ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
Yeah, resort to blackmailing from a cliché brat to justify kind of sexual actions from the mc, such creativity...
Fuck the dialogues, fuck personality of the mc, fuck her journey on becoming more and more depraved till time and encounters. Just need to use an annoying character blackmailing her to justify showing more skins (easy when you didn't show anything till now). *clap clap*
You need to understand that the blackmail fulfils the fantasy of having a degree of control over a beautiful, sophisticated, intelligent woman. That's what erotic fiction is for, adult fantasies. Sophia becoming depraved would be a real turn-off. Sophia becoming a nympho, prostitute or all-purpose slut....likewise. There are more than enough games catering for those tastes. She may become more corrupted but if she starts to relish the tasks too much, then it's not blackmail but a tacitly agreed, sex game played by two consenting parties.

You don't like blackmail, fine. There's an opt-out on it's way. I don't like incest but I've never ranted about my distaste, because fans should more or less know what they might encounter in a corruption game, which AWAM still purports to be, last time I checked. Blackmail is present in so many corruption stories involving the sexual exploits of an originally less adventurous character. AWAM, for some reason, has sparked more self-righteous anti-blackmail outrage than anything I've ever played. Yes, we get invested in characters & no, we don't want any long-term serious harm to befall them but it must not be overlooked that these are fictional, pixel people.

I do think that it might have been Bennett who was the better candidate for the story's blackmailer & I've also written about possible stronger reasons for it than those we've been given for both villains. Bennett was sidelined, IMO, because of anti-blackmail hysteria, amongst other things. Then Aiden came along & away we went again. This forthcoming opt-out will, hopefully, put an end to my tenure as the thread's resident blackmail defender & interpreter. I started playing & joined the discussion years ago, (before blackmail was in the story) & find myself repeating a similar theme for each new generation of players.

Thinking about another recently posted topic. I'll say that the day even a hint of bestiality occurs in AWAM, is the day I will uninstall. That's not corruption, it's something else & again there are games catering for animal antics. They have no place in an erotic work of fiction with ambitions to be more realistic than most games/VNs.

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
I don't understand the dislike for blackmail.
I understand it but for some reason those who reject it as a kink, or become outraged by its' prescence, (or over-protective of 'their' Sophia), feel the need to demonstrate their dislike, sometimes vociferously. An attitude of "to each his/her own" is what I usually try to practice, provided the issue under scrutiny is within the normal bounds of a corruption story.

We all have to tolerate aspects of these games that we don't care for. There's nothing wrong with the odd criticism but it sometimes gets exaggerated IMO. Usually I answer with an explanatory approach.

I don't like incest myself but I don't attempt to spoil the fun of those who follow it in AWAM & ask nothing more than a similar approach from fans of other elements of the game/VN. It's one of a number of reasons I'm looking forward to seeing the inclusion of an opt-out in the next update, (or at least the beginnings of one, which might see Sophia get more involved with organised crime....'so much better than blackmail'?). At least there should be some happy anti-blackmail fans on that day........whenever that is going to be.

Sabertooth__

Sep 23, 2020
Man, But the next update will be without it. This means L&P is saying that the next Dylan / Ellie updates will be released without that add-on.

He mentioned in the post that the add-on will only be added in the next update. But it will be without it after the next updates. He is saying that. :sneaky:
View attachment 1655473
Friend, in this same message he has written just a paragraph above that the update will not be released without the add-on. That is the whole reason why he has started talking about v0.160.

You too follow the thread, every message from him has pretty much stated that he won't release the update without this add-on matter what. Here in the second para the reference is towards v0.160.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
I did want to ask, do any of the artists or infact anyone, know why the legs of the table are kinda hazy. Everything else is properly rendered, why only the legs of the table look like that.

Anyone's got any idea.
It's probably just not in the area that L&P has in focus

Sabertooth__

Sep 23, 2020
But thats the confusing thing, everything around the table's legs is perfectly fine. The base of the table, everything else in the lower half is fine except for those big table legs right in front. The table itself is out of focus in the part towards us. The chair in the corner is also out of focus. A lot of things are but only those two table legs have been affected like that.

Xyzwvu

Apr 3, 2021
Just a quick question since You are well versed with the game.
How do you find the logic of game being released on an event basis rather than the entire day basis?
Update based on event will be much shorter compared to the entire day like 0.150 and 0.130, this is my guess. Event based updates will have shorter game time and again the cycle will be the same of waiting 2-3 months for the next event of the same day.
The ideal logic should be longer game time within a shorter release period. This is my understanding of what should be achieved. What’s your say?

Reactions: Jude6

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Just a quick question since You are well versed with the game.
How do you find the logic of game being released on an event basis rather than the entire day basis?
Update based on event will be much shorter compared to the entire day like 0.150 and 0.130, this is my guess. Event based updates will have shorter game time and again the cycle will be the same of waiting 2-3 months for the next event of the same day.
The ideal logic should be longer game time within a shorter release period. This is my understanding of what should be achieved. What’s your say?
Even when I wasn't so cynical about the game, my attitude was that L&P is gonna do what L&P is gonna do. There's little point trying to apply logic to things like development times. We're not robots - sometimes we do things completely insane and irrational. As someone has I think said recently, much of this talk is ultimately pointless, and is more about keeping ourselves occupied between the long waits between updates.

For me, whether it's neither here nor there as to event-based updates are better or worse than 1/3, since I'm probably only going to download the game again if we get to playable day 14. My concern is only how long is it going to take to get there, so far it's not looking good. Like some of the others, my hope is that by some miracle L&P is able to get to 2 or 3 PDs a year, instead of a PD every 2 or 3 years.

3.20 star(s) 466 Votes