wewlad

Aug 8, 2016
The only gameplay element I think the developer should consider , is more dialogue options.

The dialogue options weren't even that infrequent and playing it on Ren Py, it really showed me that there are a solid amount of choices to be made for such an early release. Superficial choices aren't always a bad thing as they add heavily to the immersive nature of the game.

It allows you to truly shape the Wife into what sort of a person she is. Not every choice needs to be meaningful from a mechanical standpoint (choice + consequence), some choices can be meaningful in a more superficial way.

Reactions: DudeDiabolos

Olivia_V

Jun 5, 2017
Having played both the RPGM and the Renpy version, here's what I think...

On the Engine Change

I've said that the RPGM version didn't maximize the use of that engine. This Renpy version is certainly more in line with the apparent vision of the developer. It looks gorgeous! I have nothing new to say about the high quality of the renders that I haven't already said. This protagonist is one of my favorites, looks wise. Here's a couple of concerns though...

First, the thing about Renpy is that, as a visual novel engine, the text is more dramatically exposed than in RPGM. That makes the awkward (and at times incomprehensible) English stand out even further. Cleaning it up is important if the dev wants to continue with Renpy. Maybe he can find someone to copy edit the work for free?

Second, while beautiful, the use of Renpy here is still somewhat inefficient. Most Renpy works go through the trivial aspects of the story by using a background and sliding reusable assets in and out to depict a dialogue exchange, saving big renders for the money scenes. This developer renders and puts up every individual scene (including a few that are just story bloat). This is sort of like how Ariane Barnes did "Date Ariane", but that game started out on HTML so I understand why. But in any case, I don't mind sacrificing efficiency for beauty (at least, not too much). However, if this continues to be the case, I hope the developer is open to that earlier suggestion to leave the game's files unpacked and unencrypted, so that updates can be patched in instead of having to download a massive file every time.

Let me just say a few things about RPGM, since it's been taking a beating here. Personally, I think this game's premise had more potential in RPGM than in Renpy. The strength of RPGM is that is creates a world to exist in. As a "wife gets corrupted" game, one can first establish the wife's routine in the world (home-school-home, for example), establish a few stats to raise (because... this is a game), and create various possibilities to raise stats and discover encounters. Maybe the player decides to break her routine of going back home and sexing up the hubby by staying late, and sees a pretty student all alone in a classroom. Or maybe the player decides to pop her into a new store and notices that the clerk is beautiful. (Sorry, I like them lesbian encounters...) All of these encounters can be optional and will require some exploration to find them. Think "The Humbling Experience", for example. But, it will require a developer willing to trust the player's grasp on the story he or she wants to experience, and let go of the rails. This developer's storytelling style (and not the type of game) is what makes Renpy the more compatible option, because this dev prefers to impose events and railroad a player through a story, with side branching to go through at the dev's discretion. Nothing wrong with that, and the story is still brimming with potential. I'd just like to give RPGM its due.

TL;DR: The switch to Renpy is good, but not without issue... and that it is the developer's storytelling style, and not the game type, that makes Renpy the more preferable option to RPGM.

PS

Might I suggest that the "Heart" button be more clearly seen? It's a bit difficult to find.

Also, does it strike anybody else as weird that a successful fashion designer capable of affording a large house and a 400 grand car still works like a Japanese salaryman? Most successful fashion designers I've seen are their own boss. This dude not only comes with an old man boss, but a "boss's daughter" to boot! Sounds more like a sales middle manager than a fashion designer...

Last one... can we get Julia as a romance option? Pretty please? :D

wewlad

Aug 8, 2016

On the Engine Change

I've said that the RPGM version didn't maximize the use of that engine. This Renpy version is certainly more in line with the apparent vision of the developer. It looks gorgeous! I have nothing new to say about the high quality of the renders that I haven't already said. This protagonist is one of my favorites, looks wise. Here's a couple of concerns though...

First, the thing about Renpy is that, as a visual novel engine, the text is more dramatically exposed than in RPGM. That makes the awkward (and at times incomprehensible) English stand out even further. Cleaning it up is important if the dev wants to continue with Renpy. Maybe he can find someone to copy edit the work for free?

Second, while beautiful, the use of Renpy here is still somewhat inefficient. Most Renpy works go through the trivial aspects of the story by using a background and sliding reusable assets in and out to depict a dialogue exchange, saving big renders for the money scenes. This developer renders and puts up every individual scene (including a few that are just story bloat). This is sort of like how Ariane Barnes did "Date Ariane", but that game started out on HTML so I understand why. But in any case, I don't mind sacrificing efficiency for beauty (at least, not too much). However, if this continues to be the case, I hope the developer is open to that earlier suggestion to leave the game's files unpacked and unencrypted, so that updates can be patched in instead of having to download a massive file every time.

Let me just say a few things about RPGM, since it's been taking a beating here. Personally, I think this game's premise had more potential in RPGM than in Renpy. The strength of RPGM is that is creates a world to exist in. As a "wife gets corrupted" game, one can first establish the wife's routine in the world (home-school-home, for example), establish a few stats to raise (because... this is a game), and create various possibilities to raise stats and discover encounters. Maybe the player decides to break her routine of going back home and sexing up the hubby by staying late, and sees a pretty student all alone in a classroom. Or maybe the player decides to pop her into a new store and notices that the clerk is beautiful. (Sorry, I like them lesbian encounters...) All of these encounters can be optional and will require some exploration to find them. Think "The Humbling Experience", for example. But, it will require a developer willing to trust the player's grasp on the story he or she wants to experience, and let go of the rails. This developer's storytelling style (and not the type of game) is what makes Renpy the more compatible option, because this dev prefers to impose events and railroad a player through a story, with side branching to go through at the dev's discretion. Nothing wrong with that, and the story is still brimming with potential. I'd just like to give RPGM its due.

TL;DR: The switch to Renpy is good, but not without issue... and that it is the developer's storytelling style, and not the game type, that makes Renpy the more preferable option to RPGM.

PS

Might I suggest that the "Heart" button be more clearly seen? It's a bit difficult to find.

Also, does it strike anybody else as weird that a successful fashion designer capable of affording a large house and a 400 grand car still works like a Japanese salaryman? Most successful fashion designers I've seen are their own boss. This dude not only comes with an old man boss, but a "boss's daughter" to boot! Sounds more like a sales middle manager than a fashion designer...

To be fa

On the Engine Change

PS

To be fair, a lot of the criticisms on the engine change, are due to the fact that he did move to a new engine. It's way to early to comment on the efficiency of his picture usage in Renpy. We have to wait for the 0.02 version to see how he adjusts to the engine.

Right now, it's just a 1:1 transition, so it's no surprise that an RPGMaker game doesn't look/feel as efficient on RenPy. It's just too soon to say.

I do agree with the rest though. RPGMaker did have more potential but at the same time, if he really was worried about the image limit, then Renpy was an inevitable move.

And also, RPGmaker games just don't sell as well as RenPy, so he'll be able to hit those Patron figures he clearly wants.

Hajime

May 7, 2017
What happens when you offer breakfast to the workers?
The foremen flirts with her; giving you the option of telling him/them her cup size. The daughter walks in with just a t-shirt and panties, and we get a very close up of her privates.

CobraPL

NTR PALADIN
Donor
Sep 3, 2016
@Lust&Passion about engine change - it may be good choice, but you will have some things to do. With RPGMaker you had locations pictured, movement between them also. With REN'PY - currently - you have nice slideshow ! Playing REN'PY version I still had rpmgaker layout in my imagination - this is lost. So? You need to do YOURSELF (engine do not provide that) some king of map, location selection etc. Unless you want to stick with slideshow with variables and decisions, which may be ok/sufficient.

TheFapper2

Sep 6, 2017
Guysm i'm a little consufed by the links. Wich one you do recomend to download: Ren.Py or RPG Maker? And a Wife and Mother v0.01 Skunked it's a mod? What they do? Sorry for asking, i'm just thankfully for the future answers

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Guysm i'm a little consufed by the links. Wich one you do recomend to download: Ren.Py or RPG Maker? And a Wife and Mother v0.01 Skunked it's a mod? What they do? Sorry for asking, i'm just thankfully for the future answers
Download the newest version - it's in Ren'Py. Skunked version is just a compressed one with smaller size (but potentially lower quality). It works only for RPGM game I suppose. Game will be developed in Renpy

Lust&Passion

Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
by the way just a recommendation if the game is going to be renpy now it would be better if you leave it unpacked because considering that it is only the demo and it weighs 1.5 GB it will be a pain to download everything every time, but if you leave it unpacked the updates could be patches with only the new images and the files that have changed without having to download everything again
The problem is, that I don't wanna let everyone steal my pictures for free. I think all renpy or unity developers hide their pics and audio (well at least most of them.).

Last edited:
Reactions: Adolfo

CobraPL

NTR PALADIN
Donor
Sep 3, 2016
The problem is, that I don't wanna let everyone steel my pictures for free. I think all renpy or unity developers hide their pics and audio (well at least most of them.).
You mean "steal". For both RPGMAKER and REN'PY there are decrypters freely available. RPGMAKER had quite good ENIGMA encrypter, which 1 year ago gave some problems. Now, nothing works. People WILL see your images if they want.

Reactions: stoper

Lust&Passion

Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017

On the Engine Change

PS

Yeah, there probably will be some Julia events but not many.
And this is a VN so you will follow a story where you can decide what to do. It's not an open world game, sorry. And the story I've planned will already have about 10.000 renders. If I'll try to satisfy everyone's wishes then it probably would have more than twice as much and would only lead to discrepancies and my script files would be endless. Not to mention that it would take about 10 years to complete this game cause I got not a 100 head team. It's neither advisable nor feasible to include all kinds of game aspects in just one game. But I'll try to do my best to make this game unique and the events highly erotically.

Lust&Passion

Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
Yeah, there probably will be some Julia events but not many.
And this is a VN so you will follow a story where you can decide what to do. It's not an open world game, sorry. And the story I've planned will already have about 10.000 renders. If I'll try to satisfy everyone's wishes then it probably would have more than twice as much and would only lead to discrepancies and my script files would be endless. Not to mention that it would take about 10 years to complete this game cause I got not a 100 head team. It's neither advisable nor feasible to include all kinds of game aspects in only one game. But I'll try to do my best to make this game unique and the events highly erotically.
You mean "steal". For both RPGMAKER and REN'PY there are decrypters freely available. RPGMAKER had quite good ENIGMA encrypter, which 1 year ago gave some problems. Now, nothing works. People WILL see your images if they want.
Lol yeah, of course *steal*. Well, actually there is neither an decrypted nor any other image files folder in the renpy version. I've completely put them out. So, actually there is nothing to encrypt... or am I wrong?

Reactions: Adolfo

CobraPL

NTR PALADIN
Donor
Sep 3, 2016
Lol yeah, of course *steal*. Well, actually there is neither an decrypted nor any other image files folder in the renpy version. I've completely put them out. So, actually there is nothing to encrypt... or am I wrong?
The problem was that you are using BIG /game/archive.rpa file. Someone advised to unpack RPA and distribute game unpacked. So, when releasing next verion you could release two files: 1. full game, X gigabytes big and 2. patch file, which contains only changed/added files, w/o redownloading >1.4GB renders.

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes