GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
I can't even imagine what will happen here, given the development of the plot, especially since the number of renders is surprising, don't you think ? moreover, he is betting on these events
View attachment 1144191
He's betting heavily on this event, and that's not good because frankly I find this image disturbing. I'm not playing this route, so I don't have any experience with these characters, bu based on their design and the room they're in, these aren't teenagers- they look like tweens (for you non English speakers, a "tween" is someone who is around 10 to 13 years old).

I don't know where he's going with this story and I know that Dylan, Ellie, and Sam already raise eyebrows, but this looks like a whole new level of red flag.

Nov 13, 2020
It isn't that he will just suddenly abandon AWAM, it's that he'll drift away as the creative drive wanes. This is partly why I'll never accuse him of milking his Patrons, some creators will string their patrons along indefinitely with the explicit intent of milking as much money from them as possible. Look at a creator like GumDrop Games which went years and years without ever releasing the next part of their game, all the while collecting thousands of dollars a month from Patrons. I can't see L&P doing that; but what I can see is him shutting the game down abruptly. If he reaches the point where he's no longer enjoying the pressure of creating the game, and releases are dragging out to five, six, seven+ months, I think L&P will reach a point where the money isn't worth it to him to continue; and he'll look for a new project. He's an artist, and as great as the money is I don't think he'll want to collect money while putting out a substandard product or something that he isn't enjoying. So I could see him going from four releases a year, down to three, and then two, and finally one before finally calling it quits. If he does call it quits, I imagine that he would give everyone a heads up that the game was ending and do his best to give it a (rushed) conclusion.
Geez, you just made me appreciate the fact that I don't live and breathe AWAM. My eleutheromania remains intact!

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
Indeed, if he worked 8-10 hours a day with 2 Titan RTX, we would still have animated scenes. It's even truer with 4 RTX 3090.
Right, and after 2-3 years of heavy use, I think he's pretty fast with DAZ.
Just can't come up with excuses like: it takes a lot of time to load my own lighting system when you have a Threadripper and 128 Ram.
I'm not saying he not a hardworker, but I am saying he distributes his tasks very judiciously.

Poser_Voyeur

Nov 14, 2020
So we have gone from a 500 render update (with 10% margin i.e. 50 renders to cover any unforeseen overflow) to 690 renders as per last week's L&P progress report) to now around 800 renders?

What odds do you give that we could soon be at 900 renders or even 1,000 renders for a supposed small update.....

I vented longer than I intended last time, I am no longer surprised. I am not angry, just disappointed!

Nov 13, 2020
He's betting heavily on this event, and that's not good because frankly I find this image disturbing. I'm not playing this route, so I don't have any experience with these characters, bu based on their design and the room they're in, these aren't teenagers- they look like tweens (for you non English speakers, a "tween" is someone who is around 10 to 13 years old).

I don't know where he's going with this story and I know that Dylan, Ellie, and Sam already raise eyebrows, but this looks like a whole new level of red flag.
Sophia was hired (second side job) by their very strict mom to teach her 'pre-teens' in certain subjects (I can't remember off-hand which ones). Pedophilia is not tagged in the genre. Just saying - without drawing conclusions or relying on supposition.

Last edited:

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
Today it should be able to output 15 renderings per day. And we are more at 5-6.
He can render 7/24. But creating and rendering only 5/6 is very little. That's mean he's working 3 hours/day.

For that, I totally agree with you, he must set his priorities, his objectives, his organization.

I think he's a hard worker, but when you get 7k a month there is a point where your priority goes to those who 'feed' you.
Right, but patrons are happy :giggle:

Reactions: Toushiro and m4pII

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
So we have gone from a 500 render update (with 10% margin i.e. 50 renders to cover any unforeseen overflow) to 690 renders as per last week's L&P progress report) to now around 800 renders?

What odds do you give that we could soon be at 900 renders or even 1,000 renders for a supposed small update.....

I vented longer than I intended last time, I am no longer surprised. I am not angry, just disappointed!
This is the first time I've seen confirmation of 800 renders. I don't even have the words to capture how utterly disheartening this has become.

Sophia was hired (second side job) by their very strict mom to teach her 'pre-teens' in certain subjects (I can't remember off-hand which ones). Pedophilia is not tagged in the genre. Just saying - without drawing conclusions or relying on supposition.
I mean, for what it's worth I can't imagine it would ever be tagged. But with that said, I have to hope that he wouldn't go down that road. It's just a red flag that we're seeing Sophia become more corrupted day by day, and then see her surrounded by kids that she needs to teach sex ed to, all while L&P promises that this storyline includes an event that he finds "freaking hot, but others may not agree." I really really really hope that I'm just overthinking this, but I would like to hear more from L&P on his plans for this route because I am nervous.

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
Sophia will not be the active part in the scenes, she will be the passive part, "aggressed", "attacked" one.

Old Dog

Formerly 'Old Sea Dog'
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
This is the first time I've seen confirmation of 800 renders. I don't even have the words to capture how utterly disheartening this has become.

I mean, for what it's worth I can't imagine it would ever be tagged. But with that said, I have to hope that he wouldn't go down that road. It's just a red flag that we're seeing Sophia become more corrupted day by day, and then see her surrounded by kids that she needs to teach sex ed to, all while L&P promises that this storyline includes an event that he finds "freaking hot, but others may not agree." I really really really hope that I'm just overthinking this, but I would like to hear more from L&P on his plans for this route because I am nervous.
occidental philosophy and thelogy are the subjects for the mother and I think the stuff that Sophia has to research.
1165957_Adsiz.png

restlez

Jan 20, 2018
It's just a red flag that we're seeing Sophia become more corrupted day by day, and then see her surrounded by kids that she needs to teach sex ed to, all while L&P promises that this storyline includes an event that he finds "freaking hot, but others may not agree." I really really really hope that I'm just overthinking this, but I would like to hear more from L&P on his plans for this route because I am nervous.
Maybe he will surprise us with a scenario beyond what we expect others might be thinking. Some good writing might make the wait seem not that bad.

Reactions: Bane71
Nov 13, 2020

Tagging pedophilia was a rhetorical comment knowing full well the platform would not allow it and I'm certain it would draw the attention of law enforcement. VN's, for the most part, are all about sexual exploitation and corruption of adults in some form or another. That's the lure that draws you in. Now, get your mind off the kids for the moment, and 'assume' if you will, that scenes with Sophia and the mom (maybe even with the mom's daughter, who is of age) might fall into the F or L routes. Get dirtier and think there might even be a mom and daughter swap. That would be 'freaking hot' to me but you may not agree. That's OK! That's the nature of the beast. And, it's all part of the AWAM journey! :)

Last edited:

Old Dog

Formerly 'Old Sea Dog'
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
Tagging pedophilia was a rhetorical comment knowing the platform would not allow it and I'm certain it would draw the attention of law enforcement. VN's, for the most part, are all about sexual exploitation and corruption of adults in some form or another. That's the lure that draws you in. Now, get your mind off the kids for the moment, and 'assume' if you will, that scenes with Sophia and the mom might fall into the F or L routes. That might be 'freaking hot' to me but you may not agree. That's OK! That's the nature of the beast. It's all part of the AWAM journey! :)
I have been thinking along the same lines as you and that the story is not so much about the kids home schooling but more about the mother/daughter.

3.20 star(s) 466 Votes