AlfredBundy4

Feb 12, 2021
People getting upset because other people support a project seems strange to me. And it's not just you. Many on this site do it. I think we all spend money on things others would find foolish. I for one am glad people continue to support this.
I'm not upset about anyone supporting anything. It helps new things get made, it allows creators to create.

I genuinely feel bad for those that support this particular VN and state the reasons why very clearly (here and elsewhere in this thread).
Again, people support a title/dev like JOHN and I have no issue with it *because* the dev outright admits the truth about the project. It's not a milking as much as his pace being what it is and unrepentantly so. I respect honesty. Those that donate absolutely understand what the deal is and therefore I

L&P is so blatantly dishonest about his work ethic and motivations that I cannot respect him as a person and I feel sincerely sorry for those that tie themselves financially to him. I feel bad for them in the same way I'd feel bad for an addict or a gambler.

They have all right to spend their money on whatever they see fit but it doesn't make it a good thing to spend it on and I have pity for them all the same. If the dev were honest about what they were donating to, I admit my pity would mostly dissipate. But he won't. That's not how his grift works.

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
Progress Report Ver. 0.155. :cool:(y)

100% - 100%
100%
- 100%
Just for the record and posterity:
-My clock started on 12/6, just after the new cover art was posted, he reached 4x100 after 78 days.
-Art Edited with Photoshop first reported progress on February 8th, 64 days into production, so assuming he started the same day, that's 82% of the total days to reach 4x100%.
-Programming and Translation first reported on 2/14, so 90% of the total days to reach 4x100.
-The progress tracker has averaged 2/22 as a completion date since January 19th, when the reported progress was 75%/70%/0%/0%.

Anaylsis: The projection is pretty accurate for being so basic, and the underlying assumptions (weights given to each aspect of production) have held up over the last two development cycles, the former being 4.5 months, the current cycle being 2.5 months.

Conclusion: No need to tinker with it.

1645585167980.png

Jude6

Sep 17, 2017
I probably read wrong or missed a piece of news, but I thought he canceled the addon to appear in the next update?
Also, for reference and to head-off arguments among the confused, I think when L&P says -

For now, I can say, that this "add-on" will be an important part of the future of the game, but the next update will be without it...

- pretty sure he means 0.160 when he says the next update.
This also means that whatever the 'Add-on' is, it can/will be spliced into some events and not others (honestly animations are looking pretty good at this point).

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020
so this is without addon
Yes, the update is ready, but the addon is not ready. He will soon tell us what this special addition is.
How soon, it's hard for me to judge, hopefully within 2-3 days. But as I understand it, if he talks about it, then the release of the update will not have to wait long.

That is, according to my estimates, v-0.155 will be available approximately in a week, but of course I may be wrong.

Reactions: globsis

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
Thx for sharing the Patreon exclusive.
How soon, it's hard for me to judge, hopefully within 2-3 days. But as I understand it, if he talks about it, then the release of the update will not have to wait long.

That is, according to my estimates, v-0.155 will be available approximately in a week, but of course I may be wrong.
Let's hope so.

Ivrol

Sep 26, 2018
Yes, the update is ready, but the addon is not ready. He will soon tell us what this special addition is.

Patreon charges on a specific day?

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020
Patreon charges on a specific day?
Yes, at the beginning of the month. Therefore, if you want to support it once, it is better to do it at the beginning of the month and at the end of the month the subscription can be canceled. And at the same time you will have access for a whole month.

Reactions: keisezr and Ivrol

Bill_Buttlicker

Jul 13, 2018
Just for the record and posterity:
-My clock started on 12/6, just after the new cover art was posted, he reached 4x100 after 78 days.
-Art Edited with Photoshop first reported progress on February 8th, 64 days into production, so assuming he started the same day, that's 82% of the total days to reach 4x100%.
-Programming and Translation first reported on 2/14, so 90% of the total days to reach 4x100.
-The progress tracker has averaged 2/22 as a completion date since January 19th, when the reported progress was 75%/70%/0%/0%.

Anaylsis: The projection is pretty accurate for being so basic, and the underlying assumptions (weights given to each aspect of production) have held up over the last two development cycles, the former being 4.5 months, the current cycle being 2.5 months.

Conclusion: No need to tinker with it.

View attachment 1669311
No accompanying picture of Sophia? :cry:

3.20 star(s) 466 Votes