CobraPL

NTR PALADIN
Donor
Sep 3, 2016
@Lust&Passion read this please: - maybe useful? Since You are using PNG...
live comparison, but for lossy only. Lossless WEBP is 25% smaller than PNG IIRC.

Reactions: Born2game

sharpys

May 21, 2017
Pacing is so much better now. I feel you can probably get away with reducing the amount of rendered scenes to streamline the pacing even more.

Claudio83

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
There is a way in Renpy version to see the points of "filthy wife" or "good wife", etc. etc.?

Lust&Passion

Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
@Lust&Passion read this please: - maybe useful? Since You are using PNG...
live comparison, but for lossy only. Lossless WEBP is 25% smaller than PNG IIRC.
I've tried webp and it is definitely more fuzzy than png! Png has the best quality and that's why it has bigger files. And renpy recommends to use png, jpeg or webp. From them png has simply the best quality.

Lust&Passion

Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
There is a way in Renpy version to see the points of "filthy wife" or "good wife", etc. etc.?
Yeah, there is a little heart on the upper right of the screen. I've uploaded an edited version where it is more noticeable and I changed the "black-background-mover-scene" from day 2.

Viatovic

Sep 3, 2017
In this case, with so much content and renders so good... I think in RenPY plays better.
Great work, keep it up!

Reactions: Johi

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
Was any new content added to the renpy version at all? Or was it just an engine transplant?

CobraSGT

Jun 3, 2017
Yeah, there is a little heart on the upper right of the screen. I've uploaded an edited version where it is more noticeable and I changed the "black-background-mover-scene" from day 2.

i am not a mod, just changed the prefix to ren.py and added the ren.py links to op

wewlad

Aug 8, 2016
Ok, so I played the new update and god damn.

This developer has wiped away any doubts I had about him and his mental fortitude. Dude is commited. Not only did he make a fantastic demo, but he also dealt with his first major problem (wanting to move engines to Renpy) like a legit professional. He learned a new engine, gave himself an extremely tight deadline (given the fact hat he had to move to an entirely new engine) and made it without issue.

Congrats dude, keep this shit up and you'll start hitting those Patreon numbers you want. Renpy is a perfect fit for this game and now you've removed that "picture cap" problem you had with RPG Maker.

I only have one piece of feedback to give you now that you've moved to Renpy. As others have said, due to you moving to Renpy, you're going to have to have other way to keep the player engaged from a "gameplay" perspective. The most simple and effective thing I think would simply be to add more choices than you would for an RPG Maker game as that's only the real gameplay you can incorporate, the choices don't even need to matter, they could just be basic dialogue options that let you shape the mother into the type of women you want her to be (slutty house wife or good house wife for example). Maybe once you get more familiar with the engine you can look into the odd mini game or something.

And that's it really, no other major critiques aside from basic spelling issues (which to be honest, I haven't really been noticing, i'm just going by others feedback). which all developers should keep in mind anyway. Other tips are more to do with your patreon rather than the game itself. Like for instance, ignore negative feedback that isn't constructive, give your patreons teases/updates to let them know how the next update is coming along etc.

When's the next update planned anyway? Sometime next month or more?

Anyway, good job man, good fucking job. Keep it up.

Last edited:

Lust&Passion

Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
Ok, so I played the new update and god damn.

This developer has wiped away any doubts I had about him and his mental fortitude. Dude is commited. Not only did he make a fantastic demo, but he also dealt with his first major problem (wanting to move engines to Renpy) like a legit professional. He learned a new engine, gave himself an extremely tight deadline (given the fact hat he had to move to an entirely new engine) and made it without issue.

Congrats dude, keep this shit up and you'll start hitting those Patreon numbers you want. Renpy is a perfect fit for this game and now you've removed that "picture cap" problem you had with RPG Maker.

I only have one piece of feedback to give you now that you've moved to Renpy. As others have said, due to you moving to Renpy, you're going to have to have other way to keep the player engaged from a "gameplay" perspective. The most simple and effective thing I think would simply be to add more choices than you would for an RPG Maker game as that's only the real gameplay you can incorporate, the choices don't even need to matter, they could just be basic dialogue options that let you shape the mother into the type of women you want her to be (slutty house wife or good house wife for example). Maybe once you get more familiar with the engine you can look into the odd mini game or something.

And that's it really, no other major critiques aside from basic spelling issues (which to be honest, I haven't really been noticing, i'm just going by others feedback). which all developers should keep in mind anyway. Other tips are more to do with your patreon rather than the game itself. Like for instance, ignore negative feedback that isn't constructive, give your patreons teases/updates to let them know how the next update is coming along etc.

When's the next update planned anyway? Sometime next month or more?

Anyway, good job man, good fucking job. Keep it up.
Well, actually it's very difficult to say at the moment when the next update will be ready. I hope maybe the first week of december.

CobraSGT

Jun 3, 2017
Well, actually it's very difficult to say at the moment when the next update will be ready. I hope maybe the first week of december.
by the way just a recommendation if the game is going to be renpy now it would be better if you leave it unpacked because considering that it is only the demo and it weighs 1.5 GB it will be a pain to download everything every time, but if you leave it unpacked the updates could be patches with only the new images and the files that have changed without having to download everything again

Reactions: Cristiano 1

wewlad

Aug 8, 2016
That sounds perfect. Just take your time dude, you've been delivering lately and your 0.01 version already has a fantastic amount of content for a first release.

Just try to maintain that type of quality by taking your time, people will understand.

Katgza

Nov 4, 2016
by the way just a recommendation if the game is going to be renpy now it would be better if you leave it unpacked because considering that it is only the demo and it weighs 1.5 GB it will be a pain to download everything every time, but if you leave it unpacked the updates could be patches with only the new images and the files that have changed without having to download everything again
1429384370880.jpg

1. I support this measure, patches would be a better option as the game is quite heavy my friend.

2. Try to establish an schedule and take your time dude dont rush it.

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
@

Pity the mother can't stop Dylan from getting a haircut because for me once he got it I lost all interest in him he was no longer different cute or special. Will Sam's sister be added to the list of people the MC can get stats with and have some hanky panky with? For me the son daughter and sister were the only ones the MC were going after but after the son's horrendous haircut he got chopped from the list but I'm hoping that I'll be able to add Sam's sister to the list to replace Dylan. I stay away from all males except for the husband and other family members. I usually go after female only when playing a female MC even if the game will be shorter I also try to go the pure route where she isn't doing every Tom Dick and ugly fat bastard in the game she'll be doing stuff with the daughter and sister and hopefully Sam's sister though.

Reactions: Alley_Cat

Jaime Lannister

Apr 23, 2017

So basically no new CG and sex in this update?

DudeDiabolos

Sep 9, 2017
I'm all for the Renpy version. The replay-value is much higher since the text moves a lot faster and you don't have to click through every textbox again. Also you can save at any point which is nice.
Another thing is the dev can concentrate on the essence of the game, because he don't need to make RPG-Maker maps anymore. They always look bad if you don't invest a lot of time in them - and clearly thats not what people care for in these games anyway.

Reactions: User_166761
3.20 star(s) 461 Votes