Munchking

Oct 19, 2017
This game has some serious continuity issues. Needs some proper triggers and flags set up.
At times, yeah. I remember Original Dad coming back over from Lewd World and apologizing to the Mom and Sis for 'him' being a jackass the last little while. They're cautiously optimistic. Next time I see him it's back to Lewd World Shithead like the previous event never happened, because it's a disconnected plot point.

jed999

May 26, 2021
This game really needs a lot of work. I'm stuck trying to buy a non-existent Anatomy drawing book.

It could be a cute little game with some work.

Reactions: ajh263

rockaducka

Donor
Mar 20, 2017
don't know if i am dumb or not but where do i enter these lines of code for it to work?
in game console, should be shift+o if theres no console then download unren & put it in the game main folder where you can run the game not "game" folder then run unren and allow console.

Pepsiprguru

Oct 13, 2019
Update: This has been fixed since bringing it to the dev's attention.

Take this month's update as a warning to any folks considering donating to the Patreon:
The new landlady scene does NOT work. The image files: "momundertabletrio_#" are not found in the new version. They just cycle through 5 numbered files and a blank screen indicating that they are not found (much like that missing image file from the fort 3-way...that still hasn't been fixed).

Seriously, what is the point in paying/contributing to the "development" of something that is basically the same exact version as the previous one but with a new number on the file?

Lessons learned, stick to the forum. No Christmas gifts for devs - not when they are deliverying black screens of coal.

Last edited:

RoughlySpecific

May 27, 2020
The image files: "momundertabletrio_#" are not found in the new version.
Not even surprising at this point. Some basic items have been missing for years, despite the sections being "complete". The MomxSis route came out two years ago, and there are still missing images.

That said, be the change you want to be. Share the game so others don’t have to pay?

varkatzas666

Feb 26, 2018
I'm glad it hasn't been abandoned, but I think this latest update has too many problems, you have to skip some targets with timetraveler.exe because they're "stuck" and you can't continue normally

Reactions: amsousa

RoughlySpecific

May 27, 2020
New poll is apparently up.

Threegans and Zariah have the most votes atm. Given that "the most" means three each, that’s not saying much, though.

is there a way to delete data so that i can start from the beginning
Do you mean a way beyond just clicking the new game button?

Last edited:

RoughlySpecific

May 27, 2020
It is curious that the dev releases a roadmap shortly after making their to-do list and development-log, which was public for ~6 years, private.

tl;dr: Hitomi route complete in February; Main story without art complete in June, rest of the year to complete as much art as possible and do some extremely short side-stories.

Expect more temp-art assets than you even think possible throughout the year.

Visual Roadmap:

ATU Retrospective So Far (2022) and Roadmap
GeeSeki said:
Hey, it's another December and that means another anniversary for this game.

It's actually kind of a bitter-sweet anniversary because on one hand, I'd like to thank you all so very very much for believing in this project and making it possible. On the other hand, naïve GeeSeki of 2016 did not realize how grand and ambitious the scope of this game was going to be.

It's definitely okay to be grand and ambitious with your project but planning plays a gigantic part of it and planning, I did not. I was young, dumb, full of dreams, and not enough game dev experience if any at all.

Years later and I have so much knowledge and growth as a creative that it pains me that I can't really implement them into this game.

I've experimented and created various different Ren'py Projects to test and push my skills and a lot of them I'm very proud of.
Unfortunately, A Town Uncovered has grown far too big to backtrack and feature creeping is just asking for hell. All we can focus on now is stories.

For anyone wanting to get into creating a dating-sim, don't be stupid and introduce like 50 characters at once. That's stupid. Hyperbolic but you get the idea. Every character deserve their time in the sun, they deserve care put into them, it's hard when they're all staring at you waiting for their turn as they shrivel up after years of neglect.
Plan ahead for God's sake.

Did anything go right though? Well, I'd like to think that looking at the bigger picture of things, we did create a lively town with plenty of places to explore and things to discover. People come in every few releases and still have a great time which still blows my mind that people like something I created. And it's all thanks to you.

I'm sorry to everyone reading this if expectations haven't been met. We want to do better and find a way to make future releases meaningful. That's why I made this roadmap and set goals for the team to achieve. It's also what you can expect in 2023. No more guessing of what is added, this'll be THE PLAN.

We want to finish the Main Story ASAP and I understand a lot of you only really like the Dating-sim aspect of the game, some people actually love the Main Story over anything else but ultimately, the Main Story and the lack of conclusions makes the game feel extremely unfinished still.

I feel once a conclusion is in place, we can feel safe knowing that if we can no longer viably develop for A Town Uncovered, the fans of the game have an ending to look forward to. That's our goal.

As for the dating-sim side story aspect, we will aim for shorter story-lines. As much as we want Missus or Jane length stories, those take literally forever to complete and we want to push more character-driven stuff without skimping on the quality of them.
We want to thank you for supporting us, whether you are new or a veteran. You will always be welcomed in A Town Uncovered.

Last edited:

gimmesauce69

Nov 26, 2021
New poll is apparently up.

Threegans and Zariah have the most votes atm. Given that "the most" means three each, that’s not saying much, though.

Do you mean a way beyond just clicking the new game button?
yes. I pressed new game and im still able to fuck some characters

Reactions: amsousa

Dudewatevs

May 6, 2018
I can't progress the Hitomi side story. I go to her on Friday, and it says to take her to my bedroom, but when I go there nothing happens. The game also won't let me go anywhere else, saying "I'm with Hitomi. We should go to my room while we still have the house to ourselves." I've finished the main story, and done all the side routes to completion. Is the trigger broken, or is there something else I need to do that I might have missed?

3.10 star(s) 82 Votes