xxxorro

Jan 18, 2021
I've been thinking about that, too. But Sophia (the player) makes a decision here and it is based on the fact that it is better not to want to have anything to do with the mafia. Some here would consider that a wise decision. And with that the way is set! Even as a developer of the game, I would not allow any reversal - you yourself have spoken of the entropy of decisions.
As for the possibility of the boarding school, I have also searched in vain for a reason why that should no longer be possible.
Yes, I was speaking against my own interest of keeping the entropy at a minimum. :)
I agree with you, the mafia option has potentially much more heavier consequences than sending Dylan to the boarding school. So I do get that once discarded once it might be permanent. And probably I was "biased" by what it is said at the beginning of the Morello's boys visit, which obviously Sophia cannot know, and that inner dialogue that seemed like Sophia having a second thought.
But yes, let's keep it simple for once! ;)

As for the boarding school, I'm not sure what you mean. If you don't choose Morello after refusing the 4th task she actually talks about sending Dylan to the boarding school
Python:
menu day20_Sophia_decides_asking_Don_Morello_for_help:
    "Ask Don Morello for help with Aiden":
        $ day20_Sophia_asked_Don_Morello_for_help = True
    "Don't risk it":
        st "Nah, I should't risk it! The consequences could be even worse!"
        if day20_Sophia_fulfilled_Aidens_4th_task:
            st "Guess I have no other choice than meeting that asshole now and see what other sick tasks he has ready for me."
           [...]
        else:
            st "Well, I'm just gonna take my son and Zac from school and talk with my sister and Carl later."
And I guess in one of the next releases or PDs we will have the "usual" scene of Sophia visiting Carl and Patricia.

And as I said in the other post, if you leave the meeting with Aiden the deal **at the moment** is still valid. Or at least nothing in the code or the dialogue seems to indicate the contrary. So it's normal that the boarding school is not mentioned.

Reactions: nexer and hzjujk

Sabertooth__

Sep 23, 2020
Yes, I was speaking against my own interest of keeping the entropy at a minimum. :)
I agree with you, the mafia option has potentially much more heavier consequences than sending Dylan to the boarding school. So I do get that once discarded once it might be permanent. And probably I was "biased" by what it is said at the beginning of the Morello's boys visit, which obviously Sophia cannot know, and that inner dialogue that seemed like Sophia having a second thought.
But yes, let's keep it simple for once! ;)

As for the boarding school, I'm not sure what you mean. If you don't choose Morello after refusing the 4th task she actually talks about sending Dylan to the boarding school
Python:
menu day20_Sophia_decides_asking_Don_Morello_for_help:
    "Ask Don Morello for help with Aiden":
        $ day20_Sophia_asked_Don_Morello_for_help = True
    "Don't risk it":
        st "Nah, I should't risk it! The consequences could be even worse!"
        if day20_Sophia_fulfilled_Aidens_4th_task:
            st "Guess I have no other choice than meeting that asshole now and see what other sick tasks he has ready for me."
           [...]
        else:
            st "Well, I'm just gonna take my son and Zac from school and talk with my sister and Carl later."
And I guess in one of the next releases or PDs we will have the "usual" scene of Sophia visiting Carl and Patricia.

And as I said in the other post, if you leave the meeting with Aiden the deal **at the moment** is still valid. Or at least nothing in the code or the dialogue seems to indicate the contrary. So it's normal that the boarding school is not mentioned.
Not just the code but also in the scene we see that the deal is most likely not affected, as when Sophia is asked to give a show she has the option to flee or continue. In the event she chooses to flee Aiden only says "Let her go" like in every other scenario, not anything about the deal Ending. He says it with a smile too and doesn't threaten with hurting Dylan ( probably because he has not told the gang members about the deal ) which further adds that the deal is not off. This was just an additional scene to show off Sophia to his gang members and humiliate her.

Savilesavile

Jun 15, 2020
What you guys think my opinnion i think it fair for people who want fast update they will have every month but you have to accept it will be short and people who want long update thay can wait 4-5month right? just like he say simple as that
1event per month anyway
what different you wait for 4 month you get 4 event am i right?
I need somone to make me understand about this.
One thing is short another thing is this. Soon it will be just an image per update.

Dan5k74

Oct 6, 2017
How does he check that she drove home immediately so that Aiden can say something like "What the hell happened on Friday, why did you leave, you were supposed...."? There is no way to do it at the moment.
There is no need to count Filthy points; if both variables are set to False, it's evident that the player has chosen neither "Show breasts" (day20_Sophia_showed_her_breasts_to_Aidens_gang) nor "Let yourself getting groped" (day20_Sophia_let_herself_getting_groped_by_Aidens_gang), so Sophia has returned home.
screenshot0004.png
Otherwise, based on their different values (and evidently only one of them can be True) we will probably have different dialogues.

xxxorro

Jan 18, 2021
There is no need to count Filthy points; if both variables are set to False, it's evident that the player has chosen neither "Show breasts" (day20_Sophia_showed_her_breasts_to_Aidens_gang) nor "Let yourself getting groped" (day20_Sophia_let_herself_getting_groped_by_Aidens_gang), so Sophia has returned home.
View attachment 1831713
Otherwise, based on their different values (and evidently only one of them can be True) we will probably have different dialogues.
Yes but I'm referring to the very beginning when Sophia has to decide whether to meet Aiden or not because she spotted the gang:
1653571173241.png

In the code
Python:
    menu day20_Sophia_decides_meeting_Aiden_or_not:
        "Turn around and drive home":
            st "Damn it, what the fuck am I doing here?!"
            st "This looks suspicious AF! Screw this!"
            scene black with fade
            stop music fadeout 1.4
            "Sophia listened to her feminine intuition, turned around, and drove back home."
            scene day20_Sophia_meets_Aiden_at_hangout_place 203 with fade
            "She watched some TV and enjoyed a moment of rest."
            $ renpy.pause(0.4, hard=True)
            $ renpy.pause()
            jump day20_Sophia_after_relaxing_in_living_room
        "Stay and risk it":
            pass
If she turns around and goes back there is no trace to capture this choice.
As you said, if both those variables are False it means that:
  • Sophia took the Flee option in the menu you showed

OR

• the Flee option in this other (previous) menu (show panties)
    1653571413269.png

OR

• she was never at the meeting in the first place because she drove back immediately.
But there is no way to express a condition to know *exactly* that she refuse to enter the hideout because she spotted the gang members.

That's what I found odd. it's like being there or not being there was not relevant.

And, similarly, you cannot tell whether she showed the panties and then flee or she refused to show the panties, because you can only check that the 2 variables are false, which happens in the 3 different cases above (drive back, try to flee (panties) and try to flee (breast/grope).
While showing panties might not be so relevant or important, driving home it's a completely different event that need to/should be addressed in future dialogues.

Last edited:
Reactions: odynson and Adolfo

Sabertooth__

Sep 23, 2020
Most of the community seems to hate aiden. Besides, we wait months and get very little content anyway. so Why does the developer spends his time and money on aiden's (disturbing and not sexy at all) blackmail bullshit ?
Maybe he should open a pool and ask what the people who support him wants.
Aiden is the 4th or 5th most popular character of his novel on patreon as per character poll

Dan5k74

Oct 6, 2017
Yes but I'm referring to the very beginning when Sophia has to decide whether to meet Aiden or not because she spotted the gang:
View attachment 1831789

In the code
Python:
            scene black with fade
            stop music fadeout 1.4
            "Sophia listened to her feminine intuition, turned around, and drove back home."
            $ renpy.pause()
        "Stay and risk it":
            pass
As you said, if both those variables are False it means that Sophia took the Flee option in the menu you showed OR the Flee option in this other (previous) menu (show panties)
View attachment 1831790
OR she was never at the meeting in the first place. But there is no way to express a condition to know *exactly* that she refuse to enter the hideout because she spotted the gang members.

That's what I found odd. it's like being there or not being there was not relevant.
I don't know, maybe what matters to L&P about this event (according to the story that only he knows and wants to tell us), is not when Sophia returned home, what matters is whether she came home or showed her breasts or let someone grope her.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: xxxorro

Bibifoc

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2018
Yes someone already reported that and I think Bibifoc already fixed for the next release.
It is part of the problem I was mentioning at the very beginning of my post, in the previous version Sophia was supposed to visit Aiden no matter the choice about Morello, which led us to come up with the "chivalry" theory and so on. And since this branching was repeated many times through the code it's only natural that one of them might have slipped through during the fixing. Here is the example for those interested
(v0.160 on the left and v0.161 on the right)
View attachment 1831606
this branching was repeated in many places in the code. I don't know if it could be easily refactor in a function that does the job so that it can be easily maintained since it is repeated so many times. I never saw that in other games but also I'm not an expert in renpy, what do you think Bibifoc ?
First of all, L&P writes all the "story" code (currently day20.rpy). I review, sometimes fix things or propose solutions (for example menu choices have changed in the last update. It saves some duplicate code when players chose a filthy option without having enough filthy points).

I think I'm not breaking any big secret by saying that all the coding stuff is just pain in the ass for L&P. He's absolutely not interested in that. So code improvement not have to be the best possible but the best acceptable possible. And it doesn't only concern L&P. The more technical the devs are, the more you can propose. In the other case, you need to adapt and propose more user-friendly solutions.

In any case, all your analysis are interesting and I think I didn't pay enough attention to that. It's just the beginning of Part 2 but I feel the branching is already a little out of control :rolleyes:

maybes4

Dec 5, 2017
Most of the community seems to hate aiden. Besides, we wait months and get very little content anyway. so Why does the developer spends his time and money on aiden's (disturbing and not sexy at all) blackmail bullshit ?
Maybe he should open a pool and ask what the people who support him wants.
he did. Aiden comes 3rd

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
View attachment 1831789

In the code
Python:
            scene black with fade
            stop music fadeout 1.4
            $ renpy.pause()
        "Stay and risk it":
            pass
As you said, if both those variables are False it means that:
  • Sophia took the Flee option in the menu you showed

OR

• the Flee option in this other (previous) menu (show panties)
    View attachment 1831790

OR

• she was never at the meeting in the first place because she drove back immediately.
But there is no way to express a condition to know *exactly* that she refuse to enter the hideout because she spotted the gang members.

And, similarly, you cannot tell whether she showed the panties and then flee or she refused to show the panties, because you can only check that the 2 variables are false, which happens in the 3 different cases above (drive back, try to flee (panties) and try to flee (breast/grope).
While showing panties might not be so relevant or important, driving home it's a completely different event that need to/should be addressed in future dialogues.
When she arrives at the meeting, she's not peeking discreetly but going in and only think about leaving after a few steps in (like in the first screenshot of your post).

Then it's not shown but if she sees Aiden and his gang, they also see her. But they don't go after her and just let her go from afar. So in any case she was at the meeting, even when she didn't talk at all with Aiden.

Reactions: Ass Fan
3.20 star(s) 466 Votes