PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Unless it's one of the new PD15 events, I don't believe there's anything happening on the GW route for the foreseeable future.
I have not been tracking the GW events. The only one on my radar now is the Liam/Sophia swap with Andy/Cathy (think I got their names right). Are there any others out there that L&P has committed to and did he identify PD?

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
I think people should be happy it releases at all instead of complaining about when it releases.
We're not at that point yet are we? I mean, of course there are the warning signs the game is in trouble - particularly with the possible content in this storyline, but L&P has been pretty successful so far hiding what he is planning, and at least not being in Patreon's line of sight.

Sabertooth__

Sep 23, 2020
I have not been tracking the GW events. The only one on my radar now is the Liam/Sophia swap with Andy/Cathy (think I got their names right). Are there any others out there that L&P has committed to and did he identify PD?
There is supposed to be something happening with Liam's Boss in the future. Since we can meet him in the GW route, he could have a role. Nathalie is still available in the GW route as well. Rest nothing is known, most likely things will start happening in that route only after the swap with Andy and Cathy

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
I think people should be happy it releases at all instead of complaining about when it releases.
If the only place you get AWAM is on F95, I agree. If you are a supporter, whether Patreon or SS, I think it's reasonable to know if your unborn child will graduate college ahead of the completion of AWAM. I wish I could say I was just being sarcastic but ...

If the only place you get AWAM is on F95, I agree.

If you are a supporter, whether Patreon or SS, creating quality updates quickly and consistently is a reasonable expectation and points to supporters enjoying a completed AWAM sometime in a not too distant future.

If you are uncertain whether or not your unborn child will graduate college ahead of the completion of AWAM, that's not so good.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Preface - I don't like the math below but this is what I see:

I'd love to see AWAM's present time of development trend lines change, but those lines point to >1 year for the development of 1 Playable Day (PD) at PD 13 and with the completion of each PD, if the quality/quantity of content remain the same, the PD that follows will take even longer.

If PD 13 takes, for example, 15 months to be completed (let's say completion is around Mar 2023) and we treat the time it takes to finish PD 14 as: PD14 = (PD13 + PD13/10) = 16.5 months (this adds 10% to the time of completion for the next PD).

PD 14 does not look too bad, 16.5 months development time (~August 2024).

This does not sound too bad, but let's extent the trend line out several more PDs:

PD 15 = (PD14 + PD14/10) = (16.5 + 1.65) = 18.15 months (~February 2026)

PD 16 = (PD 15 + PD 15/10) = (18.15 + 1.815) = 19.965 months (~September 2027)

Again, this gets more painful, timewise and we are all waiting longer and longer to see each PD completed.

It's when we carry the trend line out to, let's say PD 20 that we see how much slower development becomes, with PD 20 weighing in at 29+ months of development, putting the completion of PD 20 at around 3rd quarter, 2036.

You don't want to know what PD 30 looks like... Let's just say that, if the trend lines hold as described above, any U.S. citizens reading this now and, able to enjoy PD 30 content, will also be celebrating the 300 year anniversary of the founding of the U.S. - in 2076...

Most here understand the power of compounded interest - where your interest adds to your principal and dramatically increases the value of your $ through time.

Here, the power of compounded time does us no favors.

For those who think that the +10%/PD compounding factor is too pessimistic, reducing this by half to +5%/PD provides only minor relief.

Using a +5% factor in the example above puts us at PD 20 completion arriving at around 1st quarter 2034.

L&P is the only one with the power to change the math here.

This number would decrease if L&P did not take 7-10 days off after every mini release, and it would decrease even more if he did not maintain the DOL farce on Patreon, taking time away from AWAM (bumping as much support to SS as possible).

The only real way to knock time of development of each PD down to something that will see most of us enjoying AWAM at PD 30 is if L&P builds an effective team, something that his supporters have brought up Many times.

Sabertooth__

Sep 23, 2020

I'd love to see AWAM's present time of development trend lines change, but those lines point to >1 year for the development of 1 Playable Day (PD) at PD 13 and with the completion of each PD, if the quality/quantity of content remain the same, the PD that follows will take even longer.

If PD 13 takes, for example, 15 months to be completed (let's say completion is around Mar 2023) and we treat the time it takes to finish PD 14 as: PD14 = (PD13 + PD13/10) = 16.5 months (this adds 10% to the time of completion for the next PD).

This does not sound too bad, but let's extent the trend line out several more PDs:

Again, this gets more painful, timewise and we are all waiting longer and longer to see each PD completed.

It's when we carry the trend line out to, let's say PD 20 that we see how much slower development becomes, with PD 20 weighing in at 29+ months of development, putting the completion of PD 20 at around 3rd quarter, 2036.

You don't want to know what PD 30 looks like... Let's just say that, if the trend lines hold as described above, any U.S. citizens reading this now and, able to enjoy PD 30 content, will also be celebrating the 300 year anniversary of the founding of the U.S. - in 2076...

Most here understand the power of compounded interest - where your interest adds to your principal and dramatically increases the value of your $ through time.

For those who think that the +10%/PD compounding factor is too pessimistic, reducing this by half to +5%/PD provides only minor relief.

Using a +5% factor in the example above puts us at PD 20 completion arriving at around 1st quarter 2034.

This number would decrease if L&P did not take 7-10 days off after every mini release, and it would decrease even more if he did not maintain the DOL farce on Patreon, taking time away from AWAM (bumping as much support to SS as possible).

The only real way to knock time of development of each PD down to something that will see most of us enjoying AWAM at PD 30 is if L&P builds an effective team, something that his supporters have brought up Many times.
You tried to put in a lot of math, but honestly you didn't need to and it is a bit wrong to assume PD 14 to be 16.5 months. There is basically 7 proper events in the whole day. I wouldn't even be surprised if he puts the entire morning of PD 14 in one update. If the Ellie event is in the shower then it will be to the point and not huge like around 300 renders. Currently a reasonable assumption for PD 14 can be taken as 10 months for the 7 events.

PD 15 will have a huge ranch event and a small other event too. It is probably the shortest PD we might get. Personally i expected around a 1000 renders from the day. Which shouldn't take him more than 7-8 months. So in the next 18 months, after PD 13, he should be able to get the next two PDs out.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
For those who strongly disagree with the compounding time factor in my PD post above - here is a 'simple time' calculation based on 15 months/PD, ignoring the fact that LP is taking more time to complete each PD he finishes.

This makes the assumption that every PD will 'only' take 15 months:

PD Month/year of completion
PD 13 Mar 2023
PD 14 Jun 2024
PD 15 Sep 2025
PD 16 Dec 2026
PD 17 Mar 2028
PD 18 Jun 2029
PD 19 Sep 2030
PD 20 Dec 2031
PD 30 Jun 2044

The above estimates are Very optimistic, and don't reflect the trend lines L&P has created.

The reality is very likely to be somewhere between the two numbers, so PD 20 would be completed between Dec 2031 - Sep 2036.

I'll say it again - L&P is the one in control of the math.

Any estimate above cannot take into account remastering/Patreon changes/Daz updates or other software changes that could delay production some number of weeks to months

Lukereds

Sep 28, 2019
If you prefer to play the game only about every half year, which i consider to be a wise decision, then maybe just do that and skip some updates if necessary.
That's why I'm not supporting this project. Really simple.

Last edited:

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
You tried to put in a lot of math, but honestly you didn't need to and it is a bit wrong to assume PD 14 to be 16.5 months. There is basically 7 proper events in the whole day. I wouldn't even be surprised if he puts the entire morning of PD 14 in one update. If the Ellie event is in the shower then it will be to the point and not huge like around 300 renders. Currently a reasonable assumption for PD 14 can be taken as 10 months for the 7 events.

PD 15 will have a huge ranch event and a small other event too. It is probably the shortest PD we might get. Personally i expected around a 1000 renders from the day. Which shouldn't take him more than 7-8 months. So in the next 18 months, after PD 13, he should be able to get the next two PDs out.
I'd love to see the trend lines break and shift to every PD taking < 1 year to develop. It's certainly possible that a few PDs will be significantly shorter (much smaller render count) than the average PD and the upcoming PD 15 ranch event could be one of these.

L&P has made a habit of adding in events that were not scripted in his original PD layout provided to supporters:

The time taken to do initial animations

The extra Aiden event

I don't know that any PD, even a published one like the current one, will not see a new scene/scenes getting added in - which he has the right to do as the creator.

I provided my second PD Time example after you posted your reply (and before I had a chance to see it).

I thought it would be good to provide a bracket - optimistic - pessimistic time frame.

I hope that L&P breaks all of our estimates pushing AWAM PD 30 to a completion sometime well past 2030 (like finishing PD 30 within the next 10 years) but the only way to do this and maintain the quality that has kept so many of us involved with AWAM is to Build That Team!!

'Getting off the build that team soap box.'

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Sabertooth__

abram1

May 24, 2020

FirstLoathsomeBlackfootedferret-size_restricted.gif

Flawed and invalid estimations. Next PD has less events than the current one. PD15 supposed to be even shorter.
You assume that every single update gets bigger and bigger, like a snowball, which can't be true. Each PD is individual, L&P himself has no clue about their size, it's a work-in-progress VN.

All this frustration with the pace is comprehendible. It's tough to coax the hoax, comprende? By that I mean there's no need to beg, whine, cry, get mad, mock and carry out all kinds of idiocy like we do in here in order to affect the dev of this VN. His goal is to make the game of his dream no matter how long it takes, banking on the banking accounts of his supporters. It's a stroll on a very thin sharp edge, I can only salute him.

The completion itself seems hardly feasible and would be considered a New Wonder of the World. Let's enjoy the ride together, while it lasts.

Sabertooth__

Sep 23, 2020
is moving fast!!! ok how many pages of plot this event need?
This event can have more than normal dialogue because this scene will incorporate not just the conversation but at the same time actual facts that Sophia will be teaching the boys and their interaction around it as well. Plus it is likely that there will be a conversation with Leah before as well.

Sadowdark

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 4, 2020
This event can have more than normal dialogue because this scene will incorporate not just the conversation but at the same time actual facts that Sophia will be teaching the boys and their interaction around it as well. Plus it is likely that there will be a conversation with Leah before as well.
Nothing will happen as some have quoted here, L&P said nothing will happen?

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes