Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Probably someone already gave answer to my incoming question but anyway: Why is taking him so much time to release the incoming update? And is there gonna be something special about it ?
It boils down to this:
  1. They work on this alone.
  2. They won't work with others because it would likely be a long-distance working relationship and it could slow things down if they have to correct the other person's renders.
  3. They also don't seem to have much confidence that another person could match their level of quality.
  4. They write too much and therefore produce too many renders.
  5. They're a perfectionist who spends a lot of time working on small, imperceptible details and this causes them to take longer on renders.
  6. They have way too many side characters, side stories, and branching paths, most of which are pointless and completely superfluous.
So far the only thing they've said they'll try to do in the future is cut down on dialogue and renders which might help since this half-day update is going to be around 1000 renders, and if they can cut down enough so that a full day is 1000 renders, then that will go a long way to speeding things up.

PietruccioTheHilander

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2019
It boils down to this:
  1. They work on this alone.
  2. They won't work with others because it would likely be a long-distance working relationship and it could slow things down if they have to correct the other person's renders.
  3. They also don't seem to have much confidence that another person could match their level of quality.
  4. They write too much and therefore produce too many renders.
  5. They're a perfectionist who spends a lot of time working on small, imperceptible details and this causes them to take longer on renders.
  6. They have way too many side characters, side stories, and branching paths, most of which are pointless and completely superfluous.
So far the only thing they've said they'll try to do in the future is cut down on dialogue and renders which might help since this half-day update is going to be around 1000 renders, and if they can cut down enough so that a full day is 1000 renders, then that will go a long way to speeding things up.
7. he is continuing to follow his university courses

Reactions: alward

Hlextor

May 6, 2017
The hot scenes are good, but we need some sexier action even if we are still less than halfway through the playable days.
I feel real confident for some sexier action in the following update. The Ellie/Julia and the Yoga event will be more than only looking surreptitiously to each other. My assumption is, we have in both events similar scenes like in Sophia/Ellie shower event. Maybe also with Alyssa.
With regard to „Lesbian” Sophia can get a move on.;)

Leldorin

Nov 22, 2019
As some people have already said, he really needs an editor to cut some of the content. Even with the « mains characters » . If you play the Sam route, what was the point of his scene in the last update ? What was there that advanced their relationship ? Nothing. We learn that he likes to peep on Sophia. Nothing new. That she like to tease him and that she doesn’t mind . Nothing new. That he’s obsessed about her. Nothing new. That he dreams about her ? We already know that he has some problems sleeping but know we know that he’s subconsciously obsessed about her. That’s not really much. On the sexual side, he massage her back, shoulders and arms . She’s in a bikini and her nipples get hard. Nothing new and I would say even a regression. All this event could have been condensed. Like this : Sam call Sophia (he has her number), he talk about his upcoming concert, and invite her and would gladly drive her now that he has his license and a car. It was not the biggest of event, but even there he can win some time.

Feb 7, 2018
If he keeps expanding the history branches and the number of renders per event (Records), every remaining day will take from 5 to 6 months at the actual speed. So about 17 pending days, it's 8.5 years, basic math...

Render and programming could be outsourced, which could speed up, but creative "art" part, as design and writing history are complex to delegate.
1 day every 5-6 months would be actually "decent". Let me remind you, you're waiting rn for half a day update, so ~double your number.

I'm not biased, i already invested 544,50€ in L&P work [...]
Dude, let's start with the obvious - you're fookin crazy ;) and partially responsible just like any other patron - well, maybe a little more.

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020
If this high goal is really achieved someday
What is this high goal?
1k patreons?

I'm ok with 720 render but I don't like lying especially from the dev.
I don't know then if L&P is a young guy(Young ppl bluster) but he should say if he can’t keep his promise, probably everyone would understand it with good reason(Games size, render time etc)

Has L&P ever commented on these?

And no, I don’t want to start World War III but I just want to know the truth.

AlienEDM

Oct 2, 2018
Guys help me i cant view Ellie and Sophia bathroom scene because of couple of points! Maybe someone has v0.90 full save with all max stats?
Here is my save game which you can see the full scene. Just extract it on the save game folder. You will find it on the tier of quick save. Enjoy.
screenshot0001.png

Reactions: tramtoriana2

Dan5k74

Oct 6, 2017
So, I was listening to a song and the lyrics reminds me of Sophia and this game:

D'you get scared to feel so much?
To let somebody touch you?
So hot, so cold, so far so out of control
Hard to come by, and harder to hold

Some people get by
With a little understanding
Some people get by
With a whole lot more
I don't know
Why you gotta be so undemanding
One thing I know
I want more
I want more

I think about Sophia every time I listen to this song:

After all, all that she wants is another baby... literally.

Reactions: ashitanojoe

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020
Yes, he did. As far as I remember, he said that it would take more rendering time and that the size of the game is huge already, so he prefers not to do it. I believe that someone shared a response from patreon.
Thank you.
I thinking that was the reason.

As you know, I have not followed this thread for three years but just a few months.

Reactions: Alley_Cat

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
What is this high goal?
1k patreons?

I'm ok with 720 render but I don't like lying especially from the dev.
I don't know then if L&P is a young guy(Young ppl bluster) but he should say if he can’t keep his promise, probably everyone would understand it with good reason(Games size, render time etc)

Has L&P ever commented on these?

And no, I don’t want to start World War III but I just want to know the truth.
Yes, he did. As far as I remember, he said that it would take more rendering time and that the size of the game is huge already, so he prefers not to do it. I believe that someone shared a response from patreon.

If I'm honest the increment in game size sounds like an excuse. This other dev, recreation, produces 1080p renders and his game Bad Memories is not that heavy.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

That 1080p image only weights 331kb. It's a matter of compress the images properly. But I'm not interested in 1080p, the rendering time would increase significantly, so, even slower updating time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sorrow85

tigers

Apr 28, 2017

If I'm honest the increment in game size sounds like an excuse. This other dev, recreation, produces 1080p renders and his game is not that heavy.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

That 1080p image only weights 331kb. It's a matter of compress the images properly. But I'm not interested in 1080p, the rendering time would increase significantly, so, even lower updates.
which game is this?

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020
which game is this?
Bad Memories:
https://f95zone.to/threads/bad-memories-v0-5-2-recreation.28008/
I recommend try it.

That 1080p image only weights 331kb. It's a matter of compress the images properly. But I'm not interested in 1080p, the rendering time would increase significantly, so, even lower updates.
But really, I think L&P would have already gotten two or more RTX 2080ti making renders with patreon’s money.
At least I know the reason, that's enough for me.

Last edited:
3.40 star(s) 488 Votes