bluehound36

Apr 27, 2017
Funny how he can suddenly speed the animations progress up after his patrons started expressing their frustration, isn't it? Almost like he could have done it all along. I wonder why..
Because he can. He use to turn out full day updates back when he first started this and for about a good year until he decided to start seeing how much he could milk people for. Look at the timeline for each planned future update and you'll realize he's doing barely 1/10th of that now and only completing a full day inside of a year. It's why people have been trying to point out that this game will never be completed. It'd take close to 20 years or more at the rate he's currently chosen to proceed and all for the sake of greed. Maybe the criticism he's facing not just here but over on patreon will finally get him to realize that his customers expect him to make good on all his original goals/promises.

Radoslaw Wolf

May 23, 2017
Because he can. He use to turn out full day updates back when he first started this and for about a good year until he decided to start seeing how much he could milk people for. Look at the timeline for each planned future update and you'll realize he's doing barely 1/10th of that now and only completing a full day inside of a year. It's why people have been trying to point out that this game will never be completed. It'd take close to 20 years or more at the rate he's currently chosen to proceed and all for the sake of greed. Maybe the criticism he's facing not just here but over on patreon will finally get him to realize that his customers expect him to make good on all his original goals/promises.
With a few bright exceptions, that's what happens to all of them. The amount of content dramatically goes down, and the time per update up. Well established scheme. Not sure though if it pays better than actual effort, like MrDots' for example.

bluehound36

Apr 27, 2017
With a few bright exceptions, that's what happens to all of them. The amount of content dramatically goes down, and the time per update up. Well established scheme. Not sure though if it pays better than actual effort, like MrDots' for example.
I'd say MrDots' is more profitable considering he has over 3 thousand supporters on patreon, a subscribestar with over 2 thousand and his own website for his games that likely has similar numbers of supporters.

Dr.SigmundFap

Engaged Member
Apr 23, 2017
He pressed the accelerator on the animations... I think it will be released on the week of the 11th.
I'm not sure about that. The animations were supposed to be completed back in Feb, then March, and now it's April. So now he pressed the accelerator on the animations? I know you're trying to be optimistic, but IMO, I think we should be well past that point of being optimistic.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
animations at 80% !!!!!!!!! come on come on we're almost there !!!!!!:love:
Remember today is April fool´s day! I would not believe L&P at all on this day or ever! But the animations update starting to get faster is another hint, that he lied about the animator in the first place! Why should it suddenly go quicker? Well, he seems to finally pushed his milking too far, his patreons are upset too. So now he has to do something.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
To be fair, female protag games generally don't do as well financially as male protag games, of which those devs make. LP is still much larger than most other female protag games on Patreon. And a couple of those developers are also on their 2nd game (Carbodis/DRP) or have made multiple games (ISCTOR). That's where devs make their money, the 2nd game. Built a solid base on their 1st and (hopefully) improved their skills for the 2nd.

However, this game still underachieves. It's literally the only notable mom MC game, as far as I know. His current patrons are patrons because of anticipation of what could happen, not what has happened.
That is not always the case.
DMD,BB,DOD are the first games of the devs and are making way more money than their second.
SU,STS are still ongoing(DMD too) and making a lot of money
WVM and Proud Father are among the others that have way more patrons than usual for the first game too.

bluehound36

Apr 27, 2017
Remember today is April fool´s day! I would not believe L&P at all on this day or ever! But the animations update starting to get faster is another hint, that he lied about the animator in the first place! Why should it suddenly go quicker? Well, he seems to finally pushed his milking too far, his patreons are upset too. So now he has to do something.
There's several devs experiencing this same thing. Unfortunately, L&P is only one of the most recent. I sometimes wonder why so many of them seem to believe they can get away with being shady but then i remember the sorts of people i'm referring to. Very few independent devs are trustworthy and even when they are, many of them are lazier than shit and complete flakes. All one need do is go through the list of abandoned games/vns to see what i'm talking about. It's pretty much an endless number of them that continues to grow and an ever expanding list of new ones that start out at 0.1 and rarely make it past 0.2 or 0.3 at best before the devs go completely silent for years without ever providing another update.

Reactions: Toushiro and Turret

DikiySwin

Jan 21, 2018
L&P is already clearly going to release 0.155 with animation and 0.160 at the same time. If it does not keep up with version 0.160, then a "Test" circle will appear for animation

kalifrey20

Aug 31, 2020
Is the 166 version or not supposed to contain 155 version? so how is possible to have 166 rendering at 100% if those videos of 155 are not ready? It does not make any sens to me.

3.20 star(s) 466 Votes