armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Sometimes sex content doesnot really make a game.It also depends on tension,''build up'',story,...
So i think this game deserves 8k
You know I wonder why DS goal in patreon goes to 40K per month.He surely can't expect the people are eager to give him that much money for almost nothing in the last 5 months.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
Sorry, do you need to pay taxes and pension for a VN???
depends on what country you are in. in my country, any income (accumulated from "all" sources) that exceeds 2500$ a year will be taxed. pensions, insurances, holiday allowance and other are payed by the employer. in this case we don't have any, so he need to plan this himself. as a employee you never need to trouble yourself with all this. you think 8k is a lot, sure, if untaxed and without any holiday/pension plan. (the plan is about 30% of the salary, so if you have a salary of 4000$ (before taxes), the employer pays 1200$ to the state) as for holiday allowance is about 12% of the salary, so if 4000$, we get 480$ a mouth for that. so 8000$ with a 35% tax+pension+holiday he will have around 3k month.

Reactions: kiteares

kiteares

Nov 15, 2017
Sorry, do you need to pay taxes and pension for a VN???
If you want to abide by the law, the tax is a requirement or at least take it into consideration.

8k a monts allows you to hire assistance under supervision especially an novice thats willing to learn more. Just give the guy some credits on the game and he will make a name for himself in the future or maybe hisnown game who knows.
Again, depends on how much they want to abide by the law.
With employees come responsibilties.
In the UK (I know someone said they are German, but I don't know German law) you must:
have a minimum of £5M employer's liability insurance, probably at least £100/month.
pay a minimum wage depending on age 21-24 yo currently £7.38/hour
pay employers National Insurance always too much
pay pension contributions at least for the employee
These are bare minimums. Realistically an individual is less likely to have the knowledge, experience or time to manage the payroll side of things, so it will cost to get someone to do it for them. If they are going by the law, then an accountant is probably a good idea.
Do you want them at your home? If not you will need office space £250/month +
In the UK a turnover of over £73K required VAT registration and a whole new can of worms. Suddenly, £8K a month if they take a £3K salary from it doesn't seem so much.
Don't get me wrong, £8K should be enough to get someone, but there is far more involved than just employing them, if you want to abide by the law. Also, even employing an accountant means time taken dealing with them and the administration of the business.

Reactions: Erros

titokm10

Aug 15, 2017
depends on what country you are in. in my country, any income (accumulated from "all" sources) that exceeds 2500$ a year will be taxed. pensions, insurances, holiday allowance and other are payed by the employer. in this case we don't have any, so he need to plan this himself. as a employee you never need to trouble yourself with all this. you think 8k is a lot, sure, if untaxed and without any holiday/pension plan.
That is absurd most countries you can earn around $15000 a year without having to pay tax , if you dont mind me asking which country are you from??? I would love to read what taxtion laws they have there

titokm10

Aug 15, 2017
If you want to abide by the law, the tax is a requirement or at least take it into consideration.

In the UK (I know someone said they are German, but I don't know German law) you must:
have a minimum of £5M employer's liability insurance, probably at least £100/month.
These are bare minimums. Realistically an individual is less likely to have the knowledge, experience or time to manage the payroll side of things, so it will cost to get someone to do it for them. If they are going by the law, then an accountant is probably a good idea.
In the UK a turnover of over £73K required VAT registration and a whole new can of worms. Suddenly, £8K a month if they take a £3K salary from it doesn't seem so much.
Don't get me wrong, £8K should be enough to get someone, but there is far more involved than just employing them, if you want to abide by the law. Also, even employing an accountant means time taken dealing with them and the administration of the business.
Do you really believe a developer of a visual novel is gonna declare this to the taxation office

ok im sorry but i have to say do you really believe he is gonna open a business to add an assistnt on the payroll?

kiteares

Nov 15, 2017
That is absurd most countries you can earn around $15000 a year without having to pay tax , if you dont mind me asking which country are you from??? I would love to read what taxtion laws they have there
I might be wrong, but @baka may well have have meant $2500 per month, but I am often wrong :)

Do you really believe a developer of a visual novel is gonna declare this to the taxation office
ok im sorry but i have to say do you really believe he is gonna open a business to add an assistnt on the payroll?
I refer you back to the 1st line in my post - "If you want to abide by the law". I was only trying to highlight some of the costs involved in employing someone, legally.
At $8k per month that's just short of $100k per year, not an insignificant amount that could well draw the interest of the tax man.

One site I used to design 3d avatar outfits for bought me in enough to cover my subscription plus some. I was more than happy to leave this in my online account to pay for in game stuff. If I had wanted to withdraw it, they issued a tax form with the payment, it was an American form and I never got it, so I can't remember what it was, but as I understand it, the other part of the form went to the US IRS.

Pateron and Paypal will want to remain above board so will happily share all payment info with the tax man if when requested. Also in the UK the tax man gets a summary of 1/4 of all bank accounts every year over a 4 year rotation. To avoid tax here is called fraud and can result in 7 years in prison.

I think a dev will need to be REALLY careful when they have an income above a few hundred a month, maybe upto $1000. What they actually do is totally upto them and none of my concern.

titokm10

Aug 15, 2017
I might be wrong, but @baka may well have have meant $2500 per month, but I am often wrong :)

I refer you back to the 1st line in my post - "If you want to abide by the law". I was only trying to highlight some of the costs involved in employing someone, legally.
At $8k per month that's just short of $100k per year, not an insignificant amount that could well draw the interest of the tax man.

One site I used to design 3d avatar outfits for bought me in enough to cover my subscription plus some. I was more than happy to leave this in my online account to pay for in game stuff. If I had wanted to withdraw it, they issued a tax form with the payment, it was an American form and I never got it, so I can't remember what it was, but as I understand it, the other part of the form went to the US IRS.

Pateron and Paypal will want to remain above board so will happily share all payment info with the tax man if when requested. Also in the UK the tax man gets a summary of 1/4 of all bank accounts every year over a 4 year rotation. To avoid tax here is called fraud and can result in 7 years in prison.

I think a dev will need to be REALLY careful when they have an income above a few hundred a month, maybe upto $1000. What they actually do is totally upto them and none of my concern.
All good i understood what you said but the $2500 was crazy, also i know you are trying to explain to me the right way it should be done and i agree on that. Its just that the reality most tines is different and i see this 8k like the whole 8k not before or after tax. I might be wrong only the dev knows. But trust me no body is gonna open a business to get some help in their visual novel and pay all the employee rights. Dont you think so?.

Reactions: kiteares

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
no its 2500$ a year. crazy but that how it is. this apply to "Sweden".
but we are talking 8000x11=88k (if he plans 1 month holiday) so 88k a year and im sure he can't evade taxes in any country for that amount.

maybes4

Dec 5, 2017
8k is a possible goal the dev can reach in future.He just give more update to patrons

titokm10

Aug 15, 2017
no its 2500$ a year. crazy but that how it is. this apply to "Sweden".
but we are talking 8000x11=88k (if he plans 1 month holiday) so 88k a year and im sure he can't evade taxes in any country for that amount.
Ok that makes sense now @baka from what i heard of Sweden it is a very organized and succesful country please correct me if im wrong.
The tax laws are very strict there but taxes are necessary to make the country improve.

Blockout

Mar 26, 2017
Let's not get into his wallet... Mabe for some people 8k looks pretty much
Because it is.

That is 6793,77€/month 81525,24€/year before taxes.
Average income in Germany 2017: 3441€
Median income in Germany 2017: 2990€ <- If you earn this much money you earn more money than 65% of all working people in Germany.

So yeah, 6797,77€/month before taxes is quite a lot of money. He could hire a team mate and give him half of that money and would still be doing quite good.

As I see it, and as the dev said before, this project is time consuming and takes more than 10 hours a day, maybe even more.
And? Many people in Germany work 10 hours a day. Just ask in any warehouse. The people there often earn less than 2000€/month (or 1400 for the temporary workers) for physical labour.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
you fail to mention Employer social security tax:

sure in Germany its 19.38, so 2990€ actually means 3569€. you also failed to mention holiday allowance, so that you can take vacation. in Sweden 12%, not sure Germany. but lets say 10%. we are up to 3868€. are there any separate medical insurances? in Sweden its all-in-one, but we do have 31.42% so its higher then 19.38% you got. but i agree 6793€ is a lot, but people need to understand its not just 8000$ clean salary thats the reason of this discussion. if we just discuss the amount 8000$ its very good and i think its greedy if he think he can't work with less.

Blockout

Mar 26, 2017
you fail to mention Employer social security tax:

sure in Germany its 19.38, so 2990€ actually means 3569€. you also failed to mention holiday allowance, so that you can take vacation. in Sweden 12%, not sure Germany. but lets say 10%. we are up to 3868€. are there any separate medical insurances? in Sweden its all-in-one, but we do have 31.42% so its higher then 19.38% you got. but i agree 6793€ is a lot, but people need to understand its not just 8000$ clean salary thats the reason of this discussion. if we just discuss the amount 8000$ its very good and i think its greedy if he think he can't work with less.
There is only one problem with that. With a chance of 99,99% he is not self-employed.
So all of these numbers are irrelevant. He's probably employed at some company that takes care of all the social security taxes.

So we aren't even talking about ~6800€ before taxes. Nah that's 6800€ on paypal/cryptocurrency.

gramaton

May 16, 2017
why DMD and BB was so profitable and popular? because they have a solid release dates. updates every months, almost without delay. Look at Man of the House, update every 2 weeks and in less than a year, he achieved success both in popularity and in sponsorship.

dev of WM just need to stick to fast updates, without delays.

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
I swore I wouldn't get back into this, but - people! Stop doing analyses on $8K per month. He's making a little over $2,700.

Reactions: Belaja smert

Belaja smert

Dec 28, 2017
8K a month? Holy.... Now i hate my job :WutFace:
He still does not get $ 2.5K, Patreon took his own X%. here in Europe there are as many different income taxes that will bring that game rating when it comes to income. The worst is Estonia for all income the same % came to 1€ or 1 billion euro. In Finland, 2K € goes to 7-8%.

Reactions: saolo996

Luzifer22

Oct 16, 2017
Does that just happen to me, or does Sophia get paler when you just play "Filthy"? Because she also seems more and more thoughtful.

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes