Fan Art A Wife And Mother Fan Art

4.60 star(s) 11 Votes

ihl86

Dec 8, 2019
Since I was in a rut with developing my own game, I decided I could do a few AWAM related fan stuff. See if that inspires me to start working on my own game again.

This is the first iteration, with Sophia as Genesis 3, as the original model is.
Will come back later with an 8.1 version probably, and maybe a 9 as well.

ihl86

Dec 8, 2019
I tried skipping from Genesis 3 directly to 9. Just the shape for now, without the texture.
Will try to move the textures next, see how it goes but I'll still try to port her to 8 and 8.1 since most of my daz content is for G8 figures.

ItsNotUs

May 14, 2023

ihl86

Dec 8, 2019
How to remove graininess in the render itself without using a dynoiser?
16/9, 2500/1400, 15k int.
Is it because of the light or maybe some special renderer settings are needed? Does anyone have any advice?
I would be grateful!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Usually when complex lighting is involved it needs a lot of iterations to get rid of all the graininess.
What I found as most recommended, if you don't want to use a denoiser is to render at a higher resolution and scale it back. That should make things look better, without having to do a crazy amount of iterations.

Kthulu_SFM

May 4, 2017
I tried skipping from Genesis 3 directly to 9. Just the shape for now, without the texture.
Will try to move the textures next, see how it goes but I'll still try to port her to 8 and 8.1 since most of my daz content is for G8 figures.
She looks a bit younger, but I loved it! Really a beauty! Great work! :giggle:

Reactions: ihl86

ihl86

Dec 8, 2019
Managed to transfer the textures to the Gen9 model. She almost looks like Sofia. Textures make such a big difference!
Can't fix the eyes at the moment. Not sure what is up with this Genesis 9 (first time back in Daz since it was released) but it won't listen to me :)).

I think I will pause with Gen 9 for now and try to see how 8 and 8.1 will look.
Afterwards, I have to decide (maybe you your guys help) with which version I should start doing the fan art, maybe a small game.

conair_oops

Sep 27, 2021
Managed to transfer the textures to the Gen9 model. She almost looks like Sofia. Textures make such a big difference!
Can't fix the eyes at the moment. Not sure what is up with this Genesis 9 (first time back in Daz since it was released) but it won't listen to me :)).

I think I will pause with Gen 9 for now and try to see how 8 and 8.1 will look.
Afterwards, I have to decide (maybe you your guys help) with which version I should start doing the fan art, maybe a small game.
I cannot open the image :unsure: but it sure looks more natural than the original version
Could you share your model with us if don't mind?

Reactions: Ali mughal

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
How to remove graininess in the render itself without using a dynoiser?
16/9, 2500/1400, 15k int.
Is it because of the light or maybe some special renderer settings are needed? Does anyone have any advice?
I would be grateful!
Yikes, over 3 hours?! My renders are under 5 mins using the denoiser. After comparing them to long renders without denoising, it's just not worth waiting 1 hour (let alone 3) for such a small difference. You can let it render for a certain amount of iterations, it's what I do. Set the denoiser to ONLY denoise on the last iteration. Lately I have been doing 400 or 800 iterations (depending on the scene). So I set the filtering, denoiser to 400, then set the total amount of iterations to the same value and I turn off quality and just let it go for those amount of iterations. It's faster and the final iteration will denoise out the grain.

I recommend experimenting with how many iterations you're happy with. Do a full, normal render. Then do several denoised renders at varying iteration levels and check out the difference, and how many iterations it will take to make you happy. It will still be much faster and you won't see as much of a difference as you think.

Reactions: ItsNotUs

ItsNotUs

May 14, 2023
Yikes, over 3 hours?! My renders are under 5 mins using the denoiser. After comparing them to long renders without denoising, it's just not worth waiting 1 hour (let alone 3) for such a small difference. You can let it render for a certain amount of iterations, it's what I do. Set the denoiser to ONLY denoise on the last iteration. Lately I have been doing 400 or 800 iterations (depending on the scene). So I set the filtering, denoiser to 400, then set the total amount of iterations to the same value and I turn off quality and just let it go for those amount of iterations. It's faster and the final iteration will denoise out the grain.

I recommend experimenting with how many iterations you're happy with. Do a full, normal render. Then do several denoised renders at varying iteration levels and check out the difference, and how many iterations it will take to make you happy. It will still be much faster and you won't see as much of a difference as you think.
800 is not enough, here is a 10k scene, despite the fact that the model is in the shade, it is still not grainy.

ihl86

Dec 8, 2019
I cannot open the image :unsure: but it sure looks more natural than the original version
Could you share your model with us if don't mind?
Weird you can't open the image, I wonder if anyone else has the same problem.

If I can get it to a final good version, I can upload it somewhere and place the link here.

But I think the G8 or 8.1 version have a chance of turning out better.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
800 is not enough, here is a 10k scene, despite the fact that the model is in the shade, it is still not grainy.
So try a higher value. Read my post again, I said to EXPERIMENT with what values YOU Prefer. 400 and 800 are just EXAMPLES of what I USE. Try something higher. Do a bunch of test renders at various iterations, like 1000, 2000 or whatever you think will work for you. Or don't bother and wait three hours if that's what you enjoy. TO each his own.

This is a 1080P render I did denoised at 800 iterations/samples. It took me just over 5 1/2 mins with my RTX3060. It looks just fine. In the past I done this exact same scene at only 200 iterations and it still looked okay.

1692670716390.jpeg

ItsNotUs

May 14, 2023
So try a higher value. Read my post again, I said to EXPERIMENT with what values YOU Prefer. 400 and 800 are just EXAMPLES of what I USE. Try something higher. Do a bunch of test renders at various iterations, like 1000, 2000 or whatever you think will work for you. Or don't bother and wait three hours if that's what you enjoy. TO each his own.

This is a 1080P render I did denoised at 800 iterations/samples. It took me just over 5 1/2 mins with my RTX3060. It looks just fine. In the past I done this exact same scene at only 200 iterations and it still looked okay.

View attachment 2868968
I read carefully, for the scene that rendered 800 is very poor. I render genesis 8.1 in a difficult environment there is most likely a problem in the environment and light.

ItsNotUs

May 14, 2023

View attachment 2868968
Do also gen8 and 8.1 rendering fast?
14 min 600

4.60 star(s) 11 Votes