the fetish it is.
We don't mind if it's in your VN for those that have a lesbian fetish. We would just like to know if it is optional for the rest of us.

It's your VN. We just want to know if it is worth trying out or not. We would ask the same for other non-vanilla tags as well.

NME Artworks

Game Developer
Jul 31, 2023
Will the lesbian content be optional, as in the player decides whether it happens or not or
will the scene just be skippable and the lesbian still happens?

A lot of us are sick of lesbian being forced on us all the time instead of it being treated as the fetish it is.
We don't mind if it's in your VN for those that have a lesbian fetish. We would just like to know if it is optional for the rest of us.

It's your VN. We just want to know if it is worth trying out or not. We would ask the same for other non-vanilla tags as well.
There's going to be lesbian content in my game? :unsure: This is news to me.

As far as the skipping goes, I do believe this was addressed above, but for the sake of visibility. All lewd events can be skipped entirely. Before each one happens (if you're in the designated path for it to happen) there will be an opt out before it engages. This will be for all sexual content regardless of whatever tag it falls under.

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022

Alright let's hop right in it. Firstly, I hope you all had a badass holiday season and Happy New Year to everyone. After my holiday was over there was a shit ton of stuff at work to catch up on. The world doesn't stop spinning, right? So, it took me a little bit to get back into the groove of things, but my production as of a couple days ago is back on track. Been cranking them out pretty fast and I'm about to button up this scene I've been working on tonight or tomorrow. Altogether, there are about 4 scenes finished. There are about 7 more planned. A few are small and basically just needed to help fill in some time, expand the plot, and introduce a couple things both story and character wise. The others are pretty big. While I wasn't getting a lot done over the holidays in terms of rendering, I did get a lot of leg work done on the upcoming scenes in terms of character creation and environment work. Both in terms of asset hunting and gathering, and storyboarding the environments. I started building a big one for an upcoming scene that we'll see a few more times throughout the story as well. Writing for those scenes is pretty tight and will only really need a little work here or there as I develop the scene (which happens on every scene anyways). There are a couple scenes in that group that need to be actually written out, as I've only really played them out in my mind and taken some notes along the way. But, writing isn't really a hard part for me. It's translating the words into the art and actually liking what I produced. Anyways, that's all. Back to the grind and going full motard on everything. Have a great week everyone. To my followers, I'll catch you next week, and to my Patrons, you know where to find me.
Stay frosty,
NME

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022

Alright, let get it going.
Firstly, I hope you all had a great week, and the New Year has been good to you so far. This week has been productive despite losing a couple days to dental surgery and drugged sleep. I got a lot of writing done, and quite a bit of rendering done. I'm about to button up a small scene tonight in it's entirety which feels good. Then moving onto another big one. Besides that though, I did a lot of testing and experimenting and discovered some new things I plan to test on the next scene. I'm still learning something new every day in both this art and the program itself. The pursuit of being better never ends, and I love it. I'll have some treats for my Salty Lances+ to showcase some WIP things I've been trying out.

I plan to start taking a look at music soon. Last cycle I was trying to find music and work the scenes at the same time, and honestly I think it inhibited the workflow. So this time I'm planning to try and just focus on music in blocks. Once I have XYZ amount of scenes, I'll keep working on the new ones and find music for the previous ones at a pace that feels good without being stressful. Hopefully... this doesn't mean that I won't find shit and then cram it all in the end. Lol. We shall see.
I think that's it for now. I hope you all have a great week. To my followers, I'll catch you next Sunday, and to my Patrons; you know where to find me.
Stay frosty,
NME

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
NME Artworks
Interesting start so far, will be looking forward to seeing how this story evolves. If you get that "Buy Me A Coffee" thing set up I'll buy you more than one. Have a good one.

Reactions: NME Artworks

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022

Hey guys, late on this one. It was a pretty busy weekend. So, it'll be short one this week. Right now, the total render count sits at 540. That's already half of the first release in 1/4 of the time even with the holidays. I'd say that's a pretty big win for me. Since I work on this in my off time, it's easy to feel like time and work is slipping but, the count brings it in. While I do wish it was higher, there's only so much time available in the day, right? Anyways, we've been moving along quicker now that the environment and characters got staged. I'm about halfway through this big scene now. There are 2 more small scenes, two larger branched scenes, and the ending still to do once I button this one up. In terms of prologues go... I'd say this one is pretty fucking long. Lol.

Have a great week everyone. To my followers, I'll catch you Sunday, and to my Patrons, you know where to find me.
Stay frosty,
NME

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022

Hey everyone! Another week down, and another week in the bag. This week was pretty damn good. Despite getting slammed at work, I got a lot done on the game. A lot of writing was done, story- boarding, rendering, the whole nine. I'll have a preview for my patrons from the new scene that is still ongoing, but it's a dense scene with a lot of characters in a highly detailed map. The renders take a while to load, and render. But we're moving. I'll continue to chop away at this scene and writing the future scenes in between during breaks or extended render queues.
So, I've had some patrons in the tier that allows access to the MC's Lewd Adventures channel on my Discord, but regrettably it hasn't been being updated. So, I owe you an explanation. Now, I started that idea because my customs take a while and I didn't want to get bogged down by them. So I capped off a limit for that tier to ensure it doesn't take up too much extra time doing a bunch of customs every month. Now, originally I was going to do something simple and just have it be an image series with say, a side chick that isn't can't be pursued in the game. It just felt... so uninspired. So, I was brainstorming and thinking, what if I do little stories in . Then I said fuck that, due to the sheer time it takes for the rendering, postwork, coding, etc. It just wasn't a feasible option. Then, while enjoying some old comics from Gil, the artist over at Pale Carnations, I reached out and had a chat with him about some fundamentals on creating a good comic. So, there it is, and I felt inspired again. Instead of making it about ATR, the adventures will be standalone comics, some with ATR models, some with other OC's I've made that aren't in the game, and maybe even some game characters if it comes up. Across multiple genres, and without bounds. It'll be something that will help with my artwork long term, especially in postwork, and it gives me something exciting to work on to keep me from feeling burnout. I'll post the first image of the series I'm working on right now to my patrons shortly as a preview.
Aside from all of that, everything is moving at a good pace. The future scenes will be a little easier and faster. So, just need to finish up this scene and I'll be able to move a bit faster. That's all for now. I hope you all have a great week. To my followers, I'll catch you again next week, and to my Patrons, you know where to find me.
Stay frosty,
NME

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022

Hey everyone, going to be a quick one this week. I'm still working on that one scene. The damn things take almost 45+ just to load a single scene and even longer to render. I'm almost there though. Going to keep working on it as fast as I can. Lost a few days this week to work, but I've been trying to make up for it over the weekend. That's pretty much all there is to report on the game for this week.
As a precursor to the dev log next week, I will be driving to Cali for a week for work and to see my little man from the 14th to the 22nd. During this time I'll be able to write and storyboard, but rendering/posing will be a no go for that week. I think the screen detox will be beneficial though. Anyways, have a great week everyone. For all my followers, I'll catch you next week. To my Patrons, you know where to find me.
Stay frosty,
NME

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022

Morning / afternoon everyone. Got up about an hour ago, and figured I'd get this done early since today is the day. Super Bowl baby. Now, I sadly missed most of the season, and I don't really care much about the teams that made it this year, but Super Bowl has been a really big thing in my family for as long as there was TV to watch it. My dad is a hardcore football fan. He doesn't have a root team, he just loves the game. Played for the military when he was younger also. So, it's a big family day for us. I already got the smoker going with some Brisket and chickens. Going to BBQ and drink. It's going to be a good day. It's storming like crazy here, which is my favorite time to be outside to be honest. Something about turbulent and chaotic weather that just brings a calm to me I don't find in many places. I'm honestly surprised the power is still on. Lol. *knocks on wood*
Anyways, to the important bits. The big scene is finished. Thank fuck. I got all images up to now post-worked, and play tested what I had so far. It's looking pretty good. I'm really happy with most of it. The scenes have gone out to my Alpha team and they'll be reviewing it soon. I'll resume work on the game tomorrow. The next scene will be easy since it's already written and the environment is already finished. The scenes moving towards the back end of this chapter have far fewer moving parts, and will be a lot easier to work on. Looking forward to them too. We'll finally be (dependent on your choices) revisiting a character I've been waiting to bring back. As a reminder, I'll be out of my house from Wednesday 14th to the 22nd for work / visiting my son back in Cali. Writing and storyboarding will continue, but rendering will have to wait until I get back. That's all for this week, and I hope it'll be a great one for you all. To my followers, I'll catch you next week. To my Patrons, you know where to find me.
Stay frosty,
NME

Antera

Nov 19, 2017
I really don't like Baileys hairstyle for some reason. And MCs style gets worse too later on... Anything else is great

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022

Hey everyone. I don't have the dev log image on this PC. This is essentially just a gaming / Blender PC. No Daz content on it. Anyways, there was progress this week despite losing half of it to driving and legal errands, so I figured I'd at least post an update. I got a lot of writing done. I haven't had the focus to do any storyboarding while I've been here, but the writing has been easy given the location of the home I'm staying in. Beautiful scenery and a giant fucking reading widow right in front of me with nothing but nature to peer at. It's been a really good trip creatively for me, given that I was starting to really feel that burnout from being stuck inside an office all day and night for pretty much the better part of a year. I spent some time playing video games that I missed playing and really disconnected from development / work and just spent some time doing what I want, and hanging out with my (not so) little man.
The trip so far has been exactly what I was hoping it would be. So much so, that I even found myself excited to get back to work again. I've been revisiting Blender as well. Not rendering or anything, just reacquainting myself with the UI and controls. For those of you who've been following me, you know the goal was always to get my characters out of Daz and into ANY 3D software I could manage. I've tested everything from Blender to Maya. Even jumped into Unreal for a bit, but honestly Unreal is a bit of a fucking mess. I'm not a big fan of working in it. Maya was AMAZING, but between the material / structural differences between what Maya wants and what Daz uses, the amount of legwork to get things ported over would be too much. Also, the Maya / Autodesk community kind of sucks. Nobody wants to help anyone do shit, unless they're being paid for it. Unlike the Blender community, where content creators are usually extremely open to sharing their techniques and secrets just for the sake of helping. Not to mention the enormous price tag to use Maya for commercial projects is outrageous. But... I digress. I'm really going to start setting a chunk of time every day to spend in Blender. Once I get to a point where I can understand how to rebuild UV maps, I'll be able to get my characters over to it, since right now, that's the huge hangup for Genesis 9. The rest are material shit, and I can work with that. But I know fuck all about rebuilding UV's. But all of this is a problem for future NME. Today, I'm enjoying one of the last days I have of this mini vacation and will probably spend it playing games with my son and enjoying the rain giving life to forest in front of me.
I hope you all have a great week. To my followers, I'll catch you next Sunday. To my Patrons, you know where to find me.
Stay frosty,
NME

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes