Dr.SigmundFap

Engaged Member
Apr 23, 2017
Maybe it's quency77 (y) (review here)
View attachment 1149247
We can already see that the last estimate is smashed by the last elements.

'And I am afraid that day 12 will need even more than 11 months to be completed.'
I recognize that it is normal for time to increase with increasing complexity. However, there I think it's too much.
I'm more afraid that, before the end, the project will hit the wall, because L&P will be discouraged, or exhausted, or lost with its last minute additions and modifications, his stubbornness, ...
I agree with your statement but I'm sure he's off on his dates here. For an example of this, P.D. 11 was released on 9.11.2020 and P.D. 12 (1/3 day) started/first post was on 10.6.2020. Nothing too major, but those would give you a more accurate detail on the duration of P.D. 11 and 12.

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
Let's be real.
There is already a massive change in the story he wants to tell.
Nobody can convince me that what was suppose to be done in 3-3 and a half years,now will take 3,4,5 times more years.Or even more.If the story was the same as September 2017.
So if he can change the story so drastically,he for sure can change his work style.
He once said he studied to become a teacher. I guess that's true, he's educated, the cello lesson, the details during literature and biology lessons at school and with Ava's three kids. He looked for a source of income and luckily he found it. Good for him.
Now, naturally, he has gained experience, interacted with patrons and knows what they want. Just look at who gives more money, for how long and what they say. Eliminate what they don't like, increase what they do like. They are the hard core of his income and they count.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Hlextor

xxxorro

Jan 18, 2021
What day is that PD ?
Not clear yet.
It will take place on Sunday and it should be either PD 14 or PD 15, it depends if there will be a PD on Saturday or not.

Python:
p "Say, Do you have any plans for Sunday?"

s "Sunday? Um..."
s "No, I don't think so. Why?"

p "Do you remember my friend Zoey? The one I was telling you about on the way back from the airport? You know, the young horse breeder who lives with her husband on a ranch about 40 miles from the city."
p "We got our Shetland ponies, and two American Thoroughbreds from them."

s "Vaguely."
s "So, What about her?"

p "Have you ever ridden before?"
p "And when I say ridden, I don't mean guys! *chuckle*"

s "I know what you mean and... No, I actually never have."

p "Then it's high time for that!"
p "She invited me to come over on Sunday. We're gonna take a ride out, and see nature."
p "If you're up for it, you can come with me."

s "Oh, that sounds like fun! Yeah, sure!"
s "A trip out to see nature always sounds good!"

p "Great!"
p "I'll pick you up Sunday morning, and we'll drive up to her ranch."
p "And, I'll give you a call the day before too!"

Reactions: Undertaker1987

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
That's not true. I understand what you mean. But painter in particular is a bad example. There are many paintings in which one can prove that they have been painted over or changed many times. The "Mona Lisa" is an exceptional example. Loeonardo da Vinci changed the details again and again until the end of his life. Although I definitely don't want to see L&P compared to Leonardo!
I suppose you're right - for something to be true it must always be true and as you demonstrate, my inclusion of painting doesn't hold in many cases. I guess I was thinking more in contemporary terms: artists who rely on the gallery system and actual sales. A showing/exhibition is scheduled months and months in advance but the work has to be ready to sell on opening night.

The da Vinci example is probably exactly apt for L&P: da Vinci was patronized by the de Medici family for most of his early years, and later moved to Milan (another patron but I forget who, landed nobility I'm sure). He had income, support, and more or less free reign to pursue his artistic interests. (I know patrons would commission [demand] specific paintings as well, so let's not pick it apart completely)

So under that light and with L&P's latest diatribe fresh in the mind, looks like we're all stuck with this totally fucked production schedule.

Cold brew

Jul 20, 2020
Either way, the fact that he wants to tell a story the way he likes doesn't explain the amount of renders.
L&P reached 65% on March 20. Aiden event is supposed to have 20%, up from 65% to 85%.
IMO, he started Aiden event on March 20, if he created 10 renders/day we would get 11+18=29x10=290 renders.
So, the average is very low, no point in creating and deleting scenes because it's just a waste of time. Better to take a day off, write the text, sketch the scenes and then DAZ.
I would like to add to your statement. I have no doubt whatsoever that in L&P's perfectionism and process that 2x - 3x more renders are generated than what makes the cut. Keeping in mind your averaging observations, if the update was to have say 800, it would be likely that at the very minimum 1600 in his process would be generated from we can logic out. More complications and challenges he has just means more trial and error IMO. Your math shows that L&P got lost in the weeds during this update and has a HUGE opportunity to learn from it and adjust. Just an observation.

Reactions: Bane71 and nexer
3.40 star(s) 489 Votes