Mod Ren'Py A Town Unfiltered - A Town Uncovered Mod [Wolfregis]

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes

Should I re-create the game to allow me to make more changes with the story or keep it the same?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bloodly

Feb 27, 2019
So.

How exactly are we supposed to influence people to the new way of life? What's the plan, there?

Nakhranoth

Dec 8, 2017
So.

How exactly are we supposed to influence people to the new way of life? What's the plan, there?
Honestly I can't predict that either, part of the reason I said I would prefer the other mod to be continued is because with that one you just transform the world into freeuse from the start, no convoluted planning or initial plot devices needed. With the new one I feel there's much more risk of the train wrecking just because of too many things to develop piling up. Unless the MC gets teleported to sexworld as soon as the cult cutscene ends.

Edit: I also personally prefer just the freeuse/sexworld as it is, without the 'normal' world getting in its way in any shape or form, just discard the 'normal' and go full sexworld.

Last edited:

Babek_420

Mar 19, 2020
Im so confused, ive been reading comments and my version still has clothes on and stuff or have i just not progressed enough? I think i have 0.1

Nakhranoth

Dec 8, 2017
Im so confused, ive been reading comments and my version still has clothes on and stuff or have i just not progressed enough? I think i have 0.1
At some point the old version was replaced with this new one, I guess because the mod was restarted with another focus in mind. Go to post #257 if you want to find the original mod, I hope that mega link is still alive.

Reactions: Babek_420

Babek_420

Mar 19, 2020
At some point the old version was replaced with this new one, I guess because the mod was restarted with another focus in mind. Go to post #257 if you want to find the original mod, I hope that mega link is still alive.
Yeah it is, thanks

RoughlySpecific

May 27, 2020
Hey there. Hope you’ve had a good start into the new year!

Recently, I got to mess around with stable diffusion. Apparently, you can now simply download it as a free program and run it as you wish, which I did.

It reminded me that a year ago, you tried to get AI-generated art to work for the mod. Since there have been, as far as I can tell, absolutely massive improvements in usability and function, have you given the idea a second thought, ipreg? I think you mentioned that the sample size was too small for a training set, but operations like in- and outpainting seem to work decently well for copying a style if it does not change too much, from what I’ve seen.

Personally, my computer is just too weak to do much with the program. The client I tried out (InvokeAI) also does not yet have training featured enabled in the simple interface. The few images, variations, outpaintings I *did* make to test stuff were rather easy do, though, aside from having to wait ages for each operation.

Reactions: slexywexy

ipreg

Oct 6, 2020
First sorry about the long absence, my IRL life kinda went nuts and I didn't have much time for the mod. I have been able to convert it to Renpy 8/Python 3. Outside of that I mostly failed at customizing Ren'Py itself in various ways and failed at fixing/installing the many different python enviroments I've had to use.

I also tried various AI-related stuff outside of/before Stable Diffusion:
- + ? (couldn't get it to work well enough)
- + ? (I really wanted the )
- img -> -> Stable Diffusion
- Using for something?
- (Fuck this one so hard - impossible to get running)
- (Don't have a character sheet)
- (Just portraits)
- (I never actually got around to trying this one, just putting it here as a reminder)

At least this past year I actually did stuff beyond because has been a godsend now that things like models, their weights, and datasets are available. Fuck every single computer scientist who did something with the dataset, beause it felt like when I would find a potentially useful AI it couldn't be used due to being trained on that fucking dataset. and while it's good for a literal first attempt, the fact that it took me like 2 months to make means that I am not going to be our artist any time soon. The place where we want to take the story is going to need custom art, and quite a bit of it I feel, so until some kind of art workflow is created - whether by a volunteer or AI - it'll be very difficult to make progress.

It reminded me that a year ago, you tried to get AI-generated art to work for the mod. Since there have been, as far as I can tell, absolutely massive improvements in usability and function, have you given the idea a second thought, @ipreg?
I agree! I seem to have accidentally been a few years early in my AI art efforts as this past year has been absolutely crazy. I actually spent some time and money training a stable diffusion style in the style of the backgrounds: , , , . In fact, literally this week was released and that might actually be close to what we need for automatic art generation and animation. I am still installing it/getting it set up so I don't know how well it'll work. I also think at one point I complained about the lack of NSFW AI models; well that - so I am really hoping that somewhere in this unbelievable explosion in AI art there will be tools that can help us remix existing assets effectively enough to be of use in the game. Of course I am just one person so if there seems to be a useful tool, let us know about it.

P.S: It's actually really awesome that the authors of Stable Diffusion made it and didn't horde it like OpenAI and Google did. We were very close to not having this capability available to the public.

Last edited:

StarCreator

Oct 2, 2017
First sorry about the long absence, my IRL life kinda went nuts and I didn't have much time for the mod. I have been able to convert it to Renpy 8/Python 3. Outside of that I mostly failed at customizing Ren'Py itself in various ways and failed at fixing/installing the many different python enviroments I've had to use.

I also tried various AI-related stuff outside of/before Stable Diffusion:
- + ? (couldn't get it to work well enough)
- + ? (I really wanted the )
- img -> -> Stable Diffusion
- Using for something?
- (Fuck this one so hard - impossible to get running)
- (Don't have a character sheet)
- (Just portraits)
- (I never actually got around to trying this one, just putting it here as a reminder)

At least this past year I actually did stuff beyond because has been a godsend now that things like models, their weights, and datasets are available. Fuck every single computer scientist who did something with the dataset, beause it felt like when I would find a potentially useful AI it couldn't be used due to being trained on that fucking dataset. and while it's good for a literal first attempt, the fact that it took me like 2 months to make means that I am not going to be our artist any time soon. The place where we want to take the story is going to need custom art, and quite a bit of it I feel, so until some kind of art workflow is created - whether by a volunteer or AI - it'll be very difficult to make progress.

I agree! I seem to have accidentally been a few years early in my AI art efforts as this past year has been absolutely crazy. I actually spent some time and money training a stable diffusion style in the style of the backgrounds: , , , . In fact, literally this week was released and that might actually be close to what we need for automatic art generation and animation. I am still installing it/getting it set up so I don't know how well it'll work. I also think at one point I complained about the lack of NSFW AI models; well that - so I am really hoping that somewhere in this unbelievable explosion in AI art there will be tools that can help us remix existing assets effectively enough to be of use in the game. Of course I am just one person so if there seems to be a useful tool, let us know about it.

P.S: It's actually really awesome that the authors of Stable Diffusion made it and didn't horde it like OpenAI and Google did. We were very close to not having this capability available to the public.
Appreciate the updates and the enthusiasm for this project.

ipreg

Oct 6, 2020
Quickest update I'll do as I am going to be very busy this spring again :cry: But I kinda got sucked into trying to get stable diffusion to do what I want and find the results pretty funny. So here is the results of haphazardly blending the ChilloutMix SD Checkpoint, the prompt "Man in a Suit", a kurzgesagt style, an image of a man raising his right arm generated from the prompt "A man in a suit with his right arm raised" with the openpose preprocessor, and the POV character standing in a black void. I find it funny that the only thing which survived seem to be the general face, so it's like the POV character from an even stranger AU.

RoughlySpecific

May 27, 2020
Thanks for the update, and yeah "Open"AI’ projects seem to have become really closed really fast. It was a huge surprise to learn about stable diffusion being freely available in various implementations. Even more, that some are optimized enough to only need a few gigabytes of RAM to (barely) work.

It is a mixed blessing that it’s so slow for me. On the one hand, I’d love to mess around with it a lot more. On the other, this seems like it could get addicting really fast.
he POV character from an even stranger AU.
"strange" is still the thing these AIs seem to be best at, so that makes sense…

Reactions: slexywexy

rostabu

Mar 8, 2019
ran into a gamebreaking bug twice here is traceback, it was at effies house sunday afternoon, after running into her at mall went to her house and when I knocked.....

rostabu

Mar 8, 2019
I was thinking, you know how you adapted bedroom sex to mom in the morning kitchen? can you adapt the beach bj scene to morning kitchen too? that way MC has option for sex or bj before school from mom in kitchen...

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes