Detective Cancer

Deep Cunt
Donor
Aug 28, 2018
What, no extra bugfixes at least?
OP says on the changelog there's two(2) whole bugs fixed.
Well, saves can serve as a sort of stopgap solution to allow you to replay non-repeatable scenes in games with no gallery.
That said, it makes the idea of asking for a save with everything done possibly even more ludricous.
Well, yes, saves before certain scenes can do that but like... that's more work and you get no context.
Presumably if you're playing a VN you want to read at least some of it, no?
It's not like Legend of Krystal that has fully animated scenes (except the .7.5 one which is just an ugly jpg with Live2D).
But even that game has a certain amount of content and freedom so most of it is repeatable if you talk to the appropriate NPC again.

Reactions: Sonico

exirock

Game Developer
May 4, 2018
This game development is getting sloppy if i recall there is still the car scene to do which i can make it in less hour and im not a pro, which his art styles aint hard cause lets be honest even a kid can draw that art style, good to know the team got bigger perhaps the coders doesnt fck up the codes and start see a almost bug free version and the release dates are getting a little of hand if i recall the 0.23 was in april (not sure) and the new will be around mid august so like always all will think that will have alot of content (like i hope always for the time we wait) but like usual must be a few reworks and a extra talk scene here and there and 1 H-scene and Boom! huge dissapointment again, close the game and delete it and wait to see the next update if its done better, Taffy Tales went from same thing people didnt like the time we were waiting for small content now its different we get a better size content we decent play time so here this dev learned and Geeseki still in the same sht has always.

Adabelitoo

Jun 24, 2018
For everyone complaining about how slow the game develops, you have every right to do it but just to clarify things, I'm pretty sure that the v0.23e was released like two weeks after v0.23c but the links in the OP were updated just now, it's not like the developer waited for month just to release this

nebsama

Aug 10, 2017
He has been posting frequent information updates on patreon with a few pictures afaik, so he's at least communicating. Plenty of slow creators don't do that

Detective Cancer

Deep Cunt
Donor
Aug 28, 2018
He's doing literally the bare minimum possible that could be expected from anyone.
This is not something to be commended, everyone posts at least once in a while.

HypnoFan1950

Jul 26, 2018
Just played through the game, and to be honest, I really didn't like it as much as I thought I would.
The original concept (The sex world... Which was the entire reason I'd been interested in the game in the first place) might as well have just not even been included, considering it's barely even there and is completely irrelevant to the actual plot.

On top of that, some of the forced drama ended up legitimately grossing me out a bit... Particularly with the mom, who ended up coming across as incredibly abusive, manipulative, and clingy.
I just kind of started disliking all of the characters in the game, unfortunately.

Detective Cancer

Deep Cunt
Donor
Aug 28, 2018
no it does not
I hate how this forum auto-converts emojis.

Also maybe it's bugged.. it's certainly supposed to come off.
Do you have anything leftover to do with "mom"?

Just played through the game, and to be honest, I really didn't like it as much as I thought I would.
The original concept (The sex world... Which was the entire reason I'd been interested in the game in the first place) might as well have just not even been included, considering it's barely even there and is completely irrelevant to the actual plot.

On top of that, some of the forced drama ended up legitimately grossing me out a bit... Particularly with the mom, who ended up coming across as incredibly abusive, manipulative, and clingy.
I just kind of started disliking all of the characters in the game, unfortunately.
Yeah, you didn't even go through the dark bit with the teacher which is totally unresolved at the end.
I mean it's still unresolved but the dev deleted that bit because people were pissed.

HypnoFan1950

Jul 26, 2018
Yeah, you didn't even go through the dark bit with the teacher which is totally unresolved at the end.
I mean it's still unresolved but the dev deleted that bit because people were pissed.
Nah, I did get to that point. I completely went through both the mom and sister routes, and stopped playing at the part where you meet with the teacher on a park bench (I was just kind of bored, and sick of the game by this point).

I still disliked the mom route more, honestly. With the teacher route, the teacher at least doesn't end up coming across as a complete scumbag, and she's also a victim. With the mom route, you're the only one who's a victim, and you've just found out that your mom is possibly even more of a scumbag than your dad (She's just much less blatant about it).

Detective Cancer

Deep Cunt
Donor
Aug 28, 2018
Nah, I did get to that point. I completely went through both the mom and sister routes, and stopped playing at the part where you meet with the teacher on a park bench (I was just kind of bored, and sick of the game by this point).

I still disliked the mom route more, honestly. With the teacher route, the teacher at least doesn't end up coming across as a complete scumbag, and she's also a victim. With the mom route, you're the only one who's a victim, and you've just found out that your mom is possibly even more of a scumbag than your dad (She's just much less blatant about it).
Yeah dad's an asshole but he's a typical overworked drunk asshole, not justifying or excusing him but you know what to expect from that type of asshole at least, Mom's like mind-games type underhanded bitch asshole.
I liked the sister stuff a lot cos I could relate to it though, and I like the teacher too cos I can also sort of relate to it, not the darker bits but the whole teacher romance thing is a big fantasy of mine. Effie's a twat, no redeeming qualities.
The Sexworld plot will probably come into play later on if the game ever makes any progress, it's meant to be a main plot thing but the dev is focusing on character stuff I guess. I'm always warily optimistic on these things.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

HypnoFan1950

Jul 26, 2018
Yeah dad's an asshole but he's a typical overworked drunk asshole, not justifying or excusing him but you know what to expect from that type of asshole at least, Mom's like mind-games type underhanded bitch asshole.
I liked the sister stuff a lot cos I could relate to it though, and I like the teacher too cos I can also sort of relate to it, not the darker bits but the whole teacher romance thing is a big fantasy of mine. Effie's a twat, no redeeming qualities.
The Sexworld plot will probably come into play later on if the game ever makes any progress, it's meant to be a main plot thing but the dev is focusing on character stuff I guess. I'm always warily optimistic on these things.
Right, the mom behaves/thinks more like I would expect a mom to act in a real-life sexual relationship between a mother and son... It's not attractive/sexy, it's creepy. She's abusing the power she has over her son, and blatantly manipulating and taking advantage of him (He literally has to spend time with her EVERY night, or she'll start cucking him and treating him like shit... This obviously isn't a healthy relationship).

I didn't really like the sister route either, since to me, she comes across as a whiny, immature baby... As well as fairly selfish and irresponsible (She basically ends up abandoning her brother, and as usual, he has to all the work to keep the relationship going... Like with every relationship in his life). She probably was the best out of the three routes still though, to be fair.

The sex world just doesn't really seem to be the focus of the game at all anymore though, tbh (It's almost like it was completely forgotten about). I don't doubt that it will be brought back at some point, but there's really just no reason for it to be there anymore.

Detective Cancer

Deep Cunt
Donor
Aug 28, 2018
Right, the mom behaves/thinks more like I would expect a mom to act in a real-life sexual relationship between a mother and son... It's not attractive/sexy, it's creepy. She's abusing the power she has over her son, and blatantly manipulating and taking advantage of him (He literally has to spend time with her EVERY night, or she'll start cucking him and treating him like shit... This obviously isn't a healthy relationship).

I didn't really like the sister route either, since to me, she comes across as a whiny, immature baby... As well as fairly selfish and irresponsible (She basically ends up abandoning her brother, and as usual, he has to all the work to keep the relationship going... Like with every relationship in his life). She probably was the best out of the three routes still though, to be fair.

The sex world just doesn't really seem to be the focus of the game at all anymore though, tbh (It's almost like it was completely forgotten about). I don't doubt that it will be brought back at some point, but there's really just no reason for it to be there anymore.
Yeah.. I wonder if that's intentional or the writer thinks putting the MC through all that is "heroic." I suppose this is the way an incel would think about it. I think I'm a lot less annoyed by the sister route because of personal experiences but I can definitely see that too though. It's not pretty and she's a grown-ass adult allegedly.

We'll see. Obviously no one's expecting this game to ever be completed and at this rate with these super major updates (/s) we'll have to play them in 300 years after our sentences in Hell are done and we can roam. Assuming there's WiFi.

Jack-ish

Jul 12, 2018
Well if the changelog is of the current version then it's all the info there is.

No u.
The changelog only has the current version. I've not played the past few updates, so I don't know what's new, which is why I asked.

Like I said, you could have just answered normally without being condescending, or you could have just not answered.

geenius3ab

Sep 2, 2017
STS is ATU on steroids. The only way to compare them is to say both are taking a long time to develop. Eight person team vs two person team.

STS wins in art, story, ambition, and literally everything else you can think of.
Well my point was that ATU was almost semi-dropped at some point and pretty much for a year nothing happened, you cannot say that a game that was pretty much leeching money for 1 year is comparable to STS which is basically one of the highest quality games here with consistent updates. Yes, STS has had a number of delays (Initially claimed that he's aiming for an update once every 1.5 months, but currently it's about 1 big update every 3 months, which is still fast compared to other games), but every time an update came out, you knew it would be a decent piece of content.
ATU just completely ruined my hype for it, by not doing anything for approx a year while constantly saying that they're working on an update.

3.10 star(s) 82 Votes