Qwasar

Apr 20, 2017
May be I'm stupid, but can't find the new scenes ? What changed in this version ?
from the changelog it looks more like a tech and expansion update. I see a voice that says "sprites added to scenes" and I believe that means some sort of minor art for abosolutely secondary scenes or full art for scenes that were coded but not yet rendered.

Still, the list looks kinda full of stuff, so while you don't get much content, they probably did work properly

Shirobine

Sep 17, 2017
Man I loved this game when I first played it, it felt great and the writing felt human if that makes any sense. But damn they need to separate the writer, programmer and art creator because they're holding back one or the other every time in each update. Then again if they're making enough money to support this current way of things then I suppose there's no reason to change.

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
NTR:
This is a heavily debated topic. Tl;dr: There is a lot of borderline stuff, so here are what I consider the most extreme examples:

– You walk in on your parents having sex. Your mom does not seem to be into it, but when you storm off she tries to humiliate you for not being "man enough" to keep her happy. If you want to, you can beat up the father and bed the mother afterwards.
– In the sex world, you walk in on Sexworld!Hitomi having sex with someone and the MC is upset about it.
– If you visit the glory hole, you can sometimes see the sister licking a dick or making out with a girl.
– There is some mild humiliation stuff / being passed over in decision making.
– There used to be one actual NTR scene, which was first deleted and I think is now dependent on your choices: If you piss of Edward by not accepting his proposal after you beat him up, he will blackmail the teacher into doing heavily implied sexual favors. If you encounter this scene in 30c or later, please tell me, since I only vaguely remember encountering it.
I like the art style and wanted to play the game but thanks to what you wrote I decided against it because if some say this is just borderline NTR I don't want that crap in the games I play so another game to ignore.

Reactions: Qmil679

Ikarius

Game Compressor
Nov 13, 2017
A Town Uncovered [v0.32] [GeeSeki] - Compressed

Original PC Size: 982.15 MB

Compressed PC Size: 264.0 MB
Compressed MAC Size: 263.8 MB

This compression is unofficial and may break the game.

ChrisHaze

Nov 12, 2018
Was the mess up with the Step mom and Jane threesome fixed? Where it says to meet Jane in the hallway, but she never shows up and you can't fast travel out of the house either, because the map is greyed out. Literally a game breaker, but I see no mention of it in the changelog.

RoughlySpecific

May 27, 2020
New stuff in the last two version:

v0.31
New shop menus in the mall, which are completely optional. (Give characters gifts to increase relationship points)
3 new short sex scenes (~2 min of content together).

v0.32
Continuation of new shops system.
Continuation of main story (est. 20-30min of content if you read everything, but very bare-bones).
* Investigation: most characters get new dialogue options. Some appear in new locations.
* Robotics Company arc begins: Several short scenes leading up and during the first day at the company. No lewd scenes, some lewd dialogue. Basically only sketches aside from character portraits.

Also some general changes/improvements over the last few version. (New sound effects, different transitions between scenes, some redrawn stuff I think.)

May be I'm stupid, but can't find the new scenes ? What changed in this version ?
See above.
it looks like they've added in a LOT that I've never seen before, but maybe I'll still give it time before I jump back in again.
If you have already waited so long, maybe wait for the next version. The MomXSis route is 90% done but left abandoned after the old programmer vanished. The Lashley route was similarly left alone for 4 months with some more tasks still assigned to the vanished programmer. Now that there is finally a new one, these might get done by the next update.
What is the cheat code?
Looks like it's: barelybear
Thanks. Added to FAQ.
But damn they need to separate the writer, programmer and art creator because they're holding back one or the other every time in each update.
There is a writer, which is probably the only reason there is at least new text every update. There used to be a programmer until ~4 months ago. Now there is a new one since mid-January. Hopefully, it will go faster now.
thanks to what you wrote I decided against it because if some say this is just borderline NTR I don't want that crap in the games I play so another game to ignore
Nice to know it helped you avoid disappointment. Note that those were the most extreme examples / phrased intentionally badly. It’s a world of swingers, though, not a giant harem.
Was the mess up with the Step mom and Jane threesome fixed? Where it says to meet Jane in the hallway, but she never shows up and you can't fast travel out of the house either, because the map is greyed out. Literally a game breaker, but I see no mention of it in the changelog.
They changed at least some of it. You’ll still need to use the skip function at some point, though, as far as I can tell. Also, you can unlock the map at any time through the phone menu. (The "unlock map" button)
whats the point it the vr headset?
It’s the scene gallery function. See the FAQ linked below for details.

Last edited:

ChrisHaze

Nov 12, 2018
They changed at least some of it. You’ll still need to use the skip function at some point, though, as far as I can tell. Also, you can unlock the map at any time through the phone menu. (The "unlock map" button)
skip to what point though? I tried skipping 2 or 3 scenes ahead and nothing changed. I don't want to have to skip so far ahead, I do appreciate story still.

RoughlySpecific

May 27, 2020
skip to what point though? I tried skipping 2 or 3 scenes ahead and nothing changed. I don't want to have to skip so far ahead, I do appreciate story still.
There is a step by step guide linked in my signature. As far as I can tell, you will not miss even a single scene. Note that the in-game hint does not change if you skip a chapter manually. Because of that, the internal hint system may have to be ignored at some points.

No guarantee that the guide will work 100% for v0.32b. Should tell you if you have skipped too far at least..

Last edited:

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
If you visit the glory hole, you can sometimes see the sister licking a dick or making out with a girl.
I like the art style and wanted to play the game but thanks to what you wrote I decided against it because if some say this is just borderline NTR I don't want that crap in the games I play so another game to ignore.
Nice to know it helped you avoid disappointment. Remember, though, that those were by far the most extreme examples / phrased intentionally badly. It’s a world of swingers, though, not a giant harem.
Wouldn't seeing your sister in sexual situations with others be beyond the border and firmly in ntr (ntr: Designed to cause jealousy by having the romantic interest involved with someone other than the MC.) territory? She's a love interest involved with someone other than MC. :unsure:

Reactions: HansDampf788

XxCthulhuCultistxX

Jun 1, 2018
Wouldn't seeing your sister in sexual situations with others be beyond the border and firmly in ntr (ntr: Designed to cause jealousy by having the romantic interest involved with someone other than the MC.) territory? She's a love interest involved with someone other than MC. :unsure:
As far as the sister is concerned, she is in the beach when it happens. Considering the status of the beach in the game (gateway between the sex world and the normal world) it might be the sex world version of the girl that you see. That's my Canon anyway (unless proven otherwise).

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
As far as the sister is concerned, she is in the beach when it happens. Considering the status of the beach in the game (gateway between the sex world and the normal world) it might be the sex world version of the girl that you see. That's my Canon anyway (unless proven otherwise).
Haha, so you see the world the way you want to, that's okay. Bit hard for binary problems though. Like you can't be a bit pregnant. ;)

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
here try this
Will try that later, thanks!
Okay, now is later, rayminator . Found the time to have a look at the game today. I tried your rpy file, unfortunately still no dev mode. I can get the console, but it seems GeeSeki did something to disable dev mode.
When I enter config.developer = True in the console I get an exeption "Screen _developer is not known". Doesn't really matter, still a bit annoying by the dev. (n) This is the 2nd Ren'Py game I've ever played with that nonsense.

HillDweller

Mar 31, 2020
Checked out the new stuff. I’m actually content with the update. Well, conditionally content. It is a decent amount of new content for an update, but the fact that it took 4 months is a bit bad. Or technically, there were a bit under 3 months of little to no progress and then one month of actually working on the update… In any case: It’s a decent chunk of content for a single update, if you ignore how long it took to get it out.

There is absolutely no new sex scenes (though there is some lewd language). However, the plot actually thickens, pieces are prepared for the endgame and the story progression makes much more sense than I’ve seen in most other games on this site.

If you don’t care about the story too much (or don’t want endless scenes with incomplete art), I still recommend waiting some time. While there is a lot of new text and the beginning of a new route (introducing Lashley’s sister), not much is actually happening. Also, the current version introduced some new and exciting bugs for me, so you might want to hold back anyway…

Speaking of:
They finally figured out how to actually trigger the "next chapter" event for the living room scene of the MomxSis route. Finally, you can actually go to bed and the chapter advances! Now I just need to figure out why Geeseki decided to introduce a (presumably new) chapter "2.5" which tells you to go into the hallways but no place in the house triggers anything… Also, the map is locked… Also also, this cannot be fixed by the timetravel.exe function because that one only advances routes in 1-chapter increments. Which means that if you try it, you are just stuck on chapter 3.5 instead of 2.5 with no way out. (Without cheats you also cannot manually set the chapter to undo your attempted fix.)

The MomxSis route was impossible for me anyway, because I’m stuck on the sister route. I decided to set the Sister route to being half-way done for this replay. Turns out the game starts you off with a relationship of 0 if you do that… and since there are no repeatable scenes to grind points with her, you cannot make up that deficit! Edit: Just remember the gift system. After some trial and error I figured out that you can gift her all three pairs of socks and the lollipop to increase your relationship. I can already see the new section of the FAQ I’ll eventually make for those insane enough to play without cheats…

Anyway, I wonder if they will ever figure out how to fix the MomxSis route. It’s been 4 months now and they managed to have the route fail in 4 distinctive way so far. (Random teleport was the first, I think. Then the softlock version, then being stuck without the softlock potential and now you are stuck with a slight delay…)
thanks for taking the time to parse the changes and test stuff.
I like this game in general, am anxiously awaiting real new content (which this update ain't) and appreciate not having to do all this digging myself.
Now to hurry up and wait some more months :coffee:

RoughlySpecific

May 27, 2020
I’d say it’s about the difference between NTR and swinging/polyamourous/open relationships. If everyone has sex with everyone, is it a world of NTR?

In the quote you are also ignoring the "designed to cause jealousy" part of the definition.

The sister isn’t sucking stranger’s dicks to cause jealously, she is doing it because she likes it. Likewise, the MC is not jealous of it. Same with the MomxSis scenes or the implied JanexEffi content. It’s the opposite, rather. I’m fairly sure Effi mentioning that Jane and John both taste the same is meant to be sexy.

It gets further into NTR territory with Hitomi’s scene, but even there, I’m not sure the scene is supposed to evoke jealousy. Hitomi is not a girlfriend. She’s just a random sexual encounter. At most she is a sexfriend. As far as I recall it is also less of a jealous "That’s my girl!" reaction and more of a extreme reaction to the unexpected situation. ("She deserves better!" is how the MC phrases if I recall correctly.)

I’d personally categorize the scene with the mother as NTR, because the following dialogue has some strong themes of humiliation. It’s a sex scene intentionally made to make the players feel bad and the MC feels betrayed. But even then, it is a bit ridiculous to call a wife having sex with her husband NTR. If anything, you, the MC, are cuckolding the father.

At least for me, the formula goes like this:
1) The Cuck has to feel entitled to the Stolen Lover. (Cannot just be a random person.)
2) The scenario has to feel like a betrayal of their relationship. (Cannot just find it hot and approve or be indifferent.)

It’s all about expectations. If you are the 20th person who fucks the town slut, it’s not NTR if there is a number 21. If you go to a prostitute, that’s also not NTR. If you go wife-swapping, that’s also not NTR. If you randomly fuck someone at the nude beach, it’s not NTR if that person then also fucks someone else. If you and your sister both have fun at the glory hole and then also (later) have sex with each other and each get another sex buddy, that’s not NTR. It’s just people having sex.

Of course that’s just my interpretation. It’s controversial enough that I decided to include examples in the FAQ instead of saying it definitely is or isn’t NTR.

3.10 star(s) 82 Votes