matsc

Aug 6, 2016
Ok yeah, I fixed it (requires one to unpack the game). I just swapped in another "button" for the missing one and added it in. Granted I now have Effies front door sitting in the middle of her bed (first button I grabbed...) but it doesnt kill the game.

Edit: Spoke too soon. Apparently the problem lies a bit deeper than anticipated. I can enter the room, but clicking anything closes the game. Hrm.

matsc

Aug 6, 2016
Ok, yeah. This whole scene is a wee bit buggered. Need to reroute several lines of code....

Qwasar

Apr 20, 2017
I loaded a save from version .10c and it worked, for some reason. I got past the first night, only to find a new bug that freezes the game if you try to hang in your corridor at night

edit: yeah I think this is due to the old save.

I wonder why people pay to become 15+ patreons when they don't ever get a working build

Pollolicious

Jun 26, 2017
So far i followed zakutsa about playing the .10c and setting up a save after the effie scene. It has worked so far, recommend this way of bypassing the error.

Nevermind apparently it causes errors later on which makes sense.

Qwasar

Apr 20, 2017
Success! I have managed to somehow turned Effie into a front door who wishes to gobble my knob. Science may have gone too far this time...
If this allows us to go ahead, I don't care if it's a newspaper or a cat. Please give us te patch

Master

Apr 21, 2017
Yea, the only way I got it to work was using an old save pass Effie house and just playing it from there.

CutestDevil

May 16, 2017
somebody please upload a working save,i have tried using mine,but after a while it keeps saying i need to go to school eventhough its already evening..

matsc

Aug 6, 2016
Steps to repair:
1:Unpack the game in your prefered method. Place unpacked files in the "Game" folder and rename or delete "archive.rpa"

2: Go to "\game\scenes\effiehouse\effieroom\night\main" and replace line 59 of "effieroom_night.rpy" with the following:
Code:
imagebutton auto "btn effieroom_night_door_%s" xpos 0 ypos 0 focus_mask True action Jump("lbl_effieroom_night_setup_1")
3: Go to "\game\scenes\effiehouse\effieroom\night\main\assets" and create a new folder named "button"

4: In this folder create a text file named "asset-index.rpy" Open this file and add the following text:
Code:
image btn effieroom_night_door_hover = "//scenes/effiehouse/outside/day/main/assets/button/btn_effiehouseoutside_day_door_hover.png"
image btn effieroom_night_door_idle = "//scenes/effiehouse/outside/day/main/assets/button/btn_effiehouseoutside_day_door_idle.png"
Save everything and open the game. Enter the room, click on the mysterious bed-door, and there ya go.

Last edited:

Zakutsa

Jun 11, 2017
Still even using the save file from 10c, there's a lot of bugs. Thankfully most can be ignored, but there are times it does freeze like what @Qwasar said.

matsc

Aug 6, 2016
Note you the buttons I chose were just the first I happened to open to copy and paste over. Hence mysterious bed door. I'm guessing the Effie-on-bed sprite is still in the files somewhere, but I was lazy.

Master

Apr 21, 2017
Yea I'm done. Even with an old saved, the game crashes after shopping an items for the mom's quest. This is a big F U to the people who paid for this and kindly provides us with a link. They truly deserved better.

Qwasar

Apr 20, 2017
EVERYONE PLEASE TRY TO FOLLOW THE METHOD EXPLAINED AT THE TOP OF THIS PAGE. STOP ASKING FOR SAVES THAT WILL LEAD TO MORE BUGS

3.20 star(s) 83 Votes