Fan Art A Wife And Mother Fan Art

4.60 star(s) 11 Votes

Teopx

Aug 5, 2023
Hi guys! im new in the AWAM universe and the Sophia fan art world. Great job everybody!
I don't know if ever mentioned before but i just wanted to say that there might be a real-life Sophia and her life is actually more wild than Sophia's and unfortunatelly with tragedy.
The first moment i saw Sophia, i said fuk! She is Stepahanie Seymour!!! The definition of trophy AWAM.
I don't know if it's allowed. If not delete my post. I posted some of her photos to back up my hypothesis.
What do you think?

Last edited:

Ranxerox

Nov 11, 2021
Hi guys! im new in the AWAM universe and the Sophia fan art world. Great job everybody!
I don't know if ever mentioned before but i just wanted to say that there might be a real-life Sophia and her life is actually more wild than Sophia's and unfortunatelly with tragedy.
The first moment i saw Sophia, i said fuk! She is Stepahanie Seymour!!! The definition of trophy AWAM.
I don't know if it's allowed. If not delete my post. I posted some of her photos to back up my hypothesis.
What do you think?
Sorry..
Nothing we haven't seen before... :confused::confused:

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
There are slight differences on Sofia as well. With the lighting, there's a little more light on her in the second render, as expected. You can also see little grains appearing, from missing the denoiser basically.
I do agree that it would definitely not be worth 2 hours for just those differences. The floor does look a lot better in the second image, but who really cares about the floor?
I am curious what % of quality you have on the each of the renders. When I render I usually select the percentage, not the number of renders (I put a hard cap on 5-10k depending what I'm rendering).

I want to mention that most of the render time comes from 2 things. A lot of geometry and complex lighting.
If you have a simple scene, lit from a hdri mostly, with 1 or 2 models at level 2 or 3 details, it should not take more than 5-10 minutes, even for 95-96%.
If you have a scene in a dark room, lit from different sources of light, bounced around reflective surfaces , you can even have it without people and it will take a long time. Maybe a few hours and it still wouldn't look completely right.
On the second image with no denoising was at 100% quality... well... here's my settings for it...
quality render - no denoise.jpg

My default settings I use most of the time for renders I post on here is the following (sometimes I use 800)... but when denoising, I leave quality turned off completely so that it goes the full number of iterations I selected.
denoised renders1.jpg denoised renders2.jpg

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Managed to do both Genesis 8 and 8.1.
I don't really see a difference at the moment (the eyelashes were differently chosen, so they can be the same), which is good. It means I can take advantage of the 8.1 features.

What do you guys think? Should I go forward with the 8.1 ?

View attachment 2871167
View attachment 2871169

Thought I shouldn't create a new post just for this. I added a little warmth to the photo in Gimp. Does this make it look better?
View attachment 2872339
It does, but you can do that inside Daz. With a combination of adjusting the settings in the Tone mapping section and go to the Lights tab and you can set the temperature of the light. Colder temps is more in the blue range, warmer temps are yellow, orange and red.

Reactions: bayrischman

Oliver Wendell Homely

May 9, 2020
What do you think?
Is that her son? I guess I don't know anything about these people, other than what I found in an online search. Looks like that guy is her son, who died of a drug overdose in 2021. I guess a couple of those photos make it look like they're lovers, but still photos can be misleading.

Teopx

Aug 5, 2023
Is that her son? I guess I don't know anything about these people, other than what I found in an online search. Looks like that guy is her son, who died of a drug overdose in 2021. I guess a couple of those photos make it look like they're lovers, but still photos can be misleading.
Yes, those are her sons and yes the older one, but still so young, accidenatlly(?) ODed. Too much monies and fame. Mama is Axl Rose's ex-girlfriend in the golden years of Guns'nRoses, and then a billionaires wife. She messed up Axl badly. Social media went crazy with the beach photos accusing her for being ''too affectinate''. Lol.

ihl86

Dec 8, 2019
It does, but you can do that inside Daz. With a combination of adjusting the settings in the Tone mapping section and go to the Lights tab and you can set the temperature of the light. Colder temps is more in the blue range, warmer temps are yellow, orange and red.
I usually do everything with the lighting in Daz. The problem is, if you realize you want something different after you finished rendering, you have to do it again, a lot more time consumed.

ItsNotUs

May 14, 2023
On the second image with no denoising was at 100% quality... well... here's my settings for it...
View attachment 2876739

My default settings I use most of the time for renders I post on here is the following (sometimes I use 800)... but when denoising, I leave quality turned off completely so that it goes the full number of iterations I selected.
View attachment 2876740 View attachment 2876742
You're doing very wrong things - no offense.
1. Rendering Converged Ratio - never set it to 100%!!!, maximum 99%!
If you set it to 100%, then the rendering process itself can last for hours without changing the quality in any way!
2. Post Denoiser 400 and Max Samples 400???
Denoiser doesn't work like this! At 400 your render ends its process, if you don't believe me try setting your dynoiser to 350 or higher but not 400.
3. Min Samples 5 - remove by 0.
This will make the process even easier.

ihl86

Dec 8, 2019
I'm trying to get Sofia to look as much as possible as my favorite iteration:

1692952026288.png
I changed the hair, using bronwyn now. Can't figure out the texture (tried playing with colorwerks hair colors but couldn't make it work), if anyone can help me with some tips how to get this result, I would appreciate it.
Secondly, I lowered the eye brows and squinted her eyes a little, this seems to have gotten me close.
I applied a little eye shadow, not perfect yet but getting closer.
Unfortunately my Sofia somehow still looks different, I would say like a younger version somehow.
If anyone could give me any tips to get even closer, I would appreciate it. (could it be from the textures? could it be some from photoshop post work?)

This is my latest try to get as close as possible:
Sofia 8.1 iteration 2.png

conair_oops

Sep 27, 2021

View attachment 2877167
I changed the hair, using bronwyn now. Can't figure out the texture (tried playing with colorwerks hair colors but couldn't make it work), if anyone can help me with some tips how to get this result, I would appreciate it.
Secondly, I lowered the eye brows and squinted her eyes a little, this seems to have gotten me close.
Unfortunately my Sofia somehow still looks different, I would say like a younger version somehow.
If anyone could give me any tips to get even closer, I would appreciate it. (could it be from the textures? could it be some from photoshop post work?)

View attachment 2877306
Sophia's face appears slimmer than the original version, and her teeth seem to have been altered as well
I don't believe LP used too much facial editing with PTS, he must have used some sets of daz expressions,
Unfortunately, that's LP's secret :ROFLMAO:

ihl86

Dec 8, 2019
Sophia's face appears slimmer than the original version, and her teeth seem to have been altered as well
I don't believe LP used too much facial editing with PTS, he must have used some sets of daz expressions,
Unfortunately, that's LP's secret :ROFLMAO:
Yes, she does appear slimmer to me as well.
Unfortunately, sometimes just modifying the texture can make a model appear slimmer as well, might not be the morphs necessarily.
In photoshop I was also thinking more about the look/texture part, not the shape. If you look at the nose especially, it has a little cartoony look somehow in his image. That can be done from the texture or from photoshop, nothing else that I can think of.

naughtynafz

Creating "Aiden's Revenge"
Game Developer
Dec 2, 2019

View attachment 2877167

View attachment 2877306
lighting and expressions matter the most

Reactions: ihl86

ItsNotUs

May 14, 2023
So try a higher value. Read my post again, I said to EXPERIMENT with what values YOU Prefer. 400 and 800 are just EXAMPLES of what I USE. Try something higher. Do a bunch of test renders at various iterations, like 1000, 2000 or whatever you think will work for you. Or don't bother and wait three hours if that's what you enjoy. TO each his own.

This is a 1080P render I did denoised at 800 iterations/samples. It took me just over 5 1/2 mins with my RTX3060. It looks just fine. In the past I done this exact same scene at only 200 iterations and it still looked okay.

View attachment 2868968
I experimented a little and I think the difference is big!
Quality at 10
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
I experimented a little and I think the difference is big!
Quality at 10
Use what you like best. That's my whole point I have repeatedly stated! I PREFER denoised between 400 and 800... you may prefer different. MY POINT is... a point everyone seems to miss, is to experiment with different values until ytou get what YOU LIKE... if you want to wait three hours... go for it! Knock yourself out. I can spit out 30 of my denoised renders in the same time period and I would be happy with them.

Reactions: BigIrishLug

ihl86

Dec 8, 2019
I played with some thinning sliders for her face.
I think I'm ok with how she looks now.
The hair is the only part left.
Again, if anyone knows what hair shaders I could use to get that sort of coloring, would be appreciated.

Sofia 8.1 iteration 3.png

Started working on the game now. Replaying through the first part for the first time to remind myself of the "lore" so I can continue the story as organically as possible.
Will be doing the Aiden route. Maybe add some stuff with the principal. Maybe Bennet. Maybe some other stuff, later down the line. Mostly interested in the blackmail/corruption sort of path.

Also, I've trying searching this thread, since the info is not on the first page. Do you guys know what assets are used for:
- Andre
- Zac
- Jennifer
- Principal Johnson
- Any of the other kids in her class
- Also, if you guys know which of the resources can give that nice line trim, would be helpful as well, if not I'll just play around with all of them.
- her car

Thanks

Last edited:

ItsNotUs

May 14, 2023
Use what you like best. That's my whole point I have repeatedly stated! I PREFER denoised between 400 and 800... you may prefer different. MY POINT is... a point everyone seems to miss, is to experiment with different values until ytou get what YOU LIKE... if you want to wait three hours... go for it! Knock yourself out. I can spit out 30 of my denoised renders in the same time period and I would be happy with them.
You don't need three hours to render gen3! Max render time 1-1.5 hours.
I agree, it probably doesn't make much sense to render for so long, but after 30 minutes of rendering, the picture was in good quality with 5k int.
Personally, I strive for quality so that the image can then be further processed in the editor. spT.png

4.60 star(s) 11 Votes