Fan Art A Wife And Mother Fan Art

4.60 star(s) 11 Votes

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
I still need to find the shirt, but I think Ellie is wearing these shorts in the latest teaser:

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
:FacePalm: I don't see you trying to help out identifying. If you don't think it's the asset, by all means suggest a better one if you're able. I haven't had the time to test it, obviously, because then I'd be more confident than "I think ..." and have a post of the results. Most of the artists here don't care anyway.

Or you could do something useful like trying to identify the character models like Aimee and Naomi. Aimee seems to have a following, so identifying the character assets for her would actually be helpful. ihl86 appears to be the best the thread has at the moment in terms of character asset identification, unless you can do better,

Last edited:

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
:FacePalm: I don't see you trying to help out identifying. If you don't think it's the asset, by all means suggest a better one if you're able. I haven't had the time to test it, obviously, because then I'd be more confident than "I think ..." and have a post of the results. Most of the artists here don't care anyway.

Or you could do something useful like trying to identify the character models like Aimee and Naomi. Aimee seems to have a following, so identifying the character assets for her would actually be helpful. ihl86 appears to be the best the thread has at the moment in terms of character asset identification, unless you can do better,
I found the asset, so I just wanted to help you avoid an error. Nothing more. Or do you think it's not the one used by L&P? :rolleyes:

ihl86

Dec 8, 2019

I found the asset, so I just wanted to help you avoid an error. Nothing more. Or do you think it's not the one used by L&P? :rolleyes:
You both actually identified the same asset.
Nexer the one you linked to in the other post actually contains just textures for the one that Alley_Cat identified. You can see in the required products of your link:
1697539424298.png
If you go by the texture itself, it also seems to be just the original product. Looks to me like it's this one:
1697539472871.png

Regarding identifying the characters, I appreciate your confidence Alley_Cat. I have to admit I haven't really checked the original thread for the teasers too much, since I don't want to just create hype for myself if I still have to wait for the update. If after I play the update I like the characters, I might be inclined to check to see if I find them. Although, if they are G8 there's very small chance of that as there are waaay to many G8 characters available. If they are G8.1 or G9, there are bigger chances we find them.

Regarding my own try with the renders and the story, I thought I found a better texture for Sophia in . Some of the renders look very good and realistic. It would also be an easy way to convert her to G9 without too much hassle. At first try, the texture looks too tan and not at all like Sophia. Maybe there's a chance to combine the too, I'm not giving up just yet.

Reactions: wcsim and Alley_Cat

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
You both actually identified the same asset.
Nexer the one you linked to in the other post actually contains just textures for the one that Alley_Cat identified. You can see in the required products of your link:
View attachment 3012694
If you go by the texture itself, it also seems to be just the original product. Looks to me like it's this one:
View attachment 3012695

Regarding identifying the characters, I appreciate your confidence Alley_Cat. I have to admit I haven't really checked the original thread for the teasers too much, since I don't want to just create hype for myself if I still have to wait for the update. If after I play the update I like the characters, I might be inclined to check to see if I find them. Although, if they are G8 there's very small chance of that as there are waaay to many G8 characters available. If they are G8.1 or G9, there are bigger chances we find them.

Regarding my own try with the renders and the story, I thought I found a better texture for Sophia in . Some of the renders look very good and realistic. It would also be an easy way to convert her to G9 without too much hassle. At first try, the texture looks too tan and not at all like Sophia. Maybe there's a chance to combine the too, I'm not giving up just yet.
Ellie's PJs
1697540450289.png

1697540727766.png

True, it is the same base asset, but the texture used in Ellie's case was not the one identified by Alley_Cat.
1697540866972.png
1697541012863.png
The base asset is created by lilflame, but the texture by Sveta. Maybe they are one and the same person :unsure:

As for the characters, it's a waste of time with all the many variations, and a dev can use a preset for a certain part of the face and .... adios.

ihl86

Dec 8, 2019
Ellie's PJs
View attachment 3012724

View attachment 3012727

True, it is the same base asset, but the texture used in Ellie's case was not the one identified by Alley_Cat.
View attachment 3012733
View attachment 3012738
The base asset is created by lilflame, but the texture by Sveta. Maybe they are one and the same person :unsure:

As for the characters, it's a waste of time with all the many variations, and a dev can use a preset for a certain part of the face and .... adios.
I think the texture model is the one you pointed out to and the color the one I screenshotted above, from the original product. Although I don't know if anyone cares that much about details like this, it's good to have them if anyone is interested.

Regarding the characters, I think L&P used to be lazy and just use simple characters most of the time. I don't know if he still does that or he started combining them. What I would like to say though is that I care a lot more about characters then I do about clothes. Especially if I want to make fan art, or whatever else derived from this game, there are few pieces of clothing I would want to reuse. I would, however, like my characters to look the same. So while it is harder, or maybe close to impossible to replicate a character I would argue it's also more important.

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
I think the texture model is the one you pointed out to and the color the one I screenshotted above, from the original product. Although I don't know if anyone cares that much about details like this, it's good to have them if anyone is interested.

Regarding the characters, I think L&P used to be lazy and just use simple characters most of the time. I don't know if he still does that or he started combining them. What I would like to say though is that I care a lot more about characters then I do about clothes. Especially if I want to make fan art, or whatever else derived from this game, there are few pieces of clothing I would want to reuse. I would, however, like my characters to look the same. So while it is harder, or maybe close to impossible to replicate a character I would argue it's also more important.
https://f95zone.to/threads/ms-denvers-v0-04-popdoggy.143472/post-11910321
This girl described how she managed to copy a character, but it is an image created in PS. Quite tricky to pull off, and it takes talent. In DAZ even more complicated.

Reactions: ihl86

ihl86

Dec 8, 2019
https://f95zone.to/threads/ms-denvers-v0-04-popdoggy.143472/post-11910321
This girl described how she managed to copy a character, but it is an image created in PS. Quite tricky to pull off, and it takes talent. In DAZ even more complicated.
In Daz it can be simpler, or complicated depending on how the character was created.
You have 2 main components of a character in Daz. The shape and the texture. The texture plays a very big role, sometimes more so than the shape. That is why, it is usually easier to identify the texture than the shape of a character. Because it gives the character already the look. The problem is it also hides certain differences, or modifications and makes it harder for someone to identify.
Her are two images of a quick render:
This is Victoria 7 and EJ Adora (the character with the texture at least for Sophia. I think especially in later iterations small tweaks to the shape were made as well). Here I have changed the textures among them.
Victoria 7 vs Adora with hair.png

Here are the characters with their original textures on:
Victoria 7 vs Adora with hair (original).png

Yes, in the first image, Victoria 7 with the Adora texture doesn't quite looks like Sophia but it looks a lot more like the character than the actual shape of Sophia with Victoria's texture.

In the second image we can see that Shape and texture combined make for an almost perfect match of how Sophia looks.

This example was to show how much of a character look comes from the texture. With a completely wrong texture, the character looks very different.

It also shows how the texture makes recognizing the shape a lot harder. Yes, when the right combination comes, you can recognize it but I doubt how many people can recognize Victoria 7 in the first image.

Now add to that the fact that shapes can be combined however anyone wants.
The creator can say I want this to have 85% of the Adora shape and let's say 40% of Gillian shape. Afterwards, there are very detailed slider to modify the shape of everything you want, nose (bridge, tip, curve, nostrils and so on), lips, cheeks, jaw, forehead and so on.

Here is how Adora and 85% Adora with 40% Gillian look like side by side:
Adora Gillian and Adora.png

Can you tell which is which without looking above?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I think the TLDR is: We can maybe identify the texture if we get lucky and stumble over it.
If the creator has played with the shape, there are very small chances we will completely identify it.

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
In Daz it can be simpler, or complicated depending on how the character was created.
You have 2 main components of a character in Daz. The shape and the texture. The texture plays a very big role, sometimes more so than the shape. That is why, it is usually easier to identify the texture than the shape of a character. Because it gives the character already the look. The problem is it also hides certain differences, or modifications and makes it harder for someone to identify.
Her are two images of a quick render:
This is Victoria 7 and EJ Adora (the character with the texture at least for Sophia. I think especially in later iterations small tweaks to the shape were made as well). Here I have changed the textures among them.
View attachment 3013390

Here are the characters with their original textures on:
View attachment 3013392

Yes, in the first image, Victoria 7 with the Adora texture doesn't quite looks like Sophia but it looks a lot more like the character than the actual shape of Sophia with Victoria's texture.

In the second image we can see that Shape and texture combined make for an almost perfect match of how Sophia looks.

This example was to show how much of a character look comes from the texture. With a completely wrong texture, the character looks very different.

It also shows how the texture makes recognizing the shape a lot harder. Yes, when the right combination comes, you can recognize it but I doubt how many people can recognize Victoria 7 in the first image.

Now add to that the fact that shapes can be combined however anyone wants.
The creator can say I want this to have 85% of the Adora shape and let's say 40% of Gillian shape. Afterwards, there are very detailed slider to modify the shape of everything you want, nose (bridge, tip, curve, nostrils and so on), lips, cheeks, jaw, forehead and so on.

Here is how Adora and 85% Adora with 40% Gillian look like side by side:
View attachment 3013401

Can you tell which is which without looking above?

I think the TLDR is: We can maybe identify the texture if we get lucky and stumble over it.
If the creator has played with the shape, there are very small chances we will completely identify it.
I can't figure it out. They look identical to me :cry:. Nice presentation.
I think the first step would be, when looking for characters, is to determine if it's a G3 or a G8.
Here is a G3. If you follow the eyebrows, G3's are a bit shorter: 8 edges, more precisely 7.5
1697573459963.png

G8 has 9, or more precisely 8.8.
1697573638926.png

G3's eyebrows are a little higher than G8's.
1697573940401.png
1697574153483.png

The rest is almost identical, the brownest is the G8.
1697576284097.png

ihl86

Dec 8, 2019
I can't figure it out. They look identical to me :cry:. Nice presentation.
I think the first step would be, when looking for characters, is to determine if it's a G3 or a G8.
Here is a G3. If you follow the eyebrows, G3's are a bit shorter: 8 edges, more precisely 7.5
View attachment 3014036

G8 has 9, or more precisely 8.8.
View attachment 3014040

G3's eyebrows are a little higher than G8's.
View attachment 3014048
View attachment 3014054

The rest is almost identical, the brownest is the G8.
View attachment 3014127
Unfortunately we don't see the geometry. And while the basic shapes have some distinct features, the ones you customize do not.
Here is Sophia (I've posted this earlier as well) in 4 different generations: G3, G8, G8.1 and G9. Can you tell them apart?

At first we already know L&P used G3. I think since then he moved at least sophia (and probably dylan/ellie) to G8 or higher.

I think, because the technology advanced and you get benefits from the newer ones, he is probably using G8.1 now. There are some chance for some characters he doesn't care about he is using G8. There also a small chance he is using G9 but I'm not sure about that.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Unfortunately we don't see the geometry. And while the basic shapes have some distinct features, the ones you customize do not.
Here is Sophia (I've posted this earlier as well) in 4 different generations: G3, G8, G8.1 and G9. Can you tell them apart?

At first we already know L&P used G3. I think since then he moved at least sophia (and probably dylan/ellie) to G8 or higher.

I think, because the technology advanced and you get benefits from the newer ones, he is probably using G8.1 now. There are some chance for some characters he doesn't care about he is using G8. There also a small chance he is using G9 but I'm not sure about that.
Any idea on the assets used for Aimee and Naomi?

ihl86

Dec 8, 2019
Any idea on the assets used for Aimee and Naomi?
At first glance I couldn't identify them. They both look hot though and would like to find out.
I think I'll wait to play through the update, to be more familiarized with their faces and afterwards, I'll look through the G8/8.1 library to see if anything pops out.

Which one do people like more, the brunette, or the blonde? (don't know which is which by name)

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019

If you overlay the G3 with the G8, at the topology level, even the face, is identical.
There is a difference, the G8 eyebrows are separated from the head
G3 includes the eyebrows in the Head node.
1697618093188.png

And G8
1697618173304.png

In this Gif we have differences in eyebrows, topology around the eyes, and, I think, slightly in the corner of the mouth.
anigif.gif

4.60 star(s) 11 Votes