BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
He doesn't like handing over his work unless he supervises it personally. I guess he fears that someone may use his work for another purpose or claim it as their own. It's a trusting issue and concern he has.
Yeah makes sense that some dude is going to grab 43 pages of text that only fits a specific subset of an ongoing 4 years of plot and make something more of it apart from translating :ROFLMAO:

bayrischman

Feb 27, 2021
Yes, Elli's attitude towards her father is quite strange. She seems superficial and self-centered and her father is and wasn't a monster. He's often absent now, but that doesn't explain Elli's distance from her father. She does not react surprised or refuse that your mother is having sexual contact with Tyler right out of her eyes in the club. Everything, it seems, is subordinated to its own gain in pleasure. In her mind she seems to have already reached the point where the story is supposed to lead Sophia, no thought of the consequences. It all seems so exaggerated because we completely lack the temporal background of Elli.
ß
but.... maybe we,ll see you again soon? ON::: A FRIDAY OR SATURDAY?

Dr.SigmundFap

Engaged Member
Apr 23, 2017
Yeah makes sense that some dude is going to grab 43 pages of text that only fits a specific subset of an ongoing 4 years of plot and make something more of it apart from translating :ROFLMAO:
He's very protective of his work, and he doesn't want to share it with anyone, which I understand. But if you're going to work with people, you're going to have to take a level of risk and hope they are honest enough that they won't pawn off or use your work against you. L&P doesn't have to hand over the entire script to the translator if he is that concerned, but only have to hand over the current update version script. Also, I think it's more of an outline that some people are starting to believe as well which could be another reason why he wants to work with the translator directly. At this point, who knows...

• Hey there
Reactions: Lord_Xanatos

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
Ok, that’s again a long block of negative thoughts regarding some characters (mostly Dylan), so next time I ‘ll try to express some more positive traits or moment about him.
No, no, please do keep your thoughts about Dylan mostly negative.

Sabertooth__

Sep 23, 2020
Just to clarify, the reason for the twist given by L&p was not only that Dylan thought is mother had a midlife crisis but especially for himself. (That’s not the exact quote, but the author was basically telling us that the primary goal of Dylan and his deal with Aiden was for his own benefit first).

Yes, he didn’t know about Aiden tasks, but did he stops his mom when she goes to the principal ?
Did he tells her the truth was they have a discussion around the jacuzzi ?
Even though He sees how much stress she’s in...
Well no he’s perfectly happy that his plan is working despite the

No he reveals himself only when he has to suffer some consequences.(aka:being in boarding school).
And hop, a little apology later, Dylan is like :“okay I can come back home now?”.(the amount of guilt you can feel from him is close to zero)

What I don’t understand is that L&p waslike disappointed that for so many people, this painted Dylan in a bad light...
I mean, he was literally telling us that Dylan has no problem putting his mom through a fake blackmail (regardless if aware of the tasks or not) especially (I insist on that one) so he won’t have to bargain to have is mom dressed more sexy for himself,(so primarily for his own benefit) and he was surprised that after his explanation, many people were not seeing this as a nice gesture from Dylan ...(and I’m talking about many Dylan’s fans at the time not Dylan haters)

Ironically enough, the only “hint” of Dylan being behind the fake blackmail was at the bikini show event when Dylan is saying :“ Wow, I can’t believe that it worked...”
And during the same event Sophia is thinking something like :
“Dylan is the only man besides Liam who I feel safe and respected..”.:ROFLMAO:

Now the twist as been removed so all that doesn’t really matter anymore.

As for emotional manipulation,Dylan does it almost since the beginning of the game. Each time his mom doesn’t accept one of his requests, he put on a sad face or he makes puppy eyes and voila, mommy can’t help herself but agree to whatever he’s asking.(Everybody use that too their advantage but it’s mostly her 2 kids)

As for Dylan being upfront when someone talks about he’s mother...
I’m glad that we have Dylan internals thoughts (not that it was necessary for me).
At the end of the yoga event Dylan is thinking something like :“ I know it’s wrong but I would really love to have a threesome with mom and Patricia. Who I’m just a guy after all...”
So...he’s like every other guy in the game but that makes him more respectful and not a total hypocrite because...?

Now don’t get me wrong, even if I don’t like most of the Sophia/Dylan and Sophia/Ellie interactions, at least I’m still interested to see where it’s going.
I hope to see Dylan (and Ellie too) mature through the course of the game.
As for Sam, it’s not that I like or dislike him, it’s just that I feel nothing when I play most of his events.(negatively or positively).
When Sophia tells him near the beginning of the game, that one of her first crush was a musician, logically speaking I can understand why she’s a little attracted towards Sam.
Like I understand that 2+2=4
But that gives me zero emotion.

In fact, I think that, the more a character is present (besides Sophia) in this game, the less I like him...

Ok, that’s again a long block of negative thoughts regarding some characters (mostly Dylan), so next time I ‘ll try to express some more positive traits or moment about him.
Yes he partially does it because he would like to see her dress sexy as well. There is no denying that.
About seeing Sophia stressed, she literally does not even think about the aiden event outside of the events, there is the entire debt but except for the storyline it is not shown as something that is always on Sophia's mind. Every storyline is more or less not having an impact on her thoughts throughout the day. Why do you think he chose Aiden because even the principal can't do anything about him. Her being stressed is your logical conclusion not the reality of the game. So there was no need for him to tell anything. That's just like jumping into the well of your own will.
He is a kid at the end of the day. So asking for an apology when cornered is pretty normal, even adults do that. So that point really does not make Dylan a bad guy.

Many people didn't like it because they saw the story from Sophia's perspective in which she suffered because of Dylan's stupidity. From his perspective alone all he did was get his mother to dress sexy, nothing else. Also the route destroyed the future relationship if Dylan ( the most favourite character after Sophia) and Sophia, so ofcourse no one will like it.

You mentioning Dylan using sad faces and puppy eyes all time, care to sight teh instances. As far as I remember he tries to make deals and is just persistent in his demands and keep pestering Sophia NOT making sad faces to get what he wants, Sophia sees it as his curiosity because of his lack of gf, he doesn't emotionally blackmail her.

He is not respectable, no guy other than Liam and Maybe Carl , but just randomly saying that he would have a threesome vs. actively trying to play mind games and emotionally cornering someone into it is a huge difference. How is it being hypocrite I don't understand. He too wants to get close to Sophia, his approach is what is better than Sam's in terms of morality and not effectiveness. That's my point. Dylan is no saint, he is annoying

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
I hope so, because that means it's so far away as not to be of concern right now. I also believe that it will be optional. It's what Dylan does in the meantime that can't be avoided that polarises fans.
Next update will tell us how far he is.

roro

May 29, 2017
He's very protective of his work, and he doesn't want to share it with anyone, which I understand. But if you're going to work with people, you're going to have to take a level of risk and hope they are honest enough that they won't pawn off or use your work against you. L&P doesn't have to hand over the entire script to the translator if he is that concerned, but only have to hand over the current update version script. Also, I think it's more of an outline that some people are starting to believe as well which could be another reason why he wants to work with the translator directly. At this point, who knows...
We don't know for sure it's a translator helping him. All we know is an american from the U.S is helping him with the translation. He can also be just a proof reader...

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
We don't know for sure it's a translator helping him. All we know is an american from the U.S is helping him with the translation. He can also be just a proof reader...
From what I read here, there aren't too many convincing arguments against Deepl + red blooded American male with at least a college education and the ability to turn a phrase. The "translator" job, has been explained as a full time job for two weeks out of every twenty-four, which when you write it out is even more implausible than L&P's excuses for why it has to be that way. In the end, it's yet another blah blah blah noise to make the requirements outstrip reality.

So ... we wait and see.

Reactions: Alley_Cat

DIRTY FILTHY Animal

Formerly 'DIRTY Filthy RAT'
Jun 11, 2020
This scene is an intentional interruption on Patricia's part. She doesn't want to share Sophia with anyone else.
She could have gone back and left Sophia, but Patricia announces her presence.
View attachment 1200565
You don't have any scenes where Patricia kisses her partner, or any hugging. On the left is Patricia.
View attachment 1200581
With Patricia present at the concert, I think we will have something similar to the nightclub scene ( Patricia interrupts again, which would be very complicated for Sophia ) or the hot scene will be after Patricia leaves. Something like: Liam's asleep and Sophia's out in the backyard getting some air.
Patricia’s straight cock blocking, don’t bring her to Sams gig, if we have a choice

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
Went from needing a "German - > English" translator to needing a "better (than him) German -> English translator" to "an american from the U.S on my discord" :ROFLMAO:

Next update he'll start finding help for rendering and creating scenes.
Needs to be:
  1. proficient (>10000 hours) in daz
  2. Available to travel to L&P's house so he doesn't keep the files
  3. Also 100% blind so there's no chance of spoiling it

Poser_Voyeur

Nov 14, 2020
One of the reasons that people are insistent is that L&P has never really given a valid explanation as to why it won't work. He's gone into great detail about the issue with "mistakes", but that's not really a great reason. Any "mistakes" would originate from his work so he can't in good-faith blame the render farm (which it feels like he has tired to do). Secondly, if he has 1,000 renders and 10% of them have a "mistake" that's still 900 renders that came through quickly- he would save boatloads of time even if he needs to tweak the 10% that had a mistake.

So I feel like you're reading his explanation very literally, and it sounds reasonable if you do. But to me, I hear his reasons and they don't answer the question. To me, it sounds like a guy trying to find an excuse because he can't admit that he doesn't want to loosen his grip on the game. I think he really enjoys the tinkering.

At its most fundamental, I think most of us just doubt that his images are really that flawed to begin with. I would like to see some of his drafts/rejected images to see the difference. But if it's anything like the comparison he gave us between 1080 and 720, I think most of us would struggle to see the difference.

L&P could be a great artist. He could have a real future doing CG artwork. I don't know if that skillset translates into making a full VN.
Let's look at two examples of someone /drawing / painting in real life.
The first is someone at a fair that has to draw a quick sketch of passer by in, lets say 4 minutes.
The second is Michelangelo painting the Sistine Chapel in what I believe was four years.
Now lets imagine a spectrum in painting / drawing in which the quick sketcher is 0 and Michelango is 100.
If you took any artist, you may not be able to give them an exact score of 0-100 on this imagined scale, but you would have a rough idea of roughly which end of this imaginary scale they would fall.

Now let's look at rendering for adult VN/games. I am not saying that L&P is the Michelango or rendering of VN, but he is clearly more towards that end of the spectrum, in part because of the time and effort that he spends on each render.

Now you have renders at the other end of the scale - lets say NLT Media who are prolific in terms of speed of updates and speed of finishing a VN. I would describe the renders as adequate or sufficient - to tell the story that they want to tell in the speed they want to tell, and many readers are very happy with stories that these renders tell.

Many developers would sit somewhere in the middle of these two both in terms of quality and quantity.

The question is not whether L&P can produce stunning renders of gorgeous women with perfect framing and light effects.
It is that whether he can produce enough renders of high enough quality to tell the story he envisages in a number of years that is a short enough period of time that his Patreon supporters are happy.

(This why L&P is very careful not to directly answer any question of how long it will take him to finish the remaining 17 and a bit playable days. He either avoids the question, does nt answer it, or goes on the offensive as a deflection strategy).

For most developers, if they had a choice to spend fifteen minutes to get a render to 95% quality, or 30 minutes to get a render to 100% quality, they would choose the former, as they know the importance of getting a story told within a period of time. We all know that L&P would spend the extra time, with ever decreasing returns.

At the rate of recent updates, I fear that AWAM might be L&P's equivalent of Beethoven's 10th Symphony.....
An unfinished masterpiece, a story of what could have been.....

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
L&P's renders are very very good but let's not forget the ever present weird preset expressions where the MC doesn't even look the same, the clipping of legs on tables/chairs etc.
He's clearly at the top 5 in terms of scene creation/rendering, but it's not perfect. Also remember that the top devs aren't taking 2 hours to make a render.

Poser_Voyeur

Nov 14, 2020
Yes, Elli's attitude towards her father is quite strange. She seems superficial and self-centered and her father is and wasn't a monster. He's often absent now, but that doesn't explain Elli's distance from her father. She does not react surprised or refuse that your mother is having sexual contact with Tyler right out of her eyes in the club. Everything, it seems, is subordinated to its own gain in pleasure. In her mind she seems to have already reached the point where the story is supposed to lead Sophia, no thought of the consequences. It all seems so exaggerated because we completely lack the temporal background of Elli.
There are a few snippets in the dialogue that seem to suggest that Liam neglected to spend time with either Ellie or Dylan, not just since moving to San Alejo but beforehand.

Reactions: Talcum Powder
3.20 star(s) 461 Votes