4.20 star(s) 39 Votes

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
Sometimes you get corruption points but they do nothing, is it because they were meant to be taken during a lower corruption rank?
The number of "corruption points" you need to reach each "corruption level" goes up with each level. This was done so I can add an abundance of corruption causing events (avoiding the problem of needing to hit exactly the right event to trigger more story stuff) without also having the player rocket up to the max CL and missing out on the perception of gradual corruption.

Reactions: Xill and brata

turkmusun

Jun 20, 2020
I am at 4/5 corruption points for level 5. But i dont know what to do for next corruption point. Can you help me?

AAMM

Oct 13, 2017
For me, this game feels different, which is good.
However, despite running on a good system, that has no issues with other games, this one has surprising and severe performance problems.
It gradually, but quickly, becomes unresponsive, mostly if and when there are animations on screen: it becomes unplayable. I literally have to ALT+F4 it.
Anyone else with similar issue?

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
For me, this game feels different, which is good.
However, despite running on a good system, that has no issues with other games, this one has surprising and severe performance problems.
It gradually, but quickly, becomes unresponsive, mostly if and when there are animations on screen: it becomes unplayable. I literally have to ALT+F4 it.
Anyone else with similar issue?
I haven't had anyone else report that, but that could just mean nobody's bothered to bring it up. Does this slowdown go away if you restart the game?

Reactions: SicDIRK666

AAMM

Oct 13, 2017
No. Once playing again, the issue returns. I suspect the constant animations, combined with "skipping" while playing, contribute to the problem. Meanwhile I uninstalled it and can't remember if it has a custom cursor - once that caused a unresponsive interface with another title.

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
No. Once playing again, the issue returns. I suspect the constant animations, combined with "skipping" while playing, contribute to the problem. Meanwhile I uninstalled it and can't remember if it has a custom cursor - once that caused a unresponsive interface with another title.
integrated pc graphics or laptop?

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
Loving it any idea when the next update is out?
Would you believe me if I said in a few hours?! I came down with covid this last week and ended up getting a bunch of writing done while I was half-unconcious. Rather than sit on those events for 2+ weeks as I work on v0.4 I'm putting out a mini update with 5 new written events and minor tweaks to some existing ones. There's no new drawn art though, so if that's what you're holding out for you'll have to wait a bit longer.

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
Would you believe me if I said in a few hours?! I came down with covid this last week and ended up getting a bunch of writing done while I was half-unconcious. Rather than sit on those events for 2+ weeks as I work on v0.4 I'm putting out a mini update with 5 new written events and minor tweaks to some existing ones. There's no new drawn art though, so if that's what you're holding out for you'll have to wait a bit longer.
i spend most of my infection in bed either sleeping or reading on my phone because i had no energy for literaly anything else.

Deniz31

Jul 25, 2017

Catching Covid had me out of action for a few days, but I was able to muster the strength get some writing done. That's resulted in a bunch of new written events that make use of the existing art assets. Rather than sit on them for 2+ weeks as I work on v0.4 I'm releasing them now (along with a few minor tweaks) as a mini update!
In total there are five new events, each of which can give corruption tags for different characters. This update should be completely save compatible!

Here's what's changed this update:
  • Added washing dishes event for Nerd if you interact with him after telling him to do the dishes.
  • Added washing dishes event for the Jock if you interact with him after making him do the dishes.
  • Added stub event for the Cheerleader if you interact with her after making her do the dishes.
  • Added a footrub event for Jock if you have a nap while he's in the room. Can grant corruption points.
  • Added a "cock_frame" frame for MCILF for use in any events that need one not tied to a specific male character.
  • Added an "aroused" expression for MCILF.
  • Added a new event when doing laundry.
  • Added a new event when coming back to the shower (if the Nerd is CL2+, 50+ Arousal).
  • MCILF arousal now only drops by 50 when masturbating with CL3 or higher.
  • Extended chore list app screen so it uses up the whole phone screen.
Oh and if you're a patron the reward code is unchanged.

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
i spend most of my infection in bed either sleeping or reading on my phone because i had no energy for literaly anything else.
There was a 24 hour period where I was in the same boat. I found writing too a lot less mental energy than drawing or coding, so when I got bored of being sick I started doing that.

fasteddie

Aug 19, 2016
AVeryFullHouse-0.3.1
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with both F95Zone and the developer of this game.
If you run into issues please use this thread or join us on !

We're crowdfunded, !​

timjing

Aug 17, 2021
Thank you for your hard work and wish you a speedy recovery.

bamachine

Nov 17, 2020
The game has some promise but need to fix it being a resource hog, too many unnecessary clicks and too grindy.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
I haven't had anyone else report that, but that could just mean nobody's bothered to bring it up. Does this slowdown go away if you restart the game?
My guess is you're using "show" and "hide" instead of "scene". I haven't looked at your code/script at all, so no idea how it's formatted at all or how you do it, so I could obviously be completely off here. But this is usually the issue when people call Ren'py a 'memory hog'.

So, instead of something like this:

Code:
show mom_1 with dissolve
m "blah blah"
show mom_2 with dissolve
hide mom_1
You'd be better off like this:

Code:
scene mom_1 with fade/dissolve
m "blah blah"
scene mom_2 with dissolve
etc...
You might use transparent (the technical term is escaping me, so apologies.) character models (meaning no background), but it's generally the same.

Code:
scene mom_bg1 with fade
show mom_1 with easeinleft/right/top/bottom
show mom_2 with (any of above)
hide mom_1

then for the next scene/environment just drop a scene and it'll basically give you a fresh plate:

scene mom_room with dissolve

Xhin

Aug 7, 2017
Question and sorry if it was already ask:
Will you be adding artwork to scenes that doesn't have any or much in later updates?

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
My guess is you're using "show" and "hide" instead of "scene". I haven't looked at your code/script at all, so no idea how it's formatted at all or how you do it, so I could obviously be completely off here. But this is usually the issue when people call Ren'py a 'memory hog'.
Hmm, that might be it. I was under the impression hide and scene were fundamentally doing the same thing (hide works on specific displayables, scene works on entire layers), but it's worth looking into. I'm going to whip up a test scene and see if I can provoke this slowdown issue on my machine so I can start properly bug hunting.

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
The game has some promise but need to fix it being a resource hog, too many unnecessary clicks and too grindy.
Which bits are you running into with too many clicks? The "get dressed before/after work" loops are the two parts that stand out to me to fix, but if there are other sections that are consistently frustrating I'll take a look at those too :)

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
I was under the impression hide and scene were fundamentally doing the same thing (hide works on specific displayables, scene works on entire layers), but it's worth looking into.
What I'm referring to is more toward general VNs, where there's just a lot of dialogue, some choices, and single renders/layers. So, if it's any more complicated than that, it's hard for me to say without looking at it.

But as far as I'm aware (and I'm no expert, so being wrong is definitely possible on my end.), hiding is exactly what its name says it is. It's hiding the layer/image/etc, but it's still there. So, then you drop another "show" for another image and hide it as well, that second one is basically set on top of the other. You repeat the process 15 or 30 more times (for example), and now Ren'py is carrying all of those images/renders/layers/etc. in the background, thus needing more resources to carry it (something Ren'py isn't exactly good at managing.) until it eventually crashes. It's not inherently wrong to use, and probably better for a lot of 2D artists, but it'd likely be worth it to drop a "scene" in there every once in a while. Provided that's the root of the issue, of course.

4.20 star(s) 39 Votes