May 4, 2017
There's an inherent conflict in his storytelling. He wants to tell a believable story of a good, straitlaced, woman's corruption. But it has to happen over (roughly) 30 days. Therein lies the original flaw of the story. How do you tell a believable story of corruption when the woman starts very sexually conservative (not a nun, but definitely conservative) and you only have 30 days to corrupt her? Oh, and you want this to be an incest story?

That kind of story would be hard for even a professional writer, and L&P is definitely an amateur. That isn't a criticism, it's just acknowledging the truth- it doesn't make him a bad guy. Story progression/pacing has been very uneven; when it's good it's really good, but for some characters/storylines there has been very little progression despite years of effort. Since we're now on day 12 (roughly into Act II) I do believe that the story is gaining some momentum, but man...it's taking a long time.

And that leads me to the elephant in the room- the development cycles. L&P is trying to tell a story of believable corruption, from a sexually conservative woman, over 30 days, which will lead to her cheating and/or engaging in incest, while releasing updates two or three times a year. That is a brutal combination. Each update needs to simultaneously move the story quickly to meet the 30 day deadline, while moving it slowly to maintain the image that a woman like Sophia wouldn't cheat overnight, all while releasing a 45 minutes of gameplay update ever 4+ months. The most professional writer in the world, with the best organization, would struggle to make this work.
There is a little something called suspension of disbelief, not everything in a story needs to be extremely realistic to be believable or enjoyable, but L&P totally breaks that. He wants things to be realistic but goes on to progress the story with things that would be unrealistic first.

Like I mentioned the MC has by far the most content with her daughter, followed by the son, but has a hard time even thinking about doing something with another character who is not related to her.
Now if you want to tell a realistic corruption story of a conservative woman, you don't start first with the thing she would never do and the go on to have her be conflicted about stuff she would "realistically" do first.

That's like having your character kill someone, but then have them be conflicted about hitting an asshole. Essentially giving them the courage to do something really big and the take it away for smaller stuff.

One does not need to be a professional writer to see that, that is terrible story telling.

Okywyin

Oct 15, 2019
Hii ya'll !!

Since AWAM is a native 720p game I took it upon myself to upscale the entire game into 1080p due to boredom and paranoia during this pandemic.

Yeppp, give or take around 8,270 renders all the way from the flight scene to the end of v.100.
The file size of my unofficial 1080p version is close to the official so yayyy.

Proof below-->

Before and After

View attachment 839181

View attachment 839745

Please feel free to let me know if you find any errors or artifacts on my part. I'll try my best to fix it:)(y)

I am new to this site so, take it easy on me lol

Thanks to monroe for being the awesome human that you are helping me with uploading the files. You are the best !

Here are the links to my 1080p version of the game AWAM [v0.100] :)

Win/Linux version -------------------------------------->

MEGA - AWAM [v0.100] Win/Linux (3.6 GB)

-------------------------------------------------------------->

With the obvious pros and cons of scaling images and videos the following content has been scaled and optimized multiple times for the optimal viewing experience without compromising much of the visually creative and artistic aspects of the project as intended by the developer(s) of said project. Eventhough I take into consideration adjusting the file size, chroma, depth, noise, blur and sharpness between the original and final content most of the time, other important visual details such as hair texture,hair strand separation, hair shine, skin texture, skin bumps, pores, subsurface scattering and obvious details in the base character models and their textures may or may not become smoothed out or accentuated in the process of upscaling and basic post processing, taking into account factors such as viewing angles, depth of field effects, various types of image noise, scene lighting and certain artifacts caused during the workflow.

Any attempt to further compress the provided content may or may not lead to visible image degradation when viewed at higher resolutions by the sensitive eye, but negligible at lower resolutions in which case I suggest you enjoy the offical release if you do not have the need to, the time to, or the internet bandwith to download large files.

The included unofficial version may be disabled, deleted or updated in the future.

Support the artists (y) .. Thank you for stopping by & hope ya'll enjoy ! .. Take care and stay safe !

Britt
Can it be updated to version 0.13

Alleykatt

May 19, 2017
Grrrr.... 5GB and it doesn't even run.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: Could not load from archive gui.rpyc.

3.20 star(s) 466 Votes