seethreepeeoh

May 16, 2022
If one is able to unrpa archive.rpa, the bug in the email proofreading mini-game (which breaks saving) can be worked-around by inserting these lines at line 26 in officejobs_emailproofread.rpy:

Python:
    $ cntdwn_number_of_swears_to_fix = 0
    jump lbl_after_corrections_pass_or_fail

Last edited:
Reactions: RoughlySpecific

seethreepeeoh

May 16, 2022
The Copy Machine mini-game is also broken.

Inserting these lines at line 36 in officejobs_copymachine.rpy works around the problem.

Code:
    $ toggle_copier_desk_files_collected_left = False
    $ toggle_copier_desk_files_collected_right = False
    $ ctr_copier_originals_placed = 0
    $ is_copier_scanner_opened = False
    $ is_original_in_scanner = False
    $ is_original_ready_to_scan = False
    $ ctr_originals_removed_from_scanner = 0
    $ ctr_copies_of_originals_printed = 0
    $ ctr_copies_of_originals_delivered = 0
    $ copymachine_leftstack = 3

Aug 24, 2017
The Copy Machine mini-game is also broken.

Inserting these lines at line 36 in officejobs_copymachine.rpy works around the problem.

Code:
    $ toggle_copier_desk_files_collected_left = False
    $ toggle_copier_desk_files_collected_right = False
    $ ctr_copier_originals_placed = 0
    $ is_copier_scanner_opened = False
    $ is_original_in_scanner = False
    $ is_original_ready_to_scan = False
    $ ctr_originals_removed_from_scanner = 0
    $ ctr_copies_of_originals_printed = 0
    $ ctr_copies_of_originals_delivered = 0
    $ copymachine_leftstack = 3
Do you have problem with other mini game as well?
For me all 3 are broken:
copy machine when I put paper in a white stack of printed paper will be already on the desk
the email just crash
the coffee run loop

dark1

Mar 5, 2017
So the AU/sexworld has anything bean added or is it still the same, I have not played the game since version 0.32

RoughlySpecific

May 27, 2020
If one is able to unrpa archive.rpa, the bug in the email proofreading mini-game (which breaks saving) can be worked-around by inserting these lines at line 26 in officejobs_emailproofread.rpy:
Thanks for the bug fixes! Haven’t tested them yet. Would the modified .rpy work if you just put them into the folder or do you need to have it unpacked? If it’s the first, the uploading the .rpy would work as a bugfix people can simply download, without having to unpack/modify things themselves.
So the AU/sexworld has anything bean added or is it still the same, I have not played the game since version 0.32
Pretty sure the sex world has stay exactly the same since at least 0.25. (And yes, it is ridiculous that the single most requested feature of the game has had no updates in 4 years or so.)

how to get in quest with Lashley mating press?
I think it’s supposed to happen if you enter the kitchen after having completed the Lashley route. Might require a specific time. Lashley should call MC on the phone.
Android ?
Follow the link in my signature. Latest Android build should be linked in the "assorted links" section.

RoughlySpecific

May 27, 2020
this game looks so cool, can't wait till its finished!
Yeah, about that… Based on the dev’s old plans and current progress rate… Check again in 2-3 years?
Now when can I go back..
Who knows? Maybe next update, maybe in a year, maybe never. The dev really seems to try to avoid it as much as possible.
any walkthrough?
Closest is the Guide/Miscellaneous Info post linked in my signature. It has notes
Not only is this version bugged to high hell it has also corrupted my saves
The office games? Apparently the issues were severe enough that the dev actually made a bugfix version for the first time in ages. Someone will probably upload it sooner or later.

In the meantime, someone posted their fix to the issue:
https://f95zone.to/threads/a-town-uncovered-v0-40a-geeseki.1433/page-427#post-8498634
https://f95zone.to/threads/a-town-uncovered-v0-40a-geeseki.1433/page-427#post-8501775

For unpacking it:
https://f95zone.to/threads/unren-v-0-11v3-unren-v-0-12v4-unren-v-0-13-v2-unren-windowed.92717/ (Windows)
https://f95zone.to/threads/unren-for-macos-and-linux-v0-8-2.16887/ (MacOS, Linux)

Reactions: HillDweller

RoughlySpecific

May 27, 2020
Nevermind about the dev fixing the bugs. I just read the discussion on that update on Steam. The update not only fails to actually fix any of the issues, it actually introduces more bugs. Typical Geeseki move…

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
This game is making 4k $ monthly in this buggy state. I don't know how ren'py works but as an unity dev, it shouldn't be that hard. You know make an array of images for every state and slide it to next one with texts easy peasy. Heck even assets store has free plugins for that
It(Renpy) must be easy to use otherwise it wouldn't be so popular...but this game hit rock bottom a long time ago...like around v0.30 or something...

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
Yeah, about that… Based on the dev’s old plans and current progress rate… Check again in 2-3 years?
Damn, why the optimism ? You got insider information or something ?
Even if, say, pigs started to fly, and he finished in 3 years, there'd still be about as long in bug fixes to do. :KEK:

This game is making 4k $ monthly in this buggy state. I don't know how ren'py works but as an unity dev, it shouldn't be that hard. You know make an array of images for every state and slide it to next one with texts easy peasy. Heck even assets store has free plugins for that
It's not a matter of it being easy or not, it's a matter of the dev giving a crap. And let's be honest, this one doesn't seem to give much...

RoughlySpecific

May 27, 2020
Damn, why the optimism ? You got insider information or something ?
There was an old post with the plans for the game. Based on that, the game was ~2/3 done, and it has been in development for six years. 3 more years is simply extrapolated from that. I think the main story was supposed to have 150-200 steps and we are at ~110 right now.
It's not a matter of it being easy or not, it's a matter of the dev giving a crap. And let's be honest, this one doesn't seem to give much...
Certainly seems that way. I’d say that last step was Geeseki no longer doing any actual bugfix builds. Used to be that there was version a, b, c and sometimes even d of some builds. Now it’s just one version, and maybe some bugs will be fixed 2-4 months later in the next version, if at all.

3.10 star(s) 82 Votes