Bane71

Apr 21, 2020
I know this is considered a slow burn with a lot of teasing stuff, which I don't mind, however I'm curious if it ever really goes beyond?
If the game is not abandoned, then it will definitely go far enough along many routes about which there are only hints now.
Another thing is that it will take quite a long time to wait for this.

Kame-Sennin

Engaged Member
Aug 29, 2017
Why can't I trigger the Sam & Sophia new scenes when I started a new game without saves from part 1 but answered questions that Sophia interested in Sam

• Angry
Reactions: Rikis

tanrgith

Mar 16, 2020
If the game is not abandoned, then it will definitely go far enough along many routes about which there are only hints now.
Another thing is that it will take quite a long time to wait for this.
So even in part 2 there's not really anything beyond teasing yet?

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020
So even in part 2 there's not really anything beyond teasing yet?
Not quite like that! The plots move much further, for example, with Sam, Sophia brings herself to orgasm.
You just have to understand that the author does not arrange a celebration of universal fucking, he leads the player to fuck gradually.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Hi!
Since a heatedly discussed topic which goes on throughout the development of AWAM is the development times, how fast or slow the progress of AWAM is.
I have some interesting new points. Oceanlab, the dev of "Where it all began" and "Summer´s gone", talked a bit about life as a single person game developer.
The important thing about his speech is this: In the beginning he underestimated how much impact even hobby development had on his life, how close to burnout he was and that he worked 12-14 hours daily on his 2 games but still had far less output to show than today.
He recognised that something had to change and that was a) his mindset and b) to start developing games the smart, efficient way. For one of his early chapters it took him 9 months to produce 1400 renders (of considerable quality, while inferior to his current pics even his old ones outshine many other games on site), the current youngest update released not long ago took 3(!) months for 1520 renders of even higher quality plus several animations! And he works on both games.

An interesting tidbit about that: These two chapters (old and new) were made on the same render PC, his hardware had not changed. But he will upgrade his render machine soon, because becoming efficient and effective lets Ocean create pics faster than his current PC can render! What an upswing from muddying through at first.
For comparison:
Old render (early development chapter)

And a new render (not the same person, just to show the quality jump)

It is obvious Oceanlab learned the right lessons. He got faster, he makes gorgegous renders and works on two games.
It remains to be seen if L&P can do the same just for AWAM. I doubt it, because L&P becomes only slower.
I don't think it's a good idea to even mention a second game to L&P.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
I don't think it's a good idea to even mention a second game to L&P.
That is why I wrote it remains to be seen if L&P can do the same JUST for AWAM.;):) L&P and a second game? Heaven help, the heat death of the universe will be sooner.

• Haha
Reactions: Bane71

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020
Hi!
Since a heatedly discussed topic which goes on throughout the development of AWAM is the development times, how fast or slow the progress of AWAM is.
I have some interesting new points. Oceanlab, the dev of "Where it all began" and "Summer´s gone", talked a bit about life as a single person game developer.
The important thing about his speech is this: In the beginning he underestimated how much impact even hobby development had on his life, how close to burnout he was and that he worked 12-14 hours daily on his 2 games but still had far less output to show than today.
He recognised that something had to change and that was a) his mindset and b) to start developing games the smart, efficient way. For one of his early chapters it took him 9 months to produce 1400 renders (of considerable quality, while inferior to his current pics even his old ones outshine many other games on site), the current youngest update released not long ago took 3(!) months for 1520 renders of even higher quality plus several animations! And he works on both games.

An interesting tidbit about that: These two chapters (old and new) were made on the same render PC, his hardware had not changed. But he will upgrade his render machine soon, because becoming efficient and effective lets Ocean create pics faster than his current PC can render! What an upswing from muddying through at first.
For comparison:
Old render (early development chapter)

And a new render (not the same person, just to show the quality jump)

It is obvious Oceanlab learned the right lessons. He got faster, he makes gorgegous renders and works on two games.
It remains to be seen if L&P can do the same just for AWAM. I doubt it, because L&P becomes only slower.
Greetings to you! A wonderful post.
It is quite obvious that L&P faced many problems that he did not even suspect when starting work on the AWAM project, this is a fact.
Personally, I think that despite the fact that 5 years have already passed, he still has time to find solutions and techniques that will allow him to reduce the development time of the game.
The biggest and unsolvable problem, in my opinion, which also increases the development time of the game, is the burnout effect.
Despite the fact that L&P does not complain constantly and does not appeal to the public justifying delays by the burnout effect, I know that it faces this problem.
Of course, this is a very strong factor that affects different creators in completely different ways. But for me personally, this is a big problem.
Sometimes there is a plot in my head and a practically formed plan for writing a story, but once started, it is extremely difficult to finish the job. While writing, from time to time I take breaks in search of inspiration to continue writing.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Greetings to you! A wonderful post.
It is quite obvious that L&P faced many problems that he did not even suspect when starting work on the AWAM project, this is a fact.
Personally, I think that despite the fact that 5 years have already passed, he still has time to find solutions and techniques that will allow him to reduce the development time of the game.
The biggest and unsolvable problem, in my opinion, which also increases the development time of the game, is the burnout effect.
Despite the fact that L&P does not complain constantly and does not appeal to the public justifying delays by the burnout effect, I know that it faces this problem.
Of course, this is a very strong factor that affects different creators in completely different ways. But for me personally, this is a big problem.
Sometimes there is a plot in my head and a practically formed plan for writing a story, but once started, it is extremely difficult to finish the job. While writing, from time to time I take breaks in search of inspiration to continue writing.
Thank you!
I agree that after this long development time a burnout effect surely is in the background. And burnout, a not free head or writer´s block is nasty, I know that myself as a hobby writer. There are days where the ideas just flow onto paper, days were it goes ok and days where even the most relaxed feeling does not help at all. You have the ideas, but it does not want to get on paper the way it should, no matter what.

And here I think L&P must change tact if he wants to finish this game at all. He needs to get more effective, because this effectiveness helps fighting burnout, because your mind knows it will go nicely and not being a sluggish mud bath to grind out a render. Ocean was in a similar situation and he turned the momentum in his favour. His example shows that it can be done. We´ll see how L&P goes on.

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020
Thank you!
I agree that after this long development time a burnout effect surely is in the background. And burnout, a not free head or writer´s block is nasty, I know that myself as a hobby writer. There are days where the ideas just flow onto paper, days were it goes ok and days where even the most relaxed feeling does not help at all. You have the ideas, but it does not want to get on paper the way it should, no matter what.

And here I think L&P must change tact if he wants to finish this game at all. He needs to get more effective, because this effectiveness helps fighting burnout, because your mind knows it will go nicely and not being a sluggish mud bath to grind out a render. Ocean was in a similar situation and he turned the momentum in his favour. His example shows that it can be done. We´ll see how L&P goes on.
I'm talking about burnout precisely as an amateur writer, no more, and you're right, it can be very nasty. Unfortunately, for me personally, sometimes it takes too long to find inspiration to continue.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
I'm talking about burnout precisely as an amateur writer, no more, and you're right, it can be very nasty. Unfortunately, for me personally, sometimes it takes too long to find inspiration to continue.
Yes, for us hobby writers it is ugly, but if the inspiration does not come back, we can shelf the project, for a time or forever. It won´t kill us or so as sad we might be. It is different for those creating for money.

DIRTY FILTHY Animal

Formerly 'DIRTY Filthy RAT'
Jun 11, 2020
Thank you!

Also I don’t think it helps him to go back and rerender everything from the beginning of the game
(yes it looks brighter and sharper)
but it’s not needed
and then he’s probly going over and nitpicking some of his texts & changing that as well.
It’s too much, just go forward and not back to the past,
but he’s not alone,
sadly more and more devs are doing this remake or reboot which usually breaks their code and needs a fresh restart

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes