Angmir

May 29, 2017
I did a calculation to estimate when the game will be finished. Currently we are done with event day 18 which is playable day 11

My calculation
total playable days left = 19
each update requirement = 5 months
total updates until game end = 38
total years required = (38 x 5 )/ 12 = 15.83 years

Those 15 years will be used to do the below ( according to his patreon )
A. scenes creation
B. rendering
C. Art with photoshop
D. Programming and translation

A & B took up 85% of his time. C & D took the remaining 15%

But hey he might think years is way too long for making a game and might decide to speed things up
by
1. Increasing the team members in the project
2. Focus on the core characters and eliminate some of the branch stories.
3. Work full time instead of part time. ( not really sure )
4. Build a render ''farm''

L&P is kinda perfectionist according to himself. So doing 1. will probably eliminate D. That 7.5% ( i assumed it will take half of the 15%) time reduction.
Doing 2. 3. 4. might reduce 20% of A. B. C. so thats around 0.2 x 92.5% = 18.5% time reduction

Total time reduction = 7.5% + 18.5% = 26%

hence under best cause scenario we are looking at 74% x 15.83 = 11.71 years more before we see the final finished production of AWAM.

What you guys think of my analysis ? If you disagree give me a better estimate
Yeah much simpler analizys says
~5 months per update - game fininshed by 1st Jen 2037-38
~4 months (which I believe is what he should strive for) - game finished by 1st Jen 2034
~3 months (which by now looks unrealistic for him do achive consistantly - 1st Jen 2031

So even in SUPER optimistic scenario it is - 10 years from now on ...

Thats why I think it is compleatly meaningless to disscuss about days 20+ at this time.

I say his absolute minimum target must be to finish day 12 by 1st of Jen 2022. If he fails to do that - even I will drop from the project.

Then on the second part of prediction

I really hope the game is planned in a way that the first sex scenes with most of characters will occur arround days 16-19 and not 26-30. If having a single actualy sex scene is the ultimate goal of the game - I will be mad.

Sex with people like Dylan (a co-mc at this point) should come no latter than arround that 16-19 day mark, to lett the player see how the incestous relationship plays out. With more bold scenes, in riskier circumstances, cheating, sneaking, having sex in public places, and treesomes etc.

If that is indeed how the game is structured - I will be happy to support it for next 15 years if need be.

I hope I am true.

Reactions: Nameless King

MykeRosy

Dec 9, 2018
Its a good update. I give it 7/10.

Guess many people dont like lesbians too much BUT i did not mind. I thought that antonio scene is really HOT.

Reactions: Old Dog
D

Deleted member 840101

sinnemmx I don't understand why you want everybody to think only the way you do. We are all adults here and we can make decisions on our own. You don't really have to teach others about how to run their business. Its their business and if someone doesn't wanna change, you are free to cancel your subscription. Its that simple.

Also, you don't have to pity or feel bad for higher level patrons. Its their money and if they wanna spend it, its their wish. That's really a bad attitude the way you said it.

Just tell me, how many times this very topic has been discussed before in this thread?

Yeah, we know that if L&P gives us updates more frequently he would gain more patrons. We all know it.
He may change his plans in the future but this is what we get as of now.
L&P told he would do something about that or atleast talk with us. So lets wait for that without bringing the same topic everyday.

Last edited by a moderator:

PietruccioTheHilander

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2019
sinnemmx I don't understand why you want everybody to think only the way do. We are all adults here and we can make decisions on our own. You don't really have to teach others about how to run their business. Its their business and if someone doesn't wanna change, you are free to cancel your subscription. Its that simple.

Also, you don't have pity or feel bad for higher level patrons. Its their money and if they wanna spend it, its their wish. That's really a bad attitude the way you said it.

Just tell me, how many times this very topic has been discussed before in this thread?

Yeah, we know that if L&P gives us updates more frequently he would gain more patrons. We all know it.
He may change his plans in the future but this is what we get as of now.
L&P told he would do something about that or atleast talk with us. So lets wait for that without bringing the same topic everyday.
thank you for the cordial reply

if I were a developer, I would like to listen to my supporters: I would only benefit from it.

Sturbuck

Feb 1, 2019
Put depack file in your game folder\game and start the game with the .exe
It takes few minutes and will create a unpacked folder. When the game start, close it.
Delete depack.rpy depack.rpyc and archive.rpa from the game folder\game
Put all archives from the unpacked\game into game folder\game.
Then replace the file script4.rpy with this file and start the game
There s no script4.rpy file in the folder to replace with yours. Anyway I did everything as you instructed till script4.rpy. when I couldnt find the scrip4.rpy. I copied yours in to all folders of the game. Result : Game fucked :D

BeastMaster59

Jun 12, 2017
I'm a 30$ sub and I can tell you, don't cry for us since we don't care about you. We aren't under some misguided view that L&P that told us. We know what this game is, we know how things work but we support him because we like what he is doing and we fully support him.
Congratulations for you supporting him with 30 Bucks,he needs more folks like you, I personally don`t think this game is worth a dollar...I supported him at the beginning also, but after Months of support, with nothing going forward, I stopped it, because I believed that Id rather spend my money for charity and other Devs then throwing it out the window..
This is Just my opinion........I,m just glad you at least get your moneys worth outta the game,whatever it my be.:rolleyes:

GeladoFeitan

May 18, 2017
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'day18_Back_home_kitchen'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "script4.rpyc", line 3182, in script
File "C:\GOG Games\AWAM-0.100-pc\1 GAME FOLDER\renpy\ast.py", line 1697, in execute
rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
File "C:\GOG Games\AWAM-0.100-pc\1 GAME FOLDER\renpy\script.py", line 898, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'day18_Back_home_kitchen'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
A Wife And Mother Vers. 0.100 0.100
Sat Sep 12 14:53:46 2020

I got error yhat looks like im missing a part of game. Someone got fix of this? I stuck on it..
Same.. someone knows how to fix it?

Wallbound

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 26, 2019
So is there a workaround the day 18 error or a hotfix? Or do you have to start over and that fixes the error? I really hate to have to start from the beginning again.

Knut Wuchtig

Apr 19, 2018
I have fixed the day18_Back_home_kitchen error but there are more errors.
After the yoga session:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred. 

While running game code: 
  File "game/script4.rpy", line 9562, in script 
    if day18_Dylan_watches_women_showering: 
  File "game/script4.rpy", line 9562, in <module> 
NameError: name 'day18_Dylan_watches_women_showering' is not defined 

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------ 

Full traceback: 
  File "game/script4.rpy", line 9562, in script 
  File "/home/peter/game/AWAM-0.100-pc/1 GAME FOLDER/renpy/ast.py", line 1832, in execute 
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition): 
  File "/home/peter/game/AWAM-0.100-pc/1 GAME FOLDER/renpy/python.py", line 2059, in py_eval 
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals) 
  File "/home/peter/game/AWAM-0.100-pc/1 GAME FOLDER/renpy/python.py", line 2052, in py_eval_bytecode 
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals) 
  File "game/script4.rpy", line 9562, in <module> 
NameError: name 'day18_Dylan_watches_women_showering' is not defined 

Linux-2.6.32-754.25.1.el6.centos.plus.x86_64-x86_64-with-centos-6.10-Final 
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606 
A Wife And Mother Vers. 0.100 0.100 
Sat Sep 12 17:15:27 2020

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes