Fan Art A Wife And Mother Fan Art

4.60 star(s) 11 Votes

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Do also gen8 and 8.1 rendering fast?
14 min 600
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yeah, most of my renders are with Genesis 8 characters. It just so happens this is a Genesis 3, but I set the mesh resolution to 3 or 4 for rendering, so it's still pretty good. I do all my renders at 1920x1080 though, so if you use a higher resolution than you will probably want more iterations. But yeah, they all render within 5 mins or less on average.

Just for fun, I done that same shower scene with no desnoising, 100% setting at a quality of 2 just for extra stress and this was the result... the water drops are sharper and there's a slight lighting difference on the floor... it took me over 2 hours to render at 1080P... it is SLIGHTLY better (I see no difference on Sophia herself though)... to me that is just not worth waiting 2 hours. I will go up to 10 mins at a higher set of iterations if I have a higher resolution. Keep raising the iterations, maybe try 1000. It will take longer, but it won't take 3 hours. Probably 10 mins at most, depending on your video card.

I done A LOT of experiments. Basically rendered at 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600 iterations etc... or whatever set of values you want to test then compare images and when you no longer see a difference worth waiting for, use that value. Everyone's different, I used to use 200 all the time, then doubled it to 400 and lately I have been doing 800, but still drop to 400 for simple scenes sometimes as I don't see much of a difference (not enough to wait long periods for anyhow) but we're all different.

I don't feel this render is significantly improved to warrant over two hours.
AWAM Bathroom - Sophia in Shower FULL.jpg

ihl86

Dec 8, 2019
Yeah, most of my renders are with Genesis 8 characters. It just so happens this is a Genesis 3, but I set the mesh resolution to 3 or 4 for rendering, so it's still pretty good. I do all my renders at 1920x1080 though, so if you use a higher resolution than you will probably want more iterations. But yeah, they all render within 5 mins or less on average.

Just for fun, I done that same shower scene with no desnoising, 100% setting at a quality of 2 just for extra stress and this was the result... the water drops are sharper and there's a slight lighting difference on the floor... it took me over 2 hours to render at 1080P... it is SLIGHTLY better (I see no difference on Sophia herself though)... to me that is just not worth waiting 2 hours. I will go up to 10 mins at a higher set of iterations if I have a higher resolution. Keep raising the iterations, maybe try 1000. It will take longer, but it won't take 3 hours. Probably 10 mins at most, depending on your video card.

I done A LOT of experiments. Basically rendered at 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600 iterations etc... or whatever set of values you want to test then compare images and when you no longer see a difference worth waiting for, use that value. Everyone's different, I used to use 200 all the time, then doubled it to 400 and lately I have been doing 800, but still drop to 400 for simple scenes sometimes as I don't see much of a difference (not enough to wait long periods for anyhow) but we're all different.

I don't feel this render is significantly improved to warrant over two hours.
View attachment 2870602
There are slight differences on Sofia as well. With the lighting, there's a little more light on her in the second render, as expected. You can also see little grains appearing, from missing the denoiser basically.
I do agree that it would definitely not be worth 2 hours for just those differences. The floor does look a lot better in the second image, but who really cares about the floor?
I am curious what % of quality you have on the each of the renders. When I render I usually select the percentage, not the number of renders (I put a hard cap on 5-10k depending what I'm rendering).

I want to mention that most of the render time comes from 2 things. A lot of geometry and complex lighting.
If you have a simple scene, lit from a hdri mostly, with 1 or 2 models at level 2 or 3 details, it should not take more than 5-10 minutes, even for 95-96%.
If you have a scene in a dark room, lit from different sources of light, bounced around reflective surfaces , you can even have it without people and it will take a long time. Maybe a few hours and it still wouldn't look completely right.

ihl86

Dec 8, 2019
Managed to do both Genesis 8 and 8.1.
I don't really see a difference at the moment (the eyelashes were differently chosen, so they can be the same), which is good. It means I can take advantage of the 8.1 features.

What do you guys think? Should I go forward with the 8.1 ?

Sophia Gen8.png
Sophia Gen 8.1.png

Thought I shouldn't create a new post just for this. I added a little warmth to the photo in Gimp. Does this make it look better?
Sophia Gen 8.1 warm.png

Last edited:

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
Could easily be Ellie nude sunbathing in the backyard. Been one of the things I've been looking forward to in the game for years.
Or it is Liam trimming the lawn and Sam is calculating the time he will have with Sophia. Or it is Ferengi trying to figure out how to use the swing. Or it is Mr Murray wandering around with a package (or holding his package). Or it is Natalia cleaning Mr Murray. Or it is Liam trying to trim Natalia. Or it is Ellie and her posse practicing their cheer routine. Or .............:LOL:

Ranxerox

Nov 11, 2021
"xhamster link" Which version is this or which game? l dont remember this scene.
It is obviously a collection of fan-made renders and/or short stories put into a video format.
BTW... The voice/narration/audio track is absolutely awful.

Last edited:
Reactions: Poser_Voyeur

conair_oops

Sep 27, 2021
Managed to do both Genesis 8 and 8.1.
I don't really see a difference at the moment (the eyelashes were differently chosen, so they can be the same), which is good. It means I can take advantage of the 8.1 features.

What do you guys think? Should I go forward with the 8.1 ?

View attachment 2871167
View attachment 2871169
Which version is most compatible with various expressions and poses, I will choose that one o_O

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Or it is Liam trimming the lawn and Sam is calculating the time he will have with Sophia. Or it is Ferengi trying to figure out how to use the swing. Or it is Mr Murray wandering around with a package (or holding his package). Or it is Natalia cleaning Mr Murray. Or it is Liam trying to trim Natalia. Or it is Ellie and her posse practicing their cheer routine. Or .............:LOL:
With Dylan being as popular as he is, it could be him sunbathing in the backyard.

Ranxerox

Nov 11, 2021
Yes l know, but l am looking fot this video's game. l can not find the game...
Dude.. the video and the renders in it are based on the "A Wife And Mother" VN as you should know.

Now... AFAIK, there's no fan-art "game" that's been made with that particular sequence of renders and put together in video format.
If somebody else knows otherwise, please let us know.

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
With Dylan being as popular as he is, it could be him sunbathing in the backyard.
Glad I did not think of that. I did consider it could be Wednesday afternoon. The day after Sophia's demo to her parents. Sam is watching Sophia's Mom practice the cello on the patio. He is shocked that she is nude catching some rays while she practices.:giggle:

4.60 star(s) 11 Votes