Poser_Voyeur

Nov 14, 2020
We still have the Sam concert and the horse riding event and they could turn out to be very big events.
And that's the thing, for me at least. Those two are supposed to big events. And both are events which we hope and believe will be important stepping stones in the overall storyline. So we expect there to be a lot of renders for those events and naturally more renders will mean longer update time. That is fine.

I can't speak for others, but it looks like I am not the only person who would have previously loyally defended AWAM from all the Trolls, who was disappointed that such a short update would not only have so many renders, but that announcement made as if that was in itself good news, not the poor focus and lack of planning/timetables that it reveals.

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020
Yes I agree.
But it could change not for the motorcycle itself but maybe if something happens during the ride (provided there is a ride) that she might enjoy.
After all it has been hinted several times from her inner thoughts or dialogues that back in the days she was the kind of girl who had hots for the teacher or for the guy(s) playing in a band. She might have a little bit of teenager regression seeing that young boys are interested in her (and her husband is lacking attentions for her).
But yes it would be strange she get impressed by the bike (or later on by Sam's car).
)) It's not the bike itself, but the event and Aiden's behavior
"Stockholm syndrome" - have you heard? This is when the hostages go over to the side of the terrorists. I mean something like that. Although Sofia is a victim in front of the blackmailer Aiden, but some events can make an impression on her.
Plus sexual overtones. She begins to like the actions that she is forced to perform, etc.

Reactions: Poser_Voyeur

Poser_Voyeur

Nov 14, 2020
This is nonsense !
On the other hand, and it is recognized:
The twitching on the spine of a horse can cause vibrations in Sophia's pussy, add the rubbing and it can give something nice
I am sure that our dear Patricia will not fail to point out to her;)
I had initially read that comment as a bestiality fan in TOTALLY the wrong game for that particular fetish.
But then I remembered that of course in a upcoming event, Sophia is going horse riding with Patricia.
And them suddenly the comment made a bit more sense.

What if seeing that made Sophia flustered, and (Inwardly) a little bit turned on, so despite her protestations she might be more receptive to what ever teasing that Sophia has got planned.

Or, probably more likely, we are yet again overanalysing everything to fill in the void between updates!! :) :)

xxxorro

Jan 18, 2021
Woah...kinda overthinking. She's at the bridal dress event...Aiden stops by and drops off a "bag". Pretty clear to me Sophia will have to take bag inside, try clothing on in dressing room, and txt message image...why do I assume this?

Sophia has "fought back" at every step of the way during her tasks. In the 1st task she wore a button-down shirt w/o bra and Aiden made her unbutton it. In the 2nd task she showed Aiden and Andre her underwear, and made Andre take off his hat, before Aiden made her show the entire class her underwear.

3rd task Sophia will send the picture without her face in it...Aiden will make her "pay" for that no doubt. That is probably why the 4th task is the very next morning...as Sophia's refusal to "submit" will cost her in some way.

Looking forward :]
Few posts after that I also recalled the picture/video scenario inside the shop which was another likely scenario before today.
I guess we all got excited and carried away (speculation-wise) with the new teaser and the title given by L&P hinting the ride with Dylan.
You make a good point too and put it that way it is also another likely scenario. The picture/stream in the shop could still happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: hmc15

Poser_Voyeur

Nov 14, 2020
Third task they go the watch a movie. :ROFLMAO:
THATS why it so many renders!! Because L&P felt he had to render EVERY scene in the film, including the starting commercials and ending credits, for the artistic integrity of the scene. And plus he had to work on altering each scene to get the lighting within the cinema just right!!

:)

xxxorro

Jan 18, 2021
"Stockholm syndrome" - have you heard? This is when the hostages go over to the side of the terrorists. I mean something like that. Although Sofia is a victim in front of the blackmailer Aiden, but some events can make an impression on her.
Plus sexual overtones. She begins to like the actions that she is forced to perform, etc.
Yes but it's already the case isn't it? The first 2 tasks were embarrassing but at the same time Sophia herself said (or better thought) that it was fun to tease the students. Same with Sam and with Dylan. What I was saying is that maybe this teasing thing and the facts that she's getting attention can change her attitude in general, and then in the case of the motorcycle ride she can enjoy whatever happens, be it flashing or something else that is going to happen with Aiden. And that will push her to change her view on Aiden or even turning the table on him at some point.

Reactions: Bane71

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020
In general I would agree with you, and to be honest this probably applies to virtually every developer that get any sort of criticism of his product.
But there were two specific things that irritated me personally in his Patreon update that was published a couple of days ago:
1) The escalation of number of renders for what was supposed to be a small quick event
2) The fact that he was not only spending 30 minutes tweaking a single individual render but was moreover proud of it as progress in his never ending quest for ceaseless perfection.

I want L&P, and in fact ALL developers, tell the story that THEY were inspired to tell. And yes that involves him doing some renders that I might personally thunk are superfluous. But my opinion does NOT matter, and that's fine.

But it feels like L&P has reacted to criticism of too many superfluous renders and too much time tinkering with each render to end up creating yet MORE unnecessary renders and spending EVEN MORE time on renders.

I don't want L&P to radically change what he does, because then it would be the same AWAM that I suspect many of us have grown to love. But it would be nice if he said he would TRY to focus more when planning renders for scene and TRY to not spend quite as long on tweaking each render. But he is not doing that.....
But it was probably in order to tell the story that he needed a larger number of renderers. I don't think that he increases their number simply because he likes his own renderers, it just becomes necessary.

XaGnard

Aug 11, 2018
Maybe not so fine?
1 update = 1/3 day
3 updates/year: 1 year = 1 day
15+ playable days left = 15+ years of development.
That is exactly L&P problem. In fact, even if his progress would be twice as fast as it is currently he still would need an unrealistic long development time.

It is also to be expected that the progress of the game will be delayed even further. I am almost certain that a 1/4 game day cycle will be announced soon. :oops:

xxxorro

Jan 18, 2021
And that's the thing, for me at least. Those two are supposed to big events. And both are events which we hope and believe will be important stepping stones in the overall storyline. So we expect there to be a lot of renders for those events and naturally more renders will mean longer update time. That is fine.
I'm worried about the horse riding event, if it is really a horse ride outdoor in the nature we will never see the end of it, with all those squirrels, pigeons and whatnot that he will have to include and not to mention the giant outdoor scene... :LOL:

Last edited:

Poser_Voyeur

Nov 14, 2020
Yes I agree.
But it could change not for the motorcycle itself but maybe if something happens during the ride (provided there is a ride) that she might enjoy.
After all it has been hinted several times from her inner thoughts or dialogues that back in the days she was the kind of girl who had hots for the teacher or for the guy(s) playing in a band. She might have a little bit of teenager regression seeing that young boys are interested in her (and her husband is lacking attentions for her).
But yes it would be strange she get impressed by the bike (or later on by Sam's car).
I don't think the bike in itself would change Sophia's impression of Aiden. But it might be a small step in the journey to her having a more positive impression of him. And one that threshold has been reached, then we are on the way to Sophia wanting to do these tasks rather than being forced into do so.

Poser_Voyeur

Nov 14, 2020
But it was probably in order to tell the story that he needed a larger number of renderers. I don't think that he increases their number simply because he likes his own renderers, it just becomes necessary.
And I understand that. And I have seen other developers here on forums expressing just that. Stoper comes to mind with JOHN - you know beforehand what are the outlines of the story you want to tell but it takes longer than initially expected t get that storyline across. I am afraid that I am useless with my memory, but a couple of days back Alley_Cat posted his initial expected breakdown which had already included a 50 render buffer to allow for that very problem.

If L&P is going to take 690 renders to tell what was intended to be a short update, and be proud of that fact, then how long are the big updates going to be. What odds are there that we get a 4 figure render count for one of those 2 big updates likes Sam's Concert or horse riding with Patricia.

And that is why all I am asking of L&P is to be more focussed, plan the storyline better beforehand, especially important with the myriad of story options that we are heading towards, and likewise trying to be more focused on his rendering - spend time with each render- sure - that's part of what makes his work so beautiful, but crucially knowing when to stop.

Is it wrong to articulate that hope that L&P learns over time how to be more efficient and structured and focussed?

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
I don't think the bike in itself would change Sophia's impression of Aiden. But it might be a small step in the journey to her having a more positive impression of him. And one that threshold has been reached, then we are on the way to Sophia wanting to do these tasks rather than being forced into do so.
Aiden is a rich shit, may be something that impresses but not in a town like San Alejo with lots of rich people. It would be interesting in countries with an average annual income of 3000-5000$.
Sophie's car ( a Range Rover more than 100.000€ ) is worth 3x/4x Aiden's bike.

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
And I understand that. And I have seen other developers here on forums expressing just that. Stoper comes to mind with JOHN - you know beforehand what are the outlines of the story you want to tell but it takes longer than initially expected t get that storyline across. I am afraid that I am useless with my memory, but a couple of days back Alley_Cat posted his initial expected breakdown which had already included a 50 render buffer to allow for that very problem.

If L&P is going to take 690 renders to tell what was intended to be a short update, and be proud of that fact, then how long are the big updates going to be. What odds are there that we get a 4 figure render count for one of those 2 big updates likes Sam's Concert or horse riding with Patricia.

And that is why all I am asking of L&P is to be more focussed, plan the storyline better beforehand, especially important with the myriad of story options that we are heading towards, and likewise trying to be more focused on his rendering - spend time with each render- sure - that's part of what makes his work so beautiful, but crucially knowing when to stop.

Is it wrong to articulate that hope that L&P learns over time how to be more efficient and structured and focussed?
I agree with Poser_Voyeur, L&P needs to be more focused and have better organization in the planning of events so unlike the prison visit he will not do an extra 70 renders that he had not counted on.
The game is beautiful but he is not doing the game or himnself any good if he keeps on adding renders

Poser_Voyeur

Nov 14, 2020
Aiden is a rich shit, may be something that impresses but not in a town like San Alejo with lots of rich people. It would be interesting in countries with an average annual income of 3000-5000$.
Sophie's car ( a Range Rover more than 100.000€ ) is worth 3x/4x Aiden's bike.
No - I don't mean the value of the car. I just mean the bike making Aiden a bit of a bad boy, the whole danger of speed being appealing. We know that Sophia had a wilder side when she was younger, before she met and fell in love with Liam. The bike might take her back to those moments in the same way as Sam's concert, as was pointed out previously a couple of posts before mine. This will cue some inner monologues of Sophia wistfully remembering her wild child days.

That in itself is not going to lead to sex. But is part of the whole process of Sophia learning how to loosen up again after so long putting others needs in front of hers (as the titular wide and mother). Just another little step to where we all want Sophia to get to.

hzjujk

Sep 19, 2020
Shit, do I really want to see this? Some kind of Stockholm Syndrome? A woman who forgets everything she has learned in her life? Because of a sick bastard?
That only works if she doesn't know a way out. But she has! And she has emotional alternatives with Alyssa and Sam. For me that has no emotional logic.
But what do I know what the developer is planning. Maybe you are right about your fiber dream.

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
No - I don't mean the value of the car. I just mean the bike making Aiden a bit of a bad boy, the whole danger of speed being appealing. We know that Sophia had a wilder side when she was younger, before she met and fell in love with Liam. The bike might take her back to those moments in the same way as Sam's concert, as was pointed out previously a couple of posts before mine. This will cue some inner monologues of Sophia wistfully remembering her wild child days.

That in itself is not going to lead to sex. But is part of the whole process of Sophia learning how to loosen up again after so long putting others needs in front of hers (as the titular wide and mother). Just another little step to where we all want Sophia to get to.
Yes, think of James dean.If Sophia does go for a ride it will be another bad boy image in her head like with Larry but without the sex fantasy.
Another exciting event in her otherwise boring mundane life/marriage,who knows, if she does go for a ride with Aiden will she get aroused by the feeling of the engine vibrating between her thighs

Last edited:

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020

I understand you and agree with you!
L&P has some false presets. Like, bringing his story closer to reality.
The same goes for updates. He wants the update to populate all routes. And then someone will not be interested if his favorite storyline does not have a continuation during the update!
I think this is his wrong approach.

For example, if he posted an update without Sam's tonight event, that would be fine for everyone! An evening with Sam can be one small, separate update. I don't see anything wrong with that.

That is, it is not so important whether the update includes all the storylines or not, the main thing is that the updates come out faster.

Reactions: Poser_Voyeur

hzjujk

Sep 19, 2020
"a more positive impression of him." I hope not. She can do the job, she can even do the job and have fun doing it, but never like him for it.

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes