Fan Art A Wife And Mother Fan Art

4.60 star(s) 11 Votes

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
A bit beyond my scope I am afraid :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, same here. I think I done some walking animation one time with Poser 3 or 4 about 20 years ago. LOL... I may work on animation sometime, I don't remember it being too difficult.

Edit: This is two of the last animations I did... from 2002... Poser 3 or 4... (the precursor program to Daz3D, back then Daz3D just sold models for Poser)

blondewalk.gif

And I did a tiny one for a video game I was working on (and never did finish), a platformer...
Wanda_Walk.gif

Last edited:

Old Dog

Formerly 'Old Sea Dog'
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
Yeah, same here. I think I done some walking animation one time with Poser 3 or 4 about 20 years ago. LOL... I may work on animation sometime, I don't remember it being too difficult.

Edit: This is two of the last animations I did... from 2002... Poser 3 or 4...

View attachment 2051401

And I did a tiny one for a video game I was working on (and never did finish), a platformer...
View attachment 2051403
I may have to bug the heck out of a couple of people I know then

Reactions: Night Hacker

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
I may have to bug the heck out of a couple of people I know then
Yeah, I need to get off my butt and try something out with Daz. I don't remember it being difficult, at least with Poser. You pose your character, then set the next keyframe, adjust the pose and then the software interpolates the movement. So, lets say you want an arm go go from straight down to straight out front. The first frame you pose the character with the arm down. Then maybe 10... 20... however many frames later you set another keyframe (which tells the softwhere this is an pose you want the character to transition to), so you would set the arm straight out. The software would then work out the movement between each keyframes using interpolation (which just means it works out a smooth movement between the two).

Of course, you will probably see glitches in your animation when you start so you just need to add in more keyframes and adjust the pose to correct it. Never used DaZ for animation, but this has been pretty standard way of doing it for a few decades now.

Reactions: Old Dog

Old Dog

Formerly 'Old Sea Dog'
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
Yeah, I need to get off my butt and try something out with Daz. I don't remember it being difficult, at least with Poser. You pose your character, then set the next keyframe, adjust the pose and then the software interpolates the movement. So, lets say you want an arm go go from straight down to straight out front. The first frame you pose the character with the arm down. Then maybe 10... 20... however many frames later you set another keyframe (which tells the softwhere this is an pose you want the character to transition to), so you would set the arm straight out. The software would then work out the movement between each keyframes using interpolation (which just means it works out a smooth movement between the two).

Of course, you will probably see glitches in your animation when you start so you just need to add in more keyframes and adjust the pose to correct it. Never used DaZ for animation, but this has been pretty standard way of doing it for a few decades now.
I have a bottle of Glenlivet and Jura so I will try tomorrow night after some liquid courage :ROFLMAO:
Thanks for the heads yo

• Haha
Reactions: Night Hacker

redle

Apr 12, 2017

Word of warning from the few times I've fooled around with animation in Daz. The interpretation between keyframes was flaky at best. It calculates, stores, and uses information beyond the keyframes. I never dug deep enough to figure out exactly the why of it. The end result though is that the animation you spend ages perfecting doesn't necessarily match what you get after you save the file and later load said file. (Hopefully there have been improvements. I haven't touched animation in the most recent daz version. But be forewarned.)

To add on... if I were to guess it probably boils down to "limits" and/or nested morph/movement. Like if one does a "raise arm" morph which causes multiple joints to move and rotate as part of a single morph you get one look, but then instead move and rotate the shoulder and elbow manually to the numbers they were assigned by the combined morph and the finished look isn't quite the same. And daz may interpret off the master morph when actively creating, but then interprets off the components when loading (just a possible guess). Like if one saves a camera pose, I've done that and used it later to find that the camera is pointing at the same place but the camera is upside down or X and Y rotations were translated into a Z rotation (basically the look is similar but the numbers don't match what I originally set).

As an example I have a horizontal line along the X-axis. I rotate it 90 degrees along the ground so that it aligns with the Z-axis, then rotate it 90 degrees up so that is finally sits on the Y-axis. (Both rotations were added at the same timeline point) Now if you interpolate from the original position to the 2nd position you will see the line kind of sweep backwards and up in a curving arc.

But say daz then translates my rotations on save (as it only saves the keyframes) and says well, all that matters is that it is in this exact position. How it gets there doesn't matter. So when you load it now has the same start position and end position, and the interpretation causes it to loose that away-from-the-camera curve. Now it simply rotates in a flat plane.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 11 Votes