Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Man this thread moves so fast some days,

I agree with Dr.Fapalot about the dentist visit, the scene serves an expositional purpose but not a visual one.
There are three pieces of information to convey; Patricia inviting the kids for a sleepover, Dylan has soccer tomorrow, Ellie has a friend coming over tomorrow.
Those three pieces of information could have been told in fewer lines of dialogue, potentially could have been cut down by half - but english isn't L&P's first language so he kind of gets a pass on inefficient writing.

The problem with the two renders, is that it's not just two renders - it's 2 renders here, 3 more over there, an even 6 for the next scene after that, 4 for the scene before. It adds up over time.
I'm still firmly in the belief that if L&P took the time at the start of every update to sit down and write & storyboard out the whole script, then re-write & trim... then re-write & trim again - it would still result in a shorter development time. 'Measure twice, cut once'
You can look at it the same way L&P handled Sophia packing the dishwasher one night. It was just described over a black screen.

Reactions: Jude6

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
I think a poll would be interesting but with the question: who will give Sophia her first orgasm? :unsure: I'm not talking about penetration.

Liam is out, not that he would give her multiple doses every day :ROFLMAO:

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
Man this thread moves so fast some days,

I agree with Dr.Fapalot about the dentist visit, the scene serves an expositional purpose but not a visual one.
There are three pieces of information to convey; Patricia inviting the kids for a sleepover, Dylan has soccer tomorrow, Ellie has a friend coming over tomorrow.
Those three pieces of information could have been told in fewer lines of dialogue, potentially could have been cut down by half - but english isn't L&P's first language so he kind of gets a pass on inefficient writing.

The problem with the two renders, is that it's not just two renders - it's 2 renders here, 3 more over there, an even 6 for the next scene after that, 4 for the scene before. It adds up over time.
I'm still firmly in the belief that if L&P took the time at the start of every update to sit down and write & storyboard out the whole script, then re-write & trim... then re-write & trim again - it would still result in a shorter development time. 'Measure twice, cut once'
Nail meet Hammer! The math becomes inescapable. Of the 9K+ scenes how many were superfluous? How many will be? It goes back to the "Is it written discussion. " /"If he had the team he said he would?" / "Is he burning out?"

If it were fully written he would only need edits to adjust, as he desires. Instead, I am fairly sure, he writes each update from an outline as he does the update. I would go so far as to say he does the artwork from his vision then makes the words fit. Otherwise, translation could be contracted on day one of the update process not day 120+.

If he had an editor much of this could be caught. If he had a assistant to help with rendering he could focus more on the meat, which is his story. He is solo, which bogs down production and misses opportunities of efficiency and style.

The latter is the concern because after 4 years, if this is not fully written, that brain will say enough is enough. He will start cutting the corners to get to some point he is satisfied. Or he will just call it a night ala SNC. Does he get to task 12? Not even done mind you. Still playable days away.:(

Last edited:

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
De Shawn, Andre, one of the subway thugs, some of the gym boys, one of the movers and, of course, the janitor
Subway thugs are not going to be seen for a very long time and the same goes for the movers as well,last quarter of the game.
Andre/janitor very doubtful as we have seen no progression from them.
So I would say De Shawn because if you made the right choices they will ask you again.

Sabertooth__

Sep 23, 2020
If all the characters are removed one should also realize that then the scenes will be with repeated characters. Every character will have to appear every other day. Which in turn also means that everytime something new would have to be done with them. It can no longer be plain sex with a character after it has already happened once. How many times do we want to see a similar sex scene with the same character.

We know he does not want to turn Sophia into a slut. If there are few characters then she will have to sleep with everyone as every other day they have a scene and there has to be progress. That's basically what he wants to avoid. There have to be characters who won't have sex with her in order to protect his vision of not making Sophia a slut.

More characters are a necessity to his vision. With more characters he can keep switching it up without having Sophia go all the way with all characters and thereby preserving the interest factor of the game.

We all know the game would lose all its uniqueness if Sophia was to do it every character to be part of the story and that's exactly what having a small cast and only important characters will lead to. More characters keep it fresh.

I would be tired of this game if after every other scene is a Dylan , Ellie or Sam scene.

Atton563

Co-Developer of Elite Garden
Game Developer
Feb 22, 2019
Also do you think Dylan has any authority to question his mother why she is wearing a certain dress. Also Dylan encourages Sophia to dress sexy, Example the Aiden 2nd event dress. So it's no problem I feel
Less about what she is wearing but why she is out with Sam.

Reactions: Michael Rawson

Adolfo

Jun 5, 2017
If all the characters are removed one should also realize that then the scenes will be with repeated characters. Every character will have to appear every other day. Which in turn also means that everytime something new would have to be done with them. It can no longer be plain sex with a character after it has already happened once. How many times do we want to see a similar sex scene with the same character.

We know he does not want to turn Sophia into a slut. If there are few characters then she will have to sleep with everyone as every other day they have a scene and there has to be progress. That's basically what he wants to avoid. There have to be characters who won't have sex with her in order to protect his vision of not making Sophia a slut.

More characters are a necessity to his vision. With more characters he can keep switching it up without having Sophia go all the way with all characters and thereby preserving the interest factor of the game.

We all know the game would lose all its uniqueness if Sophia was to do it every character to be part of the story and that's exactly what having a small cast and only important characters will lead to. More characters keep it fresh.

I would be tired of this game if after every other scene is a Dylan , Ellie or Sam scene.
Every path will have its sexual encounters, usually with well known people, but I think there will be other partners depending of the chosed way. I doubt that there will be a path in which Sophia becomes nymphomaniac. But at the end, in all the paths, IMO there will be a lot of sex with many people. The question is how many of us will be alive to see that.

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes