Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
Let's assume a roughly equal distribution of pages to images. 43 pages and 997 images to code (and the odd sound effect here and there, of course). But let's keep it simple:

That's clocking in at about 23 images per page.
Let's pause for a moment on pages and images: Standard manuscript format is 25 lines per page (assuming he's not writing in a script/screenplay format). That's almost one image for every single line on the page. Even if he's jus writing single-spaced and getting about 45 lines per page, that's still one image for every two lines on the page. Do either of these sound like a healthy ratio?​

5% P&T of 43 pages is slightly more than two pages, so about 45-47 images.

Does that sound like 11 hours of work?
8 hours of work?

Just sayin...

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
Nice to be trusted.
View attachment 1207422 View attachment 1207425
Patrons have been warned
I mean, I can't blame his conclusion, but it's all so dumb. Either do it or don't do it. Either you're ok with the risk or you aren't. If you're that worried maybe you should reconsider your game or you should reconsider the teaser. We all know he's been skirting the line for a long time, maybe it's best not to push it.

The funny thing is that DOL could be a great game with some modest effort.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
43 PAGES TO TRANSLATE
5% DONE

They translated 2.15 pages in 11 hours (his words not mine) of work.

What a great, solid day of backbreaking work. No one knows what its like to be in his shoes.

As for the patron messages, it's just hilarious. Everyone remember how that whoops teaser came out, was terrible.

Let's assume a roughly equal distribution of pages to images. 43 pages and 997 images to code (and the odd sound effect here and there, of course). But let's keep it simple:

That's clocking in at about 23 images per page.
Let's pause for a moment on pages and images: Standard manuscript format is 25 lines per page (assuming he's not writing in a script/screenplay format). That's almost one image for every single line on the page. Even if he's jus writing single-spaced and getting about 45 lines per page, that's still one image for every two lines on the page. Do either of these sound like a healthy ratio?

5% P&T of 43 pages is slightly more than two pages, so about 45-47 images.

Does that sound like 11 hours of work?
8 hours of work?

Just sayin...
Either there's no script and it's being done now, or everything is done and he's just pretending or he works 2h-3h a day on this.
It's clear.

Last edited:

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
43 PAGES TO TRANSLATE
5% DONE

They translated 2.15 pages in 11 hours (his words not mine) of work.

What a great, solid day of backbreaking work. No one knows what its like to be in his shoes.

As for the patron messages, it's just hilarious. Everyone remember how that whoops teaser came out, was terrible.

Either there's no script and it's being done now, or everything is done and he's just pretending or he works 2h-3h a day on this.
It's clear.
What was the "Whoops" teaser?

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
I mean, I can't blame his conclusion, but it's all so dumb. Either do it or don't do it. Either you're ok with the risk or you aren't. If you're that worried maybe you should reconsider your game or you should reconsider the teaser. We all know he's been skirting the line for a long time, maybe it's best not to push it.

The funny thing is that DOL could be a great game with some modest effort.
That's what I find interesting about DoL. That Ellie being a friend or daughter makes no difference to me in terms of whether or not I find her route hot. The only problem is that the latter shower scenes are removed.

In Free Pass (which just dropped another update with around 550 renders in a bit over 3 weeks) none of the LIs are blood relations. And the step-daughter is the one I like the least.

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
I guess he's implying the "Beggers can't be Chooser" idiom here.
Maybe, but then to call them beggars is a mischaracterization of the many many members who offer suggestions and usually fair critique of the game, story, characters, and production process. Not to mention the occasional bits of wit and genuine insight on offer.

shorter: unless you’re a moderator citing a violation of site rules, please don’t tell people to shut up.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
That's what I find interesting about DoL. That Ellie being a friend or daughter makes no difference to me in terms of whether or not I find her route hot. The only problem is that the latter shower scenes are removed.
With some minor changes (that would make for a moderate amount of reworking the story) I think DOL could be a really good game by itself.

1) Sophia and Liam would be married without kids
2) Patricia and Carl would be family friends with two kids, Ellie and Dylan

While the shower scenes would likely need to be cut since they wouldn't fit, I think 90% of the other scenes could be reworked successfully. Ellie and Dylan could both be infatuated with Sophia, and she could be openly flattered that two young people (I'd make it clear that they were 18+) would be interested in her. You could even keep the Aiden storyline if Dylan was more manipulative. Yada yada yada. The point is it would be ironic if DOL could be reworked into a great game considering it was born from AWAM.

Reactions: brainman

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
With some minor changes (that would make for a moderate amount of reworking the story) I think DOL could be a really good game by itself.

While the shower scenes would likely need to be cut since they wouldn't fit, I think 90% of the other scenes could be reworked successfully. Ellie and Dylan could both be infatuated with Sophia, and she could be openly flattered that two young people (I'd make it clear that they were 18+) would be interested in her. You could even keep the Aiden storyline if Dylan was more manipulative. Yada yada yada. The point is it would be ironic if DOL could be reworked into a great game considering it was born from AWAM.
Sorry, color me stupid but DOL is ? Please spell for my 2 cells chasing each other. Inquiring cell wants to know. Thank you.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019

Considering the Ellie/Julia and Alyssa events are two of the best scenes in the game so far, and even progress the storyline significantly, I think it's fair to say that L&P can do great things without needing incest.

Your suggestion is actually similar to Free Pass. MC is a young woman in her early 30s, married an older man with a college-age daughter. The step-daughter's friends (male and female) all have a crush on the MC, and one of the MC's friends too. MC is even rather prudish like Sophia, but in this case, it's because she comes from a conservative country (Myanmar).

Sorry, color me stupid but DOL is ? Please spell for my 2 cells chasing each other. Inquiring cell wants to know. Thank you.
Decisions of Life. The censored version of AWAM that L&P is officially making on Patreon. Ellie is Sophia's friend, Patricia her best friend, and Dylan/Sam/Jules etc are your standard "lodgers", with Sophia being "Landlady"

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
Like Alley_Cat said, Decisions of a Life is the official name of AWAM. Patreon has many rules for the kind of adult content you can produce, so to get around those rules AWAM has been rebranded as DOL. The game itself is mostly a "Find & Replace" game where certain key words and relationships have been ham-handily changed. In addition to that, certain scenes have been removed entirely that could raise questions even if the relationships are technically "ok". In short, it's kind of a mess of a game if you don't know about AWAM. But, knowing what we know now, if L&P had made some minor changes to relationships, DOL could have been a great standalone game.

It's also worth nothing that the mere existence of both DOL and AWAM is a huge violation of Patreon's TOS. L&P in many ways is playing with fire with all of the rules he's breaking. And while he's not alone (many creators ignore the rules) if he were to ever get busted I don't think he would get a warning, I think his whole account would get nuked.

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes