Fan Art A Wife And Mother Fan Art

4.60 star(s) 11 Votes

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
You're on a roll! You may as well do your own visual novel if you're going to pump out images like this. ;) I'm trying to think of a new short story for Sophia and maybe whip something up just for fun.
Thanks for the compliment.
I have the bedroom asset and surrounding area all set up and saved as a duf asset so I just have to sort out pose and lighting for each render but I am generally happy with the way the lighting has turned out.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Thanks for the compliment.
I have the bedroom asset and surrounding area all set up and saved as a duf asset so I just have to sort out pose and lighting for each render but I am generally happy with the way the lighting has turned out.
Yeah, add to that saving your own poses and expressions and that helps a lot. The key to saving your own expressions is to save a pose, then unselect the entire character in the save dialog where you select which parts to save and then just navigate to their head, check the head so it is all selected and uncheck "General". That will save only the facial expression without the head movements or body positions etc.

Similar for body poses, unselect General on the main pose selection dialog (though some poses you want to save certain rotations, like when laying down), but you don't want transformation saved as they will move any character you apply it to, away from where they currently are.

I find it interesting to gather up a collection of expressions etc... here's some expressions I have created so far (mainly with a new character I have been working on)...

Expressions.jpg

I also searched online in an image search for expressions of real people to recreate in Daz which has been interesting...
afraid2.jpg
View attachment crying1.webp

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
Yeah, add to that saving your own poses and expressions and that helps a lot. The key to saving your own expressions is to save a pose, then unselect the entire character in the save dialog where you select which parts to save and then just navigate to their head, check the head so it is all selected and uncheck "General". That will save only the facial expression without the head movements or body positions etc.

Similar for body poses, unselect General on the main pose selection dialog (though some poses you want to save certain rotations, like when laying down), but you don't want transformation saved as they will move any character you apply it to, away from where they currently are.

I find it interesting to gather up a collection of expressions etc... here's some expressions I have created so far (mainly with a new character I have been working on)...

View attachment 1865172

I also searched online in an image search for expressions of real people to recreate in Daz which has been interesting...
View attachment 1865178
View attachment 1865179
Interesting as I have never thought about doing this so thanks once again

• Angry
Reactions: FROZER

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Interesting as I have never thought about doing this so thanks once again
Here's a good video on how to save your own poses (you can create folders for them as well, like "G3F Poses" as I did or whatever)

And here's a great one on saving your own expressions, I have REALLY enjoyed doing this and now save every new expression I come up with and it is a real time saver. It allows you to try out a bunch of your saved expressions rapidly until you find the one you like, saving time and allowing you to test out different looks rapidly...

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
Here's a good video on how to save your own poses (you can create folders for them as well, like "G3F Poses" as I did or whatever)

And here's a great one on saving your own expressions, I have REALLY enjoyed doing this and now save every new expression I come up with and it is a real time saver. It allows you to try out a bunch of your saved expressions rapidly until you find the one you like, saving time and allowing you to test out different looks rapidly...
great,thanks very much

• Angry

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Here's the expressions I have saved so far. These are meant for the Genesis 3 Female, though they will work on a G3 male as well. Just open the zip and drop it into your Library folder and they will be in your Presets inside Poses in a folder called "G3F Expressions". They should work without any addons as I tried to create this from scratch.

View attachment G3F_Expressions.7z

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
Here's the expressions I have saved so far. These are meant for the Genesis 3 Female, though they will work on a G3 male as well. Just open the zip and drop it into your Library folder and they will be in your Presets inside Poses in a folder called "G3F Expressions". They should work without any addons as I tried to create this from scratch.

View attachment 1865233
Cheers for that

Reactions: Kobudo27

MoyaPsy

Dec 13, 2021

View attachment 1865179

Amazing. I usually just lurk around here but now I have to answer: Thank you very much for this insight. You sir should do tutorial videos on YT. :)
I keep gathering assets since half a year in the hopes that someday I find the muse to start a render but am afraid that - even after the tutorials within DAZ - I just cannot hack it. That little insight you just posted here made me feel more secure about starting. Thanks a lot.

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
Amazing. I usually just lurk around here but now I have to answer: Thank you very much for this insight. You sir should do tutorial videos on YT. :)
I keep gathering assets since half a year in the hopes that someday I find the muse to start a render but am afraid that - even after the tutorials within DAZ - I just cannot hack it. That little insight you just posted here made me feel more secure about starting. Thanks a lot.
You should just go for it as everybody here who has posted renders in the FA thread has been in exactly the same position as you are now and if you ever need help just ask

• Angry

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Give it a shot and post what you do in here. Most people here understand we're not pros at this and you have to start somewhere, usually your early work isn't the best, but you don't improve without trying. I seen a lot of great first tries in here.

Reactions: Old Dog
4.60 star(s) 11 Votes