Fan Art A Wife And Mother Fan Art

4.60 star(s) 11 Votes

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
I don't really understand the reason to stick with G3 when G8 figures will auto-fit almost all the G3 clothing with no issues. Some hair that is G3 only can be a problem, but there are work-arounds for this. Also pretty much every morph available for G3 are already available for G8. All G3 textures can be used as is with G8 except for eyelash morphs. There are more aniBlocks, if you use them, for G8. I suspect that we will see less and less G3 new stuff in the future.

Conversions are getting better and even if you use HD morphs for G3, all and more are available for G8 and perform identically. This alone can make the stupid DAZ placed limitation of only being able to import at base resolution almost an insignificant limitation.

Moving into G8.1 is more difficult as the UV map is different, and the face posing is built differently.

Maybe someone here would be willing to explain to me why someone should stay with G3? Please explain it like I am a five year old.
I still haven't seen a reason to switch to G8. I don't do animations yet. So... other than the fact that you can convert things to G8... why would I want to? I mainly do G3 for AWAM characters because that's what the original character assets are so I like to match them up.

I've fiddled around with G8 and G8.1... I am more used to the G3 controls, especially for facial expressions... G8.1 controls were the worst, at least for me. I could get used to the new controls, but my main question is always... WHY? Upgrading just for the sake of upgrading isn't a good reason for me.

WhiteWolf619

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2018
I still haven't seen a reason to switch to G8. I don't do animations yet. So... other than the fact that you can convert things to G8... why would I want to? I mainly do G3 for AWAM characters because that's what the original character assets are so I like to match them up.

I've fiddled around with G8 and G8.1... I am more used to the G3 controls, especially for facial expressions... G8.1 controls were the worst, at least for me. I could get used to the new controls, but my main question is always... WHY? Upgrading just for the sake of upgrading isn't a good reason for me.
Each to his own mate, some prefer to work with G3, some With G8, and others will mix it up. Stick to what you like doing. :) :) :)

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017

I am with you on this and as they say"if it aint broke" why change it

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
An interesting scene would be a pregnant Alyssa having a chat with Sophia.

Sophia "Who is the father? Seriously Alyssa you need to tell me."

Alyssa "I guess I can tell you. His name is... Antonio."

:giggle::LOL::ROFLMAO:
I have already done a scene with Sophia being pregnant and Alyssa kissing the bump as the cuddled on the bed.
I do need to do more Alyssa with Sophia scenes

Reactions: Night Hacker

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Good enough reason to stick with G3.

I will still prefer G8 because asymmetric facial expressions look more natural to me and they seem to be easier in G8 and G8.1 Also I never learned the expression controls in G3 so learning FAC-Based controls for G8.1 and knowing the same controls are there for G8 make it a no brainer.

Thanks everyone for the input.

Just as an FYI FAC-Based facial controls are also available as an add-on for Genesis 3.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Good enough reason to stick with G3.

I will still prefer G8 because asymmetric facial expressions look more natural to me and they seem to be easier in G8 and G8.1 Also I never learned the expression controls in G3 so learning FAC-Based controls for G8.1 and knowing the same controls are there for G8 make it a no brainer.

Thanks everyone for the input.

Just as an FYI FAC-Based facial controls are also available as an add-on for Genesis 3.
I do see potential in the G8/8.1 face controls. I'm just not used to them and prefer G3 for AWAM (to match). Been messing around with G8 models for other things though. I find the eyebrow controls for all models to be a little frustrating at times.

Last edited:

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
I do see potention in the G8/8.1 face controls. I'm just not used to them and prefer G3 for AWAM (to match). Been messing around with G8 models for other things though. I find the eyebrow controls for all models to be a little frustrating at times.
I have had terrible experiences with eyebrows

Reactions: Night Hacker

ulbius88

Jul 13, 2022
One is a G-3 original and the other converted model.
When you convert a character you will always lose something from the original model but below you can see the difference
hi old dog, you can post your asset of sophia g3? thx

4.60 star(s) 11 Votes