truerty

Dec 30, 2018
Sorry, color me stupid but DOL is ? Please spell for my 2 cells chasing each other. Inquiring cell wants to know. Thank you.
A game where Sophia plays the landlady and Dylan/Ellie are her tenants who didn't pay the rent, so now they have to fulfill her sexual needs instead.

Reactions: t3alqdansam

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
A game where Sophia plays the landlady and Dylan/Ellie are her tenants who didn't pay the rent, so now they have to fulfill her sexual needs instead.
Ellie is Sophia's friend, not tenant. Dylan is the tenant. Which for a game not intended to be played, is a curious distinction to make.

And there is no mention at all about whether or not they pay rent. DoL isn't changed enough for rent to be an issue. Unless of course this is another joke that has gone over my head.

Reactions: GingerSweetGirl

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
Ellie is Sophia's friend, not tenant. Dylan is the tenant. Which for a game not intended to be played, is a curious distinction to make.

And there is no mention at all about whether or not they pay rent. DoL isn't changed enough for rent to be an issue. Unless of course this is another joke that has gone over my head.
That's the thing, DOL is basically the bare minimum that a game could be changed to fit the rules on a technicality. But it doesn't make any sense if you play it. I wish I could have a private conversation with a mod from Patreon and ask them "Seriously? You can't be fooled by this." I mean, I know that no one actually looks at the games unless they get flagged, but how DOL hasn't been flagged is the real question.

I would like to see a future game based around an actual landlord and their tenants.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
That's the thing, DOL is basically the bare minimum that a game could be changed to fit the rules on a technicality. But it doesn't make any sense if you play it. I wish I could have a private conversation with a mod from Patreon and ask them "Seriously? You can't be fooled by this." I mean, I know that no one actually looks at the games unless they get flagged, but how DOL hasn't been flagged is the real question.

I would like to see a future game based around an actual landlord and their tenants.
Doesn't explain why Ellie isn't a tenant, which would be a simpler and more consistent change

As long as Patreon gets their cut, if they're not actively looking for underage/incest content, they have plausible deniability so they might not care until it gets flagged. So the question then becomes what would have to happen in-game (and when) to be serious enough for someone to report L&P.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
Doesn't explain why Ellie isn't a tenant, which would be a simpler and more consistent change

As long as Patreon gets their cut, if they're not actively looking for underage/incest content, they have plausible deniability so they might not care until it gets flagged. So the question then becomes what would have to happen in-game (and when) to be serious enough for someone to report L&P.
Oh I hear you about Ellie. Perhaps it was something really simple like L&P thought it looked dumb or awkward to have sentences that would reference two tenants. Something like "Sophia's tenant Ellie, and her tenant Dylan, were sitting next to her on the plane." It reads better if it's "Sophia's friend Ellie, and her tenant Dylan, were sitting next to her on the plane."

I think the second side job could be dangerous. I know it doesn't appear in DOL, but if anything crazy does happen in AWAM, it may put DOL in the cross hairs.

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
I’m becoming increasingly worried that some crazed fan gets fed up with L&P’s sanctimonious drivel and reports him to Patreon out of spite. I see that as a much more likely reason for him being reported than the actual content.

I do not know why I get this feeling, but it’s been there for a while and it isn’t going away.

if that did end up happening, regardless of the reason, it would be a real and tragic loss.

Jun 12, 2018
I’m becoming increasingly worried that some crazed fan gets fed up with L&P’s sanctimonious drivel and reports him to Patreon out of spite. I see that as a much more likely reason for him being reported than the actual content.

I do not know why I get this feeling, but it’s been there for a while and it isn’t going away.

if that did end up happening, regardless of the reason, it would be a real and tragic loss.
He still has subscribestar.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020

People are assholes, so I don't think your concern is unwarranted. Again, it would be one thing if L&P was just bending the rules a little, but he's smashing them. When I set up my Patreon I was reading through the rules for creators and the very first thing I thought of was L&P. Rule, after rule, after rule, he seems to smash and some are definitely biggies. To Patreon's credit, they will work with creators and give them guidance and feedback to make sure they're in compliance, but that's for small stuff and rules that have gray-areas. I've heard of creators getting straight up banned, no warning, if they're caught flagrantly breaking the rules.

He would protect himself a little if he set up a Discord. If he is ever deleted from Patreon, or has some other major issue, it would give him another avenue to communicate with fans.

Reactions: Talcum Powder

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
People are assholes, so I don't think your concern is unwarranted. Again, it would be one thing if L&P was just bending the rules a little, but he's smashing. When I joined Patreon I was reading through the rules for creators and the very first thing I thought of was L&P. Rule, after rule, after rule, he seems to smash and some are definitely biggies. To Patreon's credit, they will work with creators and give them guidance and feedback to make sure they're in compliance, but that's for small stuff and rules that have gray-areas. I've heard of creators getting straight up banned, no warning, if they're caught flagrantly breaking the rules.

He would protect himself a little if he set up a Discord. If he is ever deleted from Patreon, or has some other major issue, it would give him another avenue to communicate with fans.
I think the way he communicates with fans is part of his problem, tbh.

FdjsEre

May 22, 2020
I don't think you understand Dylan's character. And he didn't understand himself. He doesn't really want Sofia, he wants to be Sofia himself. He's not jealous of Sophia for Sam, but of Sam for Sophia. Dylan must go through the process of becoming aware of his gay tendencies !

FdjsEre

May 22, 2020
The fact that Dylan paid Aiden to strip Sofia proves that Dylan does not want to possess Sofia, because jealousy would not allow him to do so. No! By identifying with Sophia, Dylan wants to enjoy Aiden's advances to himself through Sophia !

• Angry
Reactions: the3m_dude

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
I don't think you understand Dylan's character. And he didn't understand himself. He doesn't really want Sofia, he wants to be Sofia himself. He's not jealous of Sophia for Sam, but of Sam for Sophia. Dylan must go through the process of becoming aware of his gay tendencies !
I’d be quite interested in the textual evidence to back this up.
The fact that Dylan paid Aiden to strip Sofia proves that Dylan does not want to possess Sofia, because jealousy would not allow him to do so. No! By identifying with Sophia, Dylan wants to enjoy Aiden's advances to himself through Sophia !
Just so we’re clear: this isn’t evidence.

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes