Gedeon5

Nov 26, 2019
Ok my game is completely broken, I was doing the tasks at the office and screwed up with the papers and had to hit back to restart, after that, the back button stayed disabled forever and any save I do returns me to the email task, so basically I can't save or anything anymore. F

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
Question after becoming lashleys lover it says to go to the alleyway at night, I do and nothing happens, what do now?
That's bugged out text. I actually had that displayed above the actual hint for the longest time and it never amounted to anything. Just ignore it and focus on whatever's underneath.
If there's nothing, then... I don't remember, honestly... But nothing ever happened for me in that damn alleyway.

JohnDaShark

May 1, 2020
That's bugged out text. I actually had that displayed above the actual hint for the longest time and it never amounted to anything. Just ignore it and focus on whatever's underneath.
If there's nothing, then... I don't remember, honestly... But nothing ever happened for me in that damn alleyway.
Yeah there's nothing below it, it purely just says to go to the alleyway.

RubMyEars

Jan 8, 2018
If one is able to unrpa archive.rpa, the bug in the email proofreading mini-game (which breaks saving) can be worked-around by inserting these lines at line 26 in officejobs_emailproofread.rpy:

Python:
    $ cntdwn_number_of_swears_to_fix = 0
    jump lbl_after_corrections_pass_or_fail
The Copy Machine mini-game is also broken.

Inserting these lines at line 36 in officejobs_copymachine.rpy works around the problem.

Code:
    $ toggle_copier_desk_files_collected_left = False
    $ toggle_copier_desk_files_collected_right = False
    $ ctr_copier_originals_placed = 0
    $ is_copier_scanner_opened = False
    $ is_original_in_scanner = False
    $ is_original_ready_to_scan = False
    $ ctr_originals_removed_from_scanner = 0
    $ ctr_copies_of_originals_printed = 0
    $ ctr_copies_of_originals_delivered = 0
    $ copymachine_leftstack = 3
Be aware that as it is, a separate bug will break all save files if if you play through the minigames anyway. Someone posted their fix for this, though I’m not sure if anyone has tested whether that fix works yet:
Just confirmed. Clean 0.40a installation, mass-skipped my way to the cutscenes (because testing on an older version's save does NOT work), did all the minigames, skipped past the dialogue right after them, and saved while still in the office (before the talk with [spoiler character]). Quit to main menu, loaded the save, and it DIDN'T put me on the minigames again. These fixes work perfectly. Do note that you'll want to use Notepad++ and ensure that you use four spaces, not a tab. Renpy will throw you an error telling you exactly what you did wrong if you do something wrong (that's so fucking handy, holy shit), but otherwise yes, applying both those fixes actually works.

klang

Aug 15, 2016
It seems like buying the antivirus breaks your backpack? Error says an extra < in the item description

Danguy

Jun 11, 2021
I am stuck at main quest, where mc has breakfast with his family and goes around town to gather info. I have talked with totem seller, trio chicks, wallmart seller, ice cream worker, hitomi, effie, teacher and life guardian. But phone only says "go to dining room to have dinner". I tried to go there at morning, afternoon and night but nothing happened

bazel

Jul 10, 2022
I am stuck at main quest, where mc has breakfast with his family and goes around town to gather info. I have talked with totem seller, trio chicks, wallmart seller, ice cream worker, hitomi, effie, teacher and life guardian. But phone only says "go to dining room to have dinner". I tried to go there at morning, afternoon and night but nothing happened
You need to talk to a lot of people around and some are time dependent like I think... brad? in the coffee shop.

Danguy

Jun 11, 2021
Great, I f$$king soft locked myself. I was doing main story with Jane story at same time and got to point where she runs away from house thus why effie is unavailable for time. And because of that I can't finish cofee erand since mc can't order it from brock

bazel

Jul 10, 2022
Great, I f$$king soft locked myself. I was doing main story with Jane story at same time and got to point where she runs away from house thus why effie is unavailable for time. And because of that I can't finish cofee erand since mc can't order it from brock
You can order coffee from brock, what time of the day are you going in? I forget which time of day it is but brock in general will work at a specific time, I could order coffee during those periods. Or is the issue that you just talk to brock about effie? If latter not really a softlock just need to waitt for side thing to end.

Danguy

Jun 11, 2021
You can order coffee from brock, what time of the day are you going in? I forget which time of day it is but brock in general will work at a specific time, I could order coffee during those periods. Or is the issue that you just talk to brock about effie? If latter not really a softlock just need to waitt for side thing to end.
It is a softlock. You can't continue with side story because you have to deliver cofee first, the game just won't let you move home. But you can't continue cofee erand because brock talks only about effie.

RoughlySpecific

May 27, 2020
It is a softlock. You can't continue with side story because you have to deliver cofee first, the game just won't let you move home. But you can't continue cofee erand because brock talks only about effie.
I’m not sure if scroll back is enabled by default. If it is, you may want to use the "back" button or your scroll wheel to turn back time as far as you can. (I always use unren before anything else, so I’m not sure if I have scroll-back because of unren or because it’s on by default.)

Otherwise, I can only suggest using an older save file, or barring that restarting the game and using the "I’ve played the game before" prompt and cheats and the timetravel.exe function in the MC’s room to go back to where you left off without having to play everything again.
Please help, I'm stuck on coffee run mission and idk why.i can't order the coffee
Same advice as above.
It seems like buying the antivirus breaks your backpack? Error says an extra < in the item description
That’s a new one… Were you able to proceed in some way or are you still stuck? If you have an earlier save file, you can use the computer in your room to skip over the broken story bits. I’d recommend trying again, first, though. Maybe in a different order.
Extremely solid game, excited to see it progress.
There are plenty of people excited for the game, but that’s the first time I’ve seen someone describe it as "solid", afaik.

3.10 star(s) 82 Votes