yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
My thoughts on this update:

Bad Things:

This was my least favorite update of AWAM of every update of AWAM so far.

I think it was a rough start for part two. I am on a new machine since last update, and I lost all of my saved renpy data. L&P Should have coded it differently so that you can start a new game without the need for old saves if need be. This can be done by asking the player some quick questions to get to the proper path.

Alternatively L&P could have included some save files labeled for the players so they can be on whatever path they were before.

The ending of Part 1 did not give any sort of clue that I needed to save saves either.

I needed to download the part 1, then play through the entire game skipping to be able to play part 2. That is inconvenient.

The update was very small in size considering this has been in the works since November.

The animations were well made and of high quality, but not worth the significant added surprise waiting time.

It was disappointing to see all of those animation resources going into sex with a female that is completely undeveloped.

Sex animations should have come with Sophia first. She is the protagonist, and has had thousands of lines of dialogue, and she does not have any sex animations after 4+ years! If not Sophia possibly Elle or Patricia or one of the many other women who have all had much more development than Jennifer... Jennifer has had more sex animations in part 2 than she had speaking lines in part 1. She is literally just a minor character of no significance that NOBODY cared about. Sophia and all of the other much better developed females lack sex animations.

Nobody has made fan art of Jennifer. Nobody has been having discussions about Jennifer. Jennifer does not have fanboys. The game in no way revolves around Jennifer. Nobody has made a Jennifer fan game.

Additionally a great opportunity was missed for making that scene great. Sophia was spying outside of the room, and she didn't even finger herself or anything, nor did she get caught spying by anyone. The Janitor definitely should have made an appearance there and spied on the spy. It would have added a 2nd layer of spying, but that got squandered.

I dislike the control Dylan portions of the game. For me it breaks the immersion... For the same reasons as with the Jennifer scene being not what is in demand... Dylan is NOT the protagonist either. He is pretty well developed, and a lot of people like him, but he should NOT be stealing Sophia's thunder like that. Yet, he keeps getting more and more of these little play as Dylan portions, and this time Sophia isn't even involved in it. The game is not called "A Son and Brother". It is "A Wife and Mother". The more scenes Dylan gets as protagonist the further away from the core of what made this game great we go.

If after making AWAM then L&P Decides to make ASAB as a spin off game with Dylan as the lead then I think that would be great, but Sophia should not have to share the spotlight with Dylan like that. It's not his game. It is her game.

That being said now I will move on to the positive...

Good Things:

I did enjoy the render quality this update, and although there are not many renders they are good renders.
The writing was on par with what it normally is. So still good there with the dialogue.
Way more animations than normally seen in AWAM, and they are of good quality.

Hopes for the future:

Hopefully future updates will come out either faster, or with more content. I get a "Too Slow" or "Not enough content" vibe. If an update this size came out in 1-2 months that would be great, but not after 5 months.
Hopefully future content will revolve more around Sophia primarily, and not add random animations for undeveloped people, and stop giving the spot light to Dylan so much as I have already stressed... He is NOT the main character!
Hopefully L&P will add some save files, or make it possible to start Part 2 without using Part 1 save files in the future.

hmc15

Apr 4, 2019
My expectations were low but holy s***... I cannot believe this took so many months to make. I hope patrons punish him acordingly!
People arent listening when I explained it. The update took as long as it did bc L&P hired NOBODY. He/She is doing the renders and animations and programming and translation. Bravo to him/her but also tisk, tisk.

His/Her greed will be his undoing.

Sadowdark

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 4, 2020
The problem is not even that it is primitive, but how clumsily it is staged, it's just such a regression compared to other events, so far this is the worst update, the problem is how it all looks stupidly
It seems to me now that in reality, it really should have taken 2 months, no more, given the time it looks like complete madness, let's see what happens next.
Like I thought, L&P takes a step forward in Aiden's sentences and then steps back two steps.

menatv

Dec 6, 2019
Are there any new scenes between Dylan and Ellie in this update? Was kinda hoping for some, uh, interaction between the two of them at some point.

Reactions: Paprika

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
As we all know from Day 1, the fundamental problem with this game is that it's far too ambitious and it's simply just unrealistic. There are far too many branches, and the progression is artificially slowed to fit the 30-day timeline. It's really a shame because the concept is good enough, but the execution is a mess. AWAM will always be one of the top "what could've been" game.

Reactions: si tohom

erichu817

Dec 13, 2018
To reiterate, download part 1 here:
Mega (part 1)
Open you save in part 1 and play through to end and generate a final save. Close part 1
Download part 2 here:
Mega (part 2)
open new game in part 2 and open final save you made in part 1 and then enjoy the game.
please can u make mac version?

Apr 1, 2022
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This is the least problem, it really looks like a minor event, just to shift the plot a little, I would delete even a couple of moments, this is clearly superfluous, but then everyone would shout that the update is pointless at all, and they would be right, because then in that case further events would need to be combined after and done another major event, already more interesting and eventful, Ellie and Dylan just as an intermediate link between another event, and then the update would look complete, I think he did the update in a month and a half in reality), and the rest of the time he just did additional renderings of minor events and stupidly waited for the animation to end.

Reactions: ZongoU
3.20 star(s) 466 Votes